View Full Version : punching/striking

ablunt
03-19-2004, 07:19 PM
does any one know some good striking/punching exercises that will make your punches stronger and faster? Also what good videos are out their?

DOGGx0
03-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Work on combos. If you have a recorder, record yourself spouting out combos and work off of it. As far as vids... I'd go with anything BAS has out, for punching and basics... I'd get the BAS Rutten MMA Workout. Its off the hook!

ablunt
03-19-2004, 07:26 PM
thanks a lot!

DOGGx0
03-19-2004, 07:43 PM
no prob bro. another quick little tip... shadow boxing is good too. it takes time to build up speed. after you keep drilling combos and such, it'll all come second hand nature. if i think of anything else, i'll post it. some other good vids to get your hands on is some of Rob McCoulough's Muay Tai videos.

Kempo Chris
03-20-2004, 07:41 PM
the basics is always good - hitting the bags - shadowboxing - padwork - all good stuff that always needs to be done -
sometimes I will just work specific punches and throw that punch 100 times and work all my punches doing it 100 times

another thing i do occasionaly is working my punches with 5 lb wrist weights - Some people will tell you its a bad idea, but I do it and it works for me - just be very careful not to hyperextend your elbow - this is dangerous , because it may hurt your elbows

and like dog said work your combos - you can also work with a partner - one working defense and one working offense - if your on the offense then you will bve working your punches with someone defending

thats all i have to say right now - maybe I will think of more later