View Full Version : New Martial Art! give it a name!

Horus ra
03-08-2009, 07:00 AM
What would be a cool name for a new Martial Art?

Palma
03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I would call it "The Classical Mess"!

Horus ra
03-09-2009, 09:37 PM
I dont like it

make something like Kung jit fu or Kung fu Jitsu or Kung Jitsu or something similar ot Semper Fu

Palma
03-10-2009, 04:55 AM
What is the essence of your "new martial arts"?

What is the base? (Kenpo, Karate, Kung-Fu, BJJ, etc, etc.)

Can't have a an art without a base to build from so what was your base?

I said classical mess not to be funny, but because you had listed such a large variety of eclectic arts and to me in looked like a big all you can eat salad bar.

Horus ra
03-10-2009, 06:55 AM
it would be an MMA,

mostly kungfu/bjj/muay thai/sambo/wing chun/jeet kune do/tai chi

Mickey Rawk
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
"Penis touch-itsu"

baya
03-10-2009, 11:37 AM
"Penis touch-itsu"

this was good.

Move BRICKS™
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
it would be an MMA,

mostly kungfu/bjj/muay thai/sambo/wing chun/jeet kune do/tai chi

Who would train all of those at once? Haha.

First of all you'd need to take a few out since you wouldn't realistically be able to train in all of them.

Secondly, some of those are redundant. Like Jeet Kune Do itself contains aspect of all applicable martial arts, so that would be the most dominant of them all. Hence, this martial art would be called "Jeet Kune Do."

But either way, you wouldn't be able to master Wing Chun with the intent of hurting another person with it, because you couldn't find a master to train you. Especially with those intentions.

IMO Wing Chun cancels out Kung Fu and using Tai Chi would be useless in MMA.

Sambo covers many submissions and everything you'd need on the ground (Take Fedor for example, who trains in Sambo and not BJJ) so you have to either cancel out BJJ or Sambo.

So out of this list of Martial Arts, I find the only applicable solution being JKD/Muay Thai and Sambo/BJJ.

Palma
03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
At he end of the day simplicity wins out over the fancy ****.

Unknown Champ
03-10-2009, 11:28 PM
kinetic-chi-do

Sandwich
03-12-2009, 12:36 AM
A combination of Muay Thai, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Wrestling called GSP-Fu! Which makes the majority of mixed martial artists GSP-Fu practitioners... :lol1:

Horus ra
03-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Well the reason why is because I would like to learn several different marital arts and then create my own Martial Art. I wouldn't have to train in all of them for years and be black belts, just long enough to learn a lot of it, like a year each of of them. Except I'd probably spend more time on kungfu.

Also Jeet Kune Do is not all of those, it's mostly just Wing Chun