View Full Version : Mega Fight: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Rashad Evans

Don Corleone
03-08-2009, 12:27 AM
This is going to be a crazy fight in my honest opinion. It was a nice win for Jackson against Jardine and I would've much rather wanted to see Jackson vs Evans than Machida vs Evans. I think a Jackson vs Evans will be an action packed brawl. Jackson is one of the most entertaining MMA fighters ever and I've enjoyed watching him for a while, but I'm pulling for Evans. I didn't really have much respect for Evans before, but I really respect where this guy has come from in terms of MMA. He's beat two of the best light-heavyweights in the world both Chuck Liddell and Forest Griffin and he did it in a stunning fashion. I think the UFC produced a nice promo at the end of UFC 96. Anyone else can't wait for this fight?

SalSanchez
03-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I could care less whoever wins this match as long as Lyoto gets his shot against the winner of this bout but I hope Rampage wins

Actus Reus 21
03-08-2009, 12:42 AM
I hate to see two of the best black mma fighters fight because black fighters in mma is deffinetly a minority but with that being said id like to see rashad evans win since he is the younger more responsible guy and seems less likly of going downhill after this fight.

FreshPrince
03-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Black on Black crime! Rashad's has a very small head, compared to Rampage at least. And he looked like a cheap lawyer in that suit that looked like it was too big for him. I am looking forward to this fight, I can't make a pick yet.

Palma
03-08-2009, 01:16 AM
When is Machida going to get his shot!?

Don Corleone
03-08-2009, 01:23 AM
UFC 98 is expected to be stacked. Yushin Okami vs Dan Miller is also on the card along with Frank Edgar vs Sean Sherk, Josh Koscheck vs Chris Wilson and the main event Jackson vs Evans.

Talon
03-08-2009, 01:40 AM
i like rampage more and usually dislike evans. i think rampage has better skills but evans seems to be very talented. after rampage's performance tonight i think evans could give him some trouble. i think neither will be afraid at the beginning and will probably trade till someone gets hurt. i am not a evans fan by any means but he gets good wins. i cant even pick who i WANT to win. rampage is so experienced it feels wrong to not assume he will win

StillUnknown
03-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Rampage doesn't have the offensive variety to really surprise Rashad. Rashad will be able to focus on avoiding the bombs and stuffing takedowns. Rashad has a damn good chin (can't remember a time he was knocked down). i can see rashad using his speed to get in and throw some leg kicks and getting out of range before Rampage can land his power shots.

i'm taking Rashad by late TKO in this one

g0tcha
03-08-2009, 03:31 AM
i havent seen much of rashads fights except his last 3-4 so im not too sure if his chin has really been tested to say he has one or not. also as of late his fight arsenal has been coming together and his footwork and upper body movement is amazing which makes him very hard to hit. im thinking his speed power and explosiveness is going to be a huge problem for jackson. im thinking that i dont care who wins at the moment and i'll be happy just to see the match.

JabSandwich
03-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Black on Black crime! Rashad's has a very small head, compared to Rampage at least. And he looked like a cheap lawyer in that suit that looked like it was too big for him. I am looking forward to this fight, I can't make a pick yet.

everybody has a small head compared to Rampage

Dice
03-08-2009, 05:49 AM
UFC 98 is expected to be stacked. Yushin Okami vs Dan Miller is also on the card along with Frank Edgar vs Sean Sherk, Josh Koscheck vs Chris Wilson and the main event Jackson vs Evans.

Now UFC 100 is REALLY lookin stacked with GSP vs Alves, Bisping vs Henderson, and Mir vs Lesnar as the main event

Don Corleone
03-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Now UFC 100 is REALLY lookin stacked with GSP vs Alves, Bisping vs Henderson, and Mir vs Lesnar as the main event

Are they all official? Where'd you get that from?

ABOSWORTH
03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I think Rashad will win. He's too quick for Jackson IMO.

This is off subject but Jackson has a real weakness for leg kicks. Any fighter who is effective with leg kicks (cough, Machida..) will beat his ass. I think Machida would kick the **** out of Rampage for 5 rounds. Evans will be a tougher fight for Machida IMO.

the traveler
03-08-2009, 01:05 PM
I voted for Evans. Ever since I watched him on The Ultimate Fighter I thought that he would be a very hard person to beat. I can see him being a guy with like only 2 or 3 losses by the time he retires.

Don Corleone
03-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I think Rashad will win. He's too quick for Jackson IMO.

This is off subject but Jackson has a real weakness for leg kicks. Any fighter who is effective with leg kicks (cough, Machida..) will beat his ass. I think Machida would kick the **** out of Rampage for 5 rounds. Evans will be a tougher fight for Machida IMO.

You're correct about the leg kicks. The determining factor in the Griffin fight where Jackson lost his belt was the leg kicks. Similarly, Machida has a chance to do much more damage. Jackson has a wrestling background but he doesn't like Jiu-Jitsu and isn't that technical when it comes to it so that wouldn't be a second option for him.

However, I would bet that a devastating right (like the one that KO'd W. Silva) or a left hook (like the one that stopped Liddell and dropped Jardine) would put Machida out cold quicker than Machida's ability to continue with the leg kicks.

Golden Boy 360
03-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I got Sugar on this one.....but you never know in ufc one punch changes everything

the traveler
03-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll agree that I think this will be a good fight. But I wouldnt be surprised if it went to decision, as both guys can be cautious fighters.

vinnie7731
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM

that would be worth the trip to vegas regardless of how hot it will be in vegas in july

Move BRICKS™
03-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Rampage via KO. I think you guys are forgetting who Rashad is up against.

Dorian
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I am a fan of both, anything can happen in this sport, one punch changes it all, I just think that Rashad Evans is too fast and slick for Rampage, he can "out slug" Rampage and I think he could win by a late tko, but never count Jackson out, it's a real toss up but....I'll go ahead and say Evans should take it.

Move BRICKS™
03-08-2009, 09:16 PM
We're talking about Quinton Jackson here. An improved version of what he was. A man that who's only TKO losses are to Wanderlei Silva and in case you guys don't know, you aren't seeing the same Wanderlei Silva in the UFC that was seen in PRIDE FC. A prime Wanderlei Silva was easily the most lethal 205lb fighter to ever exist, and the damage that Quinton has absorbed by Wanderlei was incredible in both bouts.

Go watch the fights, seriously. This is not a man who will be KO'd in one punch.

Savino
03-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm a fan of both but it is far to close to call. I will wait to see the countdown show first before I see who looks in better shape and how the training goes.

Don Corleone
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
We're talking about Quinton Jackson here. An improved version of what he was. A man that who's only TKO losses are to Wanderlei Silva and in case you guys don't know, you aren't seeing the same Wanderlei Silva in the UFC that was seen in PRIDE FC. A prime Wanderlei Silva was easily the most lethal 205lb fighter to ever exist, and the damage that Quinton has absorbed by Wanderlei was incredible in both bouts.

Go watch the fights, seriously. This is not a man who will be KO'd in one punch.

I agree that a prime Wanderlei Silva was easily the most lethal 205lb fighter to ever exist. And personally, my favourite also. The second match between him and Jackson is one of my favourites. He KO'd Jackson with a knee and left him falling and dangling on the third rope with his shoulder on top of it. Great match...

Reggie Miller
03-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm going for my boy rashad.

big-lynch
03-10-2009, 02:58 PM
think rampage will beat rashad he'll be in peak condition for him rashad want take chances in my opinion he'll run round the octagon all night an try counter...

Don Corleone
05-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Had to bump this thread. The Jackson fans are back since they've made it a closer poll than it was. Even though this fight can only happen if Evans beats Jackson, I still think it's an interesting discussion.

Who do you guys think would be a more difficult challenge for Evans? Machida or Jackson? (keep both fighter's styles in consideration).

And how about the more difficult challenge for Machida? Evans or Jackson?

DeltaSigChi4
05-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Machida shouldn't be challenged by anyone.

Machida > Rampage + Evans

E

TRAVI$
05-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Machida beats both.

RwK
05-16-2009, 07:13 AM
I think Jackson is too old and lethargic.

Evans will simply outwork him en route to an easy decision win.

Don Corleone
05-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I think Jackson is too old and lethargic.

Evans will simply outwork him en route to an easy decision win.

What would give you that impression? His only recent loss has been to Griffin and that was a very close bout. Before that, he was on a 6 fight win streak beating the most impressive fighters. Since the Griffin fight, he's KO'd W.Silva and decisioned Jardine. I don't think Jackson is too old. There's nothing about him that proves that.

Left2theliver
05-16-2009, 12:35 PM
it would be a great fight, but i can wait for it. I think it's only right for Lyoto to get his title shot.

Cadillac Man
05-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Is this the most stacked card ever? or the biggest fight in MMA history? Or is that UFC 99? or UFC 100? They use the same story line every month it's SO OLD!

Don Corleone
06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Glad to say that this thread is very much valid and these guys are still expected to fight each other in their next fight.

Now that both guys are on "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 10, this will make the match-up an even more anticipated one.

However, it's still very difficult to pick a winner. Both guys are among my favourite in the UFC. Before the Machida fight, I leaned slightly to Rashad but now it's much closer. Both guys dislike each other and I really can't wait for TUF to begin to see the build-up of the actual fight.

F l i c k e r
06-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Its too hard to tell. Im not choosing. I like both Rashad and Rampage. I hope they fight a good fight. I dont want to see alot of standing or some boring ****. Let's get an old Pride FC style fight in the UFC.