View Full Version : What was your worst boxing experience...

spinksjinx
11-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Thus far?

Just as the title asks, Yesterday I got my first real stinger in sparring.

I have a canker sore in my bottom mouth and I got hit in the mouth right their and it was possibly the worst pain, I have ever felt....Blood had squirted out and I froze up, the guy I was sparring backed me up into the ropes and hit the **** out of me...Wasnt fun and afterwards completely exhausting, I went into survival mode after that. :eek:

That is something im not looking forward to do again....

Share yours.

leff
11-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Thats the way of boxing spinks.

My worst experience must been when i sparred with a guy we call fearfull Frank at 6.3 and 230 pounds. He knocked me to the solar plexus, damn that hurt, i couldent stand straight for sveral minutes.

An other time i was sparring a guy, who is two times champ and got a silver from the open german championship.

He landed a straight to my head so hard the world turned green, like when you see threw a seven-upp bottle.

spinksjinx
11-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Thats the way of boxing spinks.

My worst experience must been when i sparred with a guy we call fearfull Frank at 6.3 and 230 pounds. He knocked me to the solar plexus, damn that hurt, i couldent stand straight for sveral minutes.

An other time i was sparring a guy, who is two times champ and got a silver from the open german championship.

He landed a straight to my head so hard the world turned green, like when you see threw a seven-upp bottle.

Sounds painful, I havent really been hit really hard (except the other day and w/ the sore it didnt help much)

Sounds pretty brutal did you go down from the punch to the head???

How much do you weigh by the way?

leff
11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Sounds painful, I havent really been hit really hard (except the other day and w/ the sore it didnt help much)

Sounds pretty brutal did you go down from the punch to the head???

How much do you weigh by the way?

No i stod on my feat and punched back.

Im at 184lbs, 6ft wit 75inch reach.

spinksjinx
11-12-2004, 10:33 AM
No i stod on my feat and punched back.

Im at 184lbs, 6ft wit 75inch reach.

Awesome that you kept punching and regained composure *Thumbs up*

leff
11-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Awesome that you kept punching and regained composure *Thumbs up*

Thanks, what else was i to do?

spinksjinx
11-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks, what else was i to do?

Go down, Take a breather, quit....

But the above is not an option....

I know when I got rocked, I just leaned back and tried to get away to recoop but no, I was pressed and couldnt go anywhere (but that is what the guy is supposed to do when someone is in trouble right?)

I was able to get out of it a few seconds later and threw a couple jabs to keep the distance and by that time the round was coming to a close.

elveiel
11-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Thus far?

Just as the title asks, Yesterday I got my first real stinger in sparring.

I have a canker sore in my bottom mouth and I got hit in the mouth right their and it was possibly the worst pain, I have ever felt....Blood had squirted out and I froze up, the guy I was sparring backed me up into the ropes and hit the **** out of me...Wasnt fun and afterwards completely exhausting, I went into survival mode after that. :eek:

That is something im not looking forward to do again....

Share yours.

Why were you exhausted? your workout sound like good prep for fighting, do you think it was nerves after getting caught??

i was really fit before my first fight but nerves made me exhausted!!

My worst moment was doing kickboxing, i was sparring with my insructor and he caught me with a bomb!! My legs went so i just backed up to the ropes and started throwing bombs, i can punch abit and the guy didnt want to get caught, so it gave me a good 5-10secs to recover. apart from that moment the session went well.

leff
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Useally my train stops it when somone gets rocked,the other ones dident notice, besides my legs were steady.

Tha Greatest
11-13-2004, 12:28 PM
here is my worse kickboxin experiencce back in tha days

i was sparrin some black belt lady :confused: and i dont wanna ****in hit a girl so i just tapped her a few times with my left

then wack kick rite in tha balls solid

i just dropped flat...tha way bowe fell againt golota :eek:

but i stopped kickboxing
boxing is tha real stuff
actually two days ago
i got caught with a body punch a HARD one
uppercut straight to tha same spot as oscar
IT STUNG!!
now i know how effective a body punch is
if it was a real fight i would've prolly been done

leff
11-13-2004, 12:58 PM
here is my worse kickboxin experiencce back in tha days

i was sparrin some black belt lady :confused: and i dont wanna ****in hit a girl so i just tapped her a few times with my left

then wack kick rite in tha balls solid

i just dropped flat...tha way bowe fell againt golota :eek:

but i stopped kickboxing
boxing is tha real stuff
actually two days ago
i got caught with a body punch a HARD one
uppercut straight to tha same spot as oscar
IT STUNG!!
now i know how effective a body punch is
if it was a real fight i would've prolly been done

Ive sparred a lot with kickboxers, they are good kicking in the nuts, remember once i attack while he threw a forkick, ouch

blockburna944
11-13-2004, 07:56 PM
My worst (so far) has to be about a month back when i was sparring a short guy. The plan was to do about 5 rounds, but in the first round he hit me with a sharp hook to the ribs. I could feel my rib push into my guts and it knocked the wind out of me. i ended up finishing the entire session, but i had nothing left in me. I went from moving all over the place to barely lifting my heels off the canvas. He kept trying to work at my ribs to the point where it was just easier to take head shots than risk exposing my ribs again.

patto1984
11-13-2004, 08:05 PM
My first lose was my worst experience. It was for a title and I got robbed for of it. A real heatbreaker, i was depressed for days.

BoxingPromoter
11-14-2004, 04:06 PM
At age 15, a fought my first and last amateur bout. I started

the fight jabbing at my oppenent, he slipped my jab and tagged me

with a strong right cross. Then, I forgot everything I learned

about boxing and started a slug fest to which my oppenent got the

better of. After 2 or 3 standing eight counts later,(I cant

remember,I'm now 27) the referee stopped the bout in the first

round much to my relief! After wiping the blood from my nose and

mouth, and the tears from my eyes, I knew at that moment I would

never box again. Looking back, it probaly was for the best

because I didn't posses that "killer instinct" that you need to

have in order to suceed in boxing. My experiance as a boxer did

not detract me from being a boxing fan but now the only sport I

participate in is fishing! :o

andreyd
01-22-2005, 05:30 AM
its allways a pleasure

julDilla
01-22-2005, 05:35 AM
its allways a pleasure

yeah, the pain afterwards feels great, you really dont know how hurt your are until you stop, but if i have to pick one hmm one time a guy threw an uppercut and it scrape my eye and i couldnt see, more punches came with it

Tha Greatest
01-23-2005, 02:08 PM
yeah, the pain afterwards feels great, you really dont know how hurt your are until you stop, but if i have to pick one hmm one time a guy threw an uppercut and it scrape my eye and i couldnt see, more punches came with it

We still gonna fight
we better!

Mr. Ryan
01-25-2005, 01:33 PM
I was 175 lbs. and woefully out of shape when I started at The Union City Boxing Club in the winter of 2003. I had busted my ass and lost 20 lbs. in an unhealthy way by the time I took on prospect Antonio Espinoza 3-0 (0 KO). It was a sparring session and I told my trainer that I couldn't spar because I was out of shape. He called me a *****, so I went in there anyways. I was beaten from pillar to post as the weight loss had taken away my legs and left me able to only throw 5 punches the whole session. I packed up and was taken under the tutelage of former Light Heavyweight champion Jimmy "The Cat" Dupree.

marvelous_TG
01-25-2005, 01:41 PM
The worst thing is the headaches you have at the beginning when you first start boxing.

Mr. Ryan
01-25-2005, 02:05 PM
The worst thing is the headaches you have at the beginning when you first start boxing.
No, it's hitting the bag when you still have baby knuckles.

marvelous_TG
01-25-2005, 02:20 PM
No, it's hitting the bag when you still have baby knuckles.
hehe that too. :o

ophqui
01-26-2005, 10:22 AM
my worst boxing expiriance was probably my first day of roadwork. I thought i was pretty fit, but my instructor told me to go running with him just to show the pace/distance i should be doing and it absolutely killed me. Did about 4 miles, but it was REALLY fast. Thats what i enjoyed the least. I find sparring exciting and engaging even when im losing, so my worst expiriance couldnt really be in the ring.

Super_Lightweight
01-28-2005, 11:57 AM
My worst boxing experience in my 3rd amateur fight. I was too undisciplined to box and didn't use much foot movement at all. It was in the golden gloves for Northwest Florida. The guy I was fighting was in the military and had 40 fights.

He was hitting me with some hard punches and I was defenseless so I took a knee so as not tog et KO'd. I got up and outboxed him a bit and used a jab but it didn't last. He put pressure on me and I folded. I was just plain exhausted and the ref stopped the fight. I wasn't staggering or anything but I was losing and it was the worst I've been tore up before.

Atwa_66
01-28-2005, 06:15 PM
It was about 3 weeks ago, I was doing some defensive sparring. The kid I was working with is a lot smaller than me, But I didn't hit back, I just dodged, blocked, and moved, just to work mainly on defense. Well about 6 rounds in I was beat tired, and He caught me with a right hook to my temple, which put my headgear over my right eye. I stumbled back, and stood up straight, when he caught me with another right, which followed with a jab, a left hook, and finally an uppercut. I finally got my hands up, but he went right around my hands and delievered a powerful punch to the same place he had hit me early. I heard like a crack noise, and I just dropped. I got up, and finished the sparring session, but it was a bad pain. I got up and couldn't stand up straight it was so bad. Definitely the worst expierence, made me feel like **** because I was getting hit with these combinations, and that's an even worse feeling...

jack_the_rippuh
01-28-2005, 10:55 PM
I got hit with a chopping right hand straight in the face. It was weird because blackness started slowly closing in on my vision, it was dark for about a second, and I was okay. But that never happened again after that, though..

phallus
01-28-2005, 11:00 PM
my worst ever was getting hit in the liver THREE times in one fight, holy **** did that hurt

Trovato55
01-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I was doing some "light sparring" with someone who weighed about 220 lbs to my 155. He got aggravated and hit me with a hook to the gut after the bell rang and I couldn't breathe. It was embarrassing until I wised up and dropped him with an uppercut to the chin in the next round.

Lol999
01-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Since I don't box it would have to be watching any Audley Harrisson fight, including the post fight interview ;)

Lol

BrickJungleGorilla
02-08-2005, 03:40 AM
My worst boxing experience was when i was boxing with a friend of my brother in law. He hit me with a hook to the head then a hook to the liver. They said as i went down i let out a ***** ass sounding moan, but i really dont remember. I was like 14, had never boxed before, smoked a pack a day, and the first time i put on gloves BAM i get hit like that. I learned one thing that day though, keep my hands up and my elbows in.

xrhythmxnxbluesx
02-08-2005, 03:51 AM
worst boxing experience... was my first amauture fight... didnt box at all... was juss brawling in there... and ended up gettin tko in the 5th... it suk... but i learned from my mistakes...

Mr. Ryan
02-08-2005, 11:32 AM
worst boxing experience... was my first amauture fight... didnt box at all... was juss brawling in there... and ended up gettin tko in the 5th... it suk... but i learned from my mistakes...
5 rounds in an amateur fight?

Pinoy_Texan
02-09-2005, 02:54 PM
6th round in sparring I let out burst of punches and punched myself out. I couldn't breathe and it was hard to keep my hands up. To make matters worse I got hit in the belly and when I braced for the hit my abs cramped up and there was still a minute to go. It was the worst feeling for me just because there was nothing behind my punches to keep my sparring partner away. After that day I started to work on my conditioning more.

Round 1
04-10-2005, 06:23 PM
I met Floyd Mayweather Sr when he came to EL Paso, TX. on Eric Morales training team. [ for the Morales vs. Kelly fight.]
I was training on the same gym at the time they walked in to train, I walked up to Floyd and as I was shaking his hand I told him that I remember watching him fight on tv when he was still active. He said, " which fight did you watch. " Your fight against Julio Cesar Chavez, I repied. He looked at me for a couple of seconds and said "well allright."
Later I realized that Floyd Sr. never fought JCC. It was his brother Roger. That was embarrasing as hell, I couldn't look at him again.

akins12732
04-10-2005, 06:41 PM
just two days ago....

at my neighbors he has a speed bag and he yelled at me and i looked at him and i quit punching the bag and stepped forward and the bag gave me one helluva a shot to the nose it bled forever

.::EnRiQuE::.
04-10-2005, 06:42 PM
i'm 15 yrs old & i fight at 106. i was sparring my usual sparring partner who is 23 yrs old and weighs 130. this guy is a slugger like krazy. he won his first fight by breaking a guys jaw...he was out of it real bad. andyway i usually outbox him by using my jab to set up my straight right and counters. he is a south paw and i stepped in with a power jab and he threw a straight left as i was throwing my jab ...only thing is that he landed first. my head snapped back and suddenly evrything seemed to go in slow-mo. he threw like two more punches and i saw them in slow-mo but i just couldn't get my hand up to block 'em and i got hit so flush. man did that hurt. mind you i'm 5'7" 1/2 and weigh 106 while this guy is like 5'5" and jacked at 130. its alright though cuz i got him back next round with a left hook to the body, followed by a left uppercut, then i spinned out so he had no clue where i was. but DAMN did that **** hurt.

Tha Greatest
04-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I met Floyd Mayweather Sr when he came to EL Paso, TX. on Eric Morales training team. [ for the Morales vs. Kelly fight.]
I was training on the same gym at the time they walked in to train, I walked up to Floyd and as I was shaking his hand I told him that I remember watching him fight on tv when he was still active. He said, " which fight did you watch. " Your fight against Julio Cesar Chavez, I repied. He looked at me for a couple of seconds and said "well allright."
Later I realized that Floyd Sr. never fought JCC. It was his brother Roger. That was embarrasing as hell, I couldn't look at him again.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
FUNNNNNY ****!!!!!!

Actually I met Floyd Mayweather Sr also at the Barrera-Morales III weigh in, he's hella cool...some kids didnt have posters or anythin for him to sign and he was signing $1 bills....lol
Very nice guy for signin autographs, ***** ass De La Hoya left from the back!!****in *****!! Floyd Sr. is hella tight though...

04-10-2005, 06:48 PM
and brain damage must have been the effect of that fight cuz amateur last 3-4 rounds...you've taken one too many shots to the head :no: :nonono:

joeboxer
04-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Well its like this. I had a vicious bout of the liquid ****s during the weekend but it was Monday and I thought that I had gotten it all out.

I make it through the first half hour of practice fine. But towards then I start to feel some rumblin' in my stomach. I sparred a couple rounds with this guy and he hit me in the stomach, and the rumblin got alot worse but I kept it under control.

Then to end the practice we had to do "Up-downs" which are a combination pushup and jumpin jack. Well during the jumpin back part I went into that squatting position and all of a sudde, BOOM!!!! **** is just flying out my ass. I ran to the bathroom, and a little bit was on my leg, and I ruined those shorts for good. I was really embarassed for about a week untill this one kid went to crazy hard in his first round sparring and ended up pukin in the ring. Then everyone was like "at least Joe gets to the bathroom" and that guy was the new *****.

Tha Greatest
04-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Anyone know Willie Jorrin??

Well he is the former 122 bantamweight champion of the world after bein the 3rd person to defeat Oscar Larios(which Larios avenged by KO in 1)

Well I see him in the locker room of my gym, and I thought he was just one of those 40 year old people coming to get in shape, so he asks me how long i've been goin there and i tell him 3 months and i say u and he says 2 weeks

and i say u aint gonna fight are u?

he says i did, i said already?
and he says ya

he says "Im a pro" I say "dont lie"

and he says "i'm the former 122 pound champion" and i just burst out laughin in front of him
and he kept tellin me he's for real and i never believed him until he left hahaha

joeboxer
04-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Seems like people have had some really embarassing things happen. Am I the only person who pooped themselves though?

Round 1
04-10-2005, 08:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
FUNNNNNY ****!!!!!!

Actually I met Floyd Mayweather Sr also at the Barrera-Morales III weigh in, he's hella cool...some kids didnt have posters or anythin for him to sign and he was signing $1 bills....lol
Very nice guy for signin autographs, ***** ass De La Hoya left from the back!!****in *****!! Floyd Sr. is hella tight though...

Yeap, it sounds funny now,

Tha Greatest
04-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Seems like people have had some really embarassing things happen. Am I the only person who pooped themselves though?

In the ring yes

While walking home from school, no...
hahaha(I was like 6!) and no it didnt come out like u did

akins12732
04-10-2005, 08:04 PM
WOW joeboxer....

phallus
04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Well its like this. I had a vicious bout of the liquid ****s during the weekend but it was Monday and I thought that I had gotten it all out.

I make it through the first half hour of practice fine. But towards then I start to feel some rumblin' in my stomach. I sparred a couple rounds with this guy and he hit me in the stomach, and the rumblin got alot worse but I kept it under control.

Then to end the practice we had to do "Up-downs" which are a combination pushup and jumpin jack. Well during the jumpin back part I went into that squatting position and all of a sudde, BOOM!!!! **** is just flying out my ass. I ran to the bathroom, and a little bit was on my leg, and I ruined those shorts for good. I was really embarassed for about a week untill this one kid went to crazy hard in his first round sparring and ended up pukin in the ring. Then everyone was like "at least Joe gets to the bathroom" and that guy was the new *****.

daaamn, joe!!! that reminds me of the time my stepmom was on a cruise, and the water started getting rough, and a few people on deck puked. she didn't feel sick until one lady puked and another slipped and fell into it. ha ha!!! it also reminds me of a story about a buttwedge in a crowded public place, but i'll save that one for another time

MuscleBobBuffPants
04-12-2005, 08:29 AM
standard first real body shot i encountered. i coulnt move and i wanted to crawl into the foetal position and suck my thumb. lucky there was only 10 sec left in the round but it was a good 40 sec into the next round before i had fully recovered

04-12-2005, 11:02 PM
standard first real body shot i encountered. i coulnt move and i wanted to crawl into the foetal position and suck my thumb. lucky there was only 10 sec left in the round but it was a good 40 sec into the next round before i had fully recovered
body shots suck to get hit with. espcially when u dont see it and it lands flush. it dont away fast like a head shot it stays there for a while. me+bodyshots=pain