View Full Version : muscle gaining?

Rnizio1
02-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Is there any way of gaining muscle doing boxing exercises rather then going to the gym?

bbos
02-23-2009, 08:48 PM
not really, most people who box drop down in weight.

Trrmo
02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Is there any way of gaining muscle doing boxing exercises rather then going to the gym?

Yes it is possible when you first start especially, but to build muscle you need to be in calorie surplus (eat more than you burn).
Most people will burn fat though when they start so will see more muscle definition even though they have not put on significant amounts of muscle. If you want to seriously bulk weight tho training is the go.

F l i c k e r
02-24-2009, 02:47 AM

Boxing exercises consist of alot of cardio and cardio tears away muscle. So, I would say go for the weights but lift properly. Dont look for building big muscle but instead, making functional muscle. Just buy weights, dumbells, barbells and when your home lift 1-3 times a week(every other day) with a extra rest(suggest saturday or sunday). Or you can lift water, chop wood, lift rocks, move rocks in a wheel barrel, farm, garden. Old fashion exercises.

I suggest low reps and low sets. Max amount of reps I do is twelve, 3 sets max. Also, pullups, do them. Most of the punching power comes from the back, starts at the legs then moves accross the back. Strong back, strong punch.

You will hit a plateau, it happens to everyone. Just make slight changes to your routine. More reps with lesser weight, less reps with slightly more weight. Target more muscle groups with one exercise, etc.

Its what I do. So thats all the advice I have, until I find out more methods.