View Full Version : Sparring!

LetsgetSAVAGE
02-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Well, I have been sparring for the last couple days.......
AND!

Iv been banging then dudes out =]

Iv just thought to myself that I am going to get hit and now it doesnt really bother me all like that. my trainer is impressed. only problem Iv been having is when I slip/bob and weave after I get out the way of the first punch I turn my head and usually get caught coming back up. slipping punches is easy Iv been holding pads for a month+ and I just see the punches coming so I can just slip and counter but I just need to stop turning my head and Il be ok.

thanks guys for the advice!

my first fight is on march 15th
its the NY golden gloves trial

lol Im stoked

Del Coqui
02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
good luck! work on slipping a combo.

Landon S
02-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Say they throw a job lean to the right. If you figure a cross or a hook is coming next you can just duck the next one, after that I usually pop out of range quickly because I have trouble dodging more than two and the duck lets you build up force to get out quickly. Instead of ducking you can also roll but I usually get hit with the third if its not blocked.

Best of luck in ny

g0tcha
02-27-2009, 10:08 AM
good stuff. see what happens when you dont get discouraged and keep at it. keep training and maybe get a vid of your fight up here for us to watch :).

heavy_right
03-01-2009, 08:17 PM
my trainer always tells me not to wait for the receipt, so if you throw a combo, dont stand around and wait for the counter, if you slip a combo dont wait for the stupid jab out or w.e to catch you lol, dont be afraid to move around a bit