View Full Version : Will Machida ever get a shot at the title?

number6
03-08-2009, 01:18 PM
As the title of the thread asks, Will this guy ever get his shot?

I was under the impression that he would get a shot if he beat Tito, which he won but was overlooked.

Then it was Tiago Silva, yet again he won the match in impressive fashon but now Jackson jumps in first.

At this rate it looks as though they will just continue to stall him untill he eventually loses a fight whilst waiting for his shot. Maybe they just dont like his style of fighting.

Any thoughts.

Mozza
03-08-2009, 02:07 PM
He fights the winner of the Rampage Rashad fight, he may even fight Rashad first depending on whether Rampage has enough time to prepare.

Soda Popinski
03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
He fights the winner of the Rampage Rashad fight, he may even fight Rashad first depending on whether Rampage has enough time to prepare.

^^^

If Rampage turns down the fight with Rashad, then Machida gets the fight. He's already accepted. It's lame how they keep him on standby though.

Palma
03-08-2009, 04:13 PM
He should take on the winner of Rampage vs. Evans. I want to see "UFC 98: Black on Black Crime" happen first. It will be a stand up war!!

SalSanchez
03-08-2009, 11:30 PM
He wont get a shot because of his style and the UFC won't be able to market him too bad because in my opinion nobody in the 205 division would beat The Dragon :boxing: :boxing:

MJ406
03-08-2009, 11:53 PM
check the other topic, Rampage isn't a shoo in for the title shot at UFC 98.

and Lyoto just might get it.

**I think Rampage getting the next shot at the May PPV would be too rushed (only a 2 fight win streak)

and while it might not sell as well ... undefeated vs Undefeated would have more fight intrigue, IMO.

SalSanchez
03-09-2009, 02:15 AM
check the other topic, Rampage isn't a shoo in for the title shot at UFC 98.

and Lyoto just might get it.

Might is the keyword but I'm pretty sure he won't get it.

-Swizzy-
03-09-2009, 04:07 AM
^^^

If Rampage turns down the fight with Rashad, then Machida gets the fight. He's already accepted. It's lame how they keep him on standby though.

yeah I agree, Machida deserved a shot a long time ago but, I understand why they want to do Rashad-Rampage before Machida because if Machida beats Rashad, then the Rashad-Rampage fight might not ever happen and that will be a sick fight. No way Rashad-Rampage goes past the 1st round.

But Machida will definitley get his shot before september of this year for sure.

-Swizzy-
03-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Might is the keyword but I'm pretty sure he won't get it.

yes, it is already GUARANTEED that machida gets the title shot in May if Rampage doesn't accept the fight. Rampage was already proposed this fight and he said that he is reluctant because it won't give him enough time to rest before training camp and Dana said that Machida gets the shot if Rampage gives his formal withdrawal from the fight.

and if Rampage does accept the fight, then it is guaranteed that Machida fights the winner of rashad-rampage.

Sn1
03-09-2009, 08:52 AM
machida vs evans will be awful to watch i bet.
the guy who doesnt do much against the guy that makes u look like your not doing much.

rashad's wins over bisping, liddell and griffin were far from impressive in my eyes.
yes he won, in the latter two he won big, but they were wins that came after he'd looked like **** for the rest of the fight.

stylewise im hoping rampages slower pace doesnt allow rashad to steal rds using effective backpedalling and leg licks. but i kinda see rashad edging out a 5rd fight.

Savino
03-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Personally I think Machida should have one more fight before he fights for the title. I think he should be looking at a title fight around september/october time.

I wanna see Rampage v Evans first but at same time hope they don't rush Rampage for this fight.

Harms
03-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Not to rain on the parade, but other than Silva, who has Machida beat while in the UFC? A Tito who can't get signed anywhere, an obvious overrated Sok and a bunch of nobodies. Give him Shogun, Griffen, Chuck, or Wandy and I'd be happy.

MJ406
03-10-2009, 09:31 AM
well that would be ideal .. however with Wanderlei moving out of Light Heavy for the time being, Shogun is facing Liddell next

who else can Lyoto fight?

Shogun-Liddell Winner?

Jardine?

Vera?

a returning Forrest Griffin?

number6
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Not to rain on the parade, but other than Silva, who has Machida beat while in the UFC? A Tito who can't get signed anywhere, an obvious overrated Sok and a bunch of nobodies. Give him Shogun, Griffen, Chuck, or Wandy and I'd be happy.

Griffin got a shot from beating Shogun alone, who was coming off a bad injury. Machidas wins over Tito, Silva and Sokoudjou were impressive.

Lets not forget although Tito is past his best he still would be a tough fight for most at 205, Silva was thought by many to be a potential champ and Sokoudjou came into the UFC in tremendos form from Pride.