View Full Version : Worst ever MMA Performance . . .most random fight . . .

dannythefrogs
02-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has watched a fight and thought Jesus what is that guy doing????

For me that performance was;
Pride 2 (March 15th, 1998)
Fight: Royler Gracie vs Yuhi Sano

Fighter: YUHI SANO. . . . . . . . .

Fair play on the guy for not having a clue how to actually fight, or even throw a punch. He must either be pretty stupid or just plain crazy.

Late in the fight the 50 pounds lighter Royler Gracie started to unload punches and kicks from his back and Mr. Sano (who was standing for some of this and kneling for some of this) just took punch after punch, kick after kick and just kept taking them. He leant over and basically put his head in punching and kicking range.
He didn't once try to punch back . . .I couldn't believe what I was seeing! He finally got submitted via arm bar to put him out of his misery.

But to this day I just can't get that fight out of my head. A grown man getting punched and kicked in the head for 5+ minutes and not responding once . . . . .

TOTALLY BIZARRE!

In case anyone decides to watch this fight watch the first 5 minutes and then the last 5 minutes, skip the rest else you will risk falling asleep. The fact that neither fighter threw any punches for about 20 minutes makes this fight even more wierd. Ok Gracie wanted to tire his man out but still.

Fight: Royler Gracie vs Yuhi Sano = VERY RANDOM!

Brian13
02-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Tom Egan against John Hathaway and I'm Irish and saying that.

Spare Moody
02-24-2009, 04:04 PM
i'd probably site anytime Jo Son made an appearance...

Virgil Caine
02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has watched a fight and thought Jesus what is that guy doing????

For me that performance was;
Pride 2 (March 15th, 1998)
Fight: Royler Gracie vs Yuhi Sano

Fighter: YUHI SANO. . . . . . . . .

Fair play on the guy for not having a clue how to actually fight, or even throw a punch. He must either be pretty stupid or just plain crazy.

Late in the fight the 50 pounds lighter Royler Gracie started to unload punches and kicks from his back and Mr. Sano (who was standing for some of this and kneling for some of this) just took punch after punch, kick after kick and just kept taking them. He leant over and basically put his head in punching and kicking range.
He didn't once try to punch back . . .I couldn't believe what I was seeing! He finally got submitted via arm bar to put him out of his misery.

But to this day I just can't get that fight out of my head. A grown man getting punched and kicked in the head for 5+ minutes and not responding once . . . . .

TOTALLY BIZARRE!

In case anyone decides to watch this fight watch the first 5 minutes and then the last 5 minutes, skip the rest else you will risk falling asleep. The fact that neither fighter threw any punches for about 20 minutes makes this fight even more wierd. Ok Gracie wanted to tire his man out but still.

Fight: Royler Gracie vs Yuhi Sano = VERY RANDOM!
Not sure who the Yuhi Sano guy is, but the Pride guys do have a history of throwing in pro wrestlers who have absolutely no experience or ability what so ever.

jakkups
02-24-2009, 05:07 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/22wYrVmj4Tk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/22wYrVmj4Tk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

American_Ninja
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/22wYrVmj4Tk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
3 minutes and 1 kick attempted, I couldn't watch the whole thing. :ugh1:

AztecWanker
02-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Koji Oishi vs. Nick Diaz = Koji puts on a truly brilliant defensive performance.

JabSandwich
02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry in Montreal