View Full Version : How do you get a six pack ?

BOLLOCKS
02-26-2009, 01:24 AM
How ? :theyareon

Zarco
02-26-2009, 02:22 AM
sit ups...

twoohands
02-26-2009, 02:24 AM
more sit ups

dde91
02-26-2009, 02:33 AM
and after........................ more sit ups

BOLLOCKS
02-26-2009, 02:39 AM
How many ???? :D

F l i c k e r
02-26-2009, 02:42 AM
hahaha, not true at all. there are 2 ways to get them.

1. being a skinny guy but your abdomen wont be strong.

2. lower your body fat percentage below 12%. then again, your abdomen may not be strong.

sit ups wont show them, just make them stronger. though, i gave those up for frog kicks from a pull up bar.

mgkirkpatrick
02-26-2009, 10:20 AM
you get your 6 pack in the kitchen not the gym. eat lots of small meals. protein protein protein. carbs in the morning.. no bad fats and no sugar. make sure you're in a calorie defecit and working out. you'll get your pack.

Del Coqui
02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Just go to 7-11 and order it!

J/k

not everybody can get a six pack, Juan Diaz is probably one of the top 5 better shape guys in boxing today and doesn't have one, there are many more. you know what you have to do, are you willing to pay the price?

Super Zab Judah
02-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Just go to 7-11 and order it!

J/k

not everybody can get a six pack, Juan Diaz is probably one of the top 5 better shape guys in boxing today and doesn't have one, there are many more. you know what you have to do, are you willing to pay the price?

No Juan Diaz looks like that because he never runs.

Flab
02-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Lots of sex.

02-26-2009, 11:02 AM
grocery store. I got one andnow is down two 4. This also helps u work on ur biceps...

Home town hero
02-26-2009, 12:00 PM
every one has six pack abs. Its just wether you can see them. If your doing sit ups all day everyday but still have a high body fat % its not going to work. First get running and shed the pounds then do the situps.

Landon S
02-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Develop a strong core, do some bloody research. Then do it. Then get your bodyfat down. There should be a freaking ban on these threads!:purity:

THE REED™
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
everyone who said situps is completely wrong.

MGKIRK is correct.... everyone has abdomin muscles... the reason you dont see them is because there is fat covering them.. and no amount of situps will make them break through fat... you could do 3000 a day, and you wont see your 6 pack if you have fat covering them...

DIET and CARDIO....

SOY-COMO-SOY
02-26-2009, 12:33 PM

MGKIRK is correct.... everyone has abdomin muscles... the reason you dont see them is because there is fat covering them.. and no amount of situps will make them break through fat... you could do 3000 a day, and you wont see your 6 pack if you have fat covering them...

DIET and CARDIO....

cosign. :boxing::boxing:

SOY-COMO-SOY
02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
No Juan Diaz looks like that because he never runs.

Yea i dont understand why he doesn't attempt to get a six pack, cuz wont he weigh less if he has a 6pack

TintaBoricua
02-26-2009, 12:42 PM

DIET and CARDIO....

That's what I heard reading about getting abs somewhere on the net. Abs are noticeable when you have little fat. Sit-ups tighten the stomach, but if you just want a NOTICEABLE six-pack, burn the fat....run, jump rope, etc...cardio, basically.

potatoes
02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
How ? :theyareon

The same way that girl got her big tits.

Squabbles94806
02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Don't get a six pack, a keg lasts longer. *yuk-yuk*

KostyaTszyu44
02-26-2009, 05:07 PM
eat well and run run run

mathed
02-26-2009, 06:09 PM

DIET and CARDIO....

This is exactly right. Even though exercising routinely elevates the heart rate and metabolism just by the act itself, without a cardio aspect to your training you won't ever see those abs. Incorporate running 20 minutes (1-2 miles) before and after your workouts as warm ups and cool downs on top of having a "cardio" day where you go in and run for like 45 minutes to an hr (3-5 miles).

Do whatever you want, but make sure that your heart rate is at your target heart rate for your age and weight (look it up on Google to determine your target heart rate)- this will optimize the loss of fat by keeping your heart at a rate that burns fat (anaerobic activity) versus a higher heart rate that is meant more for cardiovascular development (lungs, heart-aerobic activity)
Keep your heart rate elevated for at least 20 minutes (preferably longer, like an hr) for 3 times per week at least.

Working out at a lower heart rate burns more calories from fat, but of course the overall rate of total calorie loss will be slower than if your heart rate was higher. At a higher heart rate more calories are lost from carbohydrates instead of fat, but the overall rate of total calorie loss is higher.

There is a trade off here, just add cardio in to your workout regime (if you already do, then do more-twice as much) and cut out fatty foods with processed carbs (chips, sodas, white breads) eat more fruits and vegetables.
The easiest way to lose weight is to have a good, lean diet- lots of salads and chicken and fish; yummy!!!

The RealDeal
02-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Theres alot of talk here about cardio and loosing weight but surely you can have Six pack that shows at a big weight, you see some cruiserweights and heavyweights with Six packs.

Landon S
02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
3 pages already? He got all the info he needed, why does it keep going! :purity: Usually people need 15% bf or lower to start seeing the 6 pack. Its possible to see it at 15% or a little more but it depends on the individual. If your abs are huge then theres a better chance at a higher bf% but abs dont have a great ability for hypertrophy like other muscles do. They're kind of like the calves (for most people) and lower back in that regard.

You want abs, build them up, theres tonnes of exercises. Lose the fat by exercise and diet. Done.

:peeright:this thread

KILLA RIGHT
02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
you get your 6 pack in the kitchen not the gym. eat lots of small meals. protein protein protein. carbs in the morning.. no bad fats and no sugar. make sure you're in a calorie defecit and working out. you'll get your pack.

no no no..Why does everyone think protein is important with abs? It's not. Everytime i read a professional site talking about abs they say that's the first mistake people make is thinking it has to do with protein

BOLLOCKS
02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
This is exactly right. Even though exercising routinely elevates the heart rate and metabolism just by the act itself, without a cardio aspect to your training you won't ever see those abs. Incorporate running 20 minutes (1-2 miles) before and after your workouts as warm ups and cool downs on top of having a "cardio" day where you go in and run for like 45 minutes to an hr (3-5 miles).

Do whatever you want, but make sure that your heart rate is at your target heart rate for your age and weight (look it up on Google to determine your target heart rate)- this will optimize the loss of fat by keeping your heart at a rate that burns fat (anaerobic activity) versus a higher heart rate that is meant more for cardiovascular development (lungs, heart-aerobic activity)
Keep your heart rate elevated for at least 20 minutes (preferably longer, like an hr) for 3 times per week at least.

Working out at a lower heart rate burns more calories from fat, but of course the overall rate of total calorie loss will be slower than if your heart rate was higher. At a higher heart rate more calories are lost from carbohydrates instead of fat, but the overall rate of total calorie loss is higher.

There is a trade off here, just add cardio in to your workout regime (if you already do, then do more-twice as much) and cut out fatty foods with processed carbs (chips, sodas, white breads) eat more fruits and vegetables.
The easiest way to lose weight is to have a good, lean diet- lots of salads and chicken and fish; yummy!!!

What ? But I don't drink anything other than soda and coffee, and I almost never eat vegetables. There has to be another way to get a six pack! :purity: :D

elfag
02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
I dont have visible abs, actually never had them. My current fitness goal is to loose some more weight, it would be nice if I can get visible abs but I am looking for atleast a flat stomach, Ive never been obese or anything like that but Ive always had a slight gut.

Anyways, core strength is very good to have for your posture or for just about any sport. So while it takes a low amount of body fat obtained through diet and cardo to see abs, core work is still very beneficial.

Plain situps never seemed to do much for me and I was always straining my neck. I recommend decline situps in the gym, and it also gives you the option of holding a weight plate. Also hanging leg raises, those are awesome and always kick my ass. You dont have to do hundereds of them, I do reps of 15. I cant see my abs but I know my core has gotten much stronger from these exercises cause I can do so much more than when I started. Hopefully if I do loose enough weight then they will be ready lol, if not well atleast I will have better posture and core strength.

Viktor777
02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Weighted sit ups untl you gain enough strength in you'r abdomens. Then do cardio and diet so the fat will burn off.

If you dont do any weighted sit ups or other excersizes and just skip through that and diet/cardio you will have a weak core and will be sad.

punchDrUnK MONK
02-26-2009, 10:36 PM
greatttttttttt thread

gunan help a brother out. thanks

daniels_co
02-27-2009, 01:18 AM
the six pack u get also in the gym and the kitchen, u got to work a lot an eat low fat ****s...:) but most is work. In the kitchen...... u can eat what u want, u can not eat but u never have a 6 pack without work.... u know what i mean by work...

trigger happpy
02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
try this stuff at gnc called cla

alza1988
02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Theres alot of talk here about cardio and loosing weight but surely you can have Six pack that shows at a big weight, you see some cruiserweights and heavyweights with Six packs.

Thats because they build there abs up as well plus the'll keep there diets good and eat the right foods at the right time .Here's a bodybuilding page I found , even tho it's not the way to train for boxing , it just shows you how so many athletes fail to see there abs
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/5_reasons_for_failed_body_transformations

iron_boy
02-28-2009, 01:00 AM
sit ups and alot of core work outs, ive noticed when you do cardio work outs it helps out as well

Verstyle
02-28-2009, 01:20 AM
hahaha, not true at all. there are 2 ways to get them.

1. being a skinny guy but your abdomen wont be strong.

2. lower your body fat percentage below 12%. then again, your abdomen may not be strong.

sit ups wont show them, just make them stronger. though, i gave those up for frog kicks from a pull up bar.

The more you work on them the larger and more protrude they can be. You sir are WRONG.

Del Coqui
03-01-2009, 11:42 AM
The more you work on them the larger and more protrude they can be. You sir are WRONG.

Agreed. Obviously it helps to bring down your body fat doing cardio but saying that doing abs doesn't help is crazy.

mickyward5656
03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
there is three critical steps and you must do them all if you want a good healthy six pac and not a starving persons sixpac.
1) diet
2) cardio
3) sit ups and such

you can do all the sit ups in the world if you eat like **** your not gunna get a six pac.

Don Flamenco
03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Get under 10% body fat. For some people they need to get under 8%. You get your body fat down to that level through working out in the gym, not neccesarily having to target your abs, you will see your six pack.