View Full Version : How many days a week do you go to the gym?

pigdestroyer
02-19-2009, 08:19 PM
How many times a week do you all go to the gym? Do any of you take a day off when you're too sore?

I'm hella sore/ate some bad beans. Wondering if I should just tough it out and go..

Kayo
02-19-2009, 08:25 PM
I go to train 4-5 days a week and lift 3 days a week. I'l take time off if i feel im overtraining

Burning Desire
02-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't really need to go to the gym much because i've got a barbell, bench, crosstrainer, dumbbells, ETC. Mostly all the things i need but i do heavy weights 3 times a week. And i cardio/ab workouts 2 or 3 times a week depending on how im feeling, but i've dropped the cardio at the moment because im bulking up.

Landon S
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I can only go twice a week currently, but I spar every time Im there. I train 6 days a week twice a day (3 times if you count 5 rounds of shadowboxing before breakfast), its just not all at the boxing gym. Theres 2 days I lift weights on top of that.

Hagler★
02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I train 5 days a week spar everyday i train

RightHooker
02-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Normally 5 (monday-friday). When we have fights coming up we usually come in sunday too.

bbos
02-20-2009, 03:49 AM
sparring 5 times a week, swim 3 days week, conditioning everyday.

Trrmo
02-21-2009, 09:41 AM
I train 3-4 times a week at boxing gym 1-1.5 hrs high intensity, weights twice a week - full body mostly high weight low reps. Sparring hardly ever because I havenīt got enough sparring partners, but this should improve soon hopefully. Running a couple of times a week, if I have a fight I will run 4 or 5 days a week, cut the weights out and train 4-5 days at boxing gym

TintaBoricua
02-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Don't actually go to a gym, but I do bicep curls, tricep extensions, push-ups, crunches at home for around half an hour, then go out jogging for 20-30 minutes around 3-4 times a week. (One day exercise, one day don't, etc)

CMaines
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
I go to the gym 3 days a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for about 2 hours. I try and get in the ring at least one of the 3 days and do some sparring. On my off days I go running for about an hour to work on my conditioning. But I found that giving your body a break to recover is sometimes just as important as working out and training. So If I ever just feel like **** at the gym, I really tone down my work out. But hey, I***8217;ve only been at this for about 2 months, so I***8217;d imagine that the tired feeling will soon be a thing of the past for the most part.

newnew816
02-23-2009, 08:45 PM
That is one cool projection clock!

This clock projects the time, date, or temp on the wall or ceiling http://www.liangdianup.com/clocks_1.htm some people call
it a ceiling clock but I call it a digital projection clock. I got the black one because at the time that was the only color
they had. But now they have them in black and also in white.

selk
02-25-2009, 11:14 AM
i go 6days a week.. train 2-4hours depending on shedcule im still in college and i also work as a programmer making hacks for some onlines games sometimes its very hard to stay focus. Now my grades are suffering since i started training a month ago i missed some exams.

Burning Desire
02-25-2009, 11:24 AM
i go 6days a week.. train 2-4hours depending on shedcule im still in college and i also work as a programmer making hacks for some onlines games sometimes its very hard to stay focus. Now my grades are suffering since i started training a month ago i missed some exams.

What type of training do you do ? 6 days a week for 2 or 4 hours, is extreme for weight lifting and way too much. And even for cardio thats a bit extreme aswell, are you training for the marathon LOL ? not being nasty bro just curious what type of training you do.

selk
02-25-2009, 12:15 PM
bike 10mins
stretching 10mins
jogging 20mins
some exercise drills (i dont know they are called) usually around 20mins
skipping rope 3rds 3mins
movement inside ring side to side and circles 3rds 3mins
in and out 3rds 3mins
shadowbox 3rds 3mins
punch mits 4rds 3mins
heavy bag/sand bag 3rds 3mins
a slim heavy bag 3rds 3mins
speed ball 3rds 3mins
double end high 3rds 3mins
double end low 3rds 3mins
3 kinds of push ups 12x3 each
4 kinds of situps 20x3 each
pulls ups 10x2

sparring is 2-3times a there is fixed days for it like mon-wed-fri sometomes there is sparring everyday for me because if someone wants to sparr with me i never say no unless if im very2x tired.

its ends in 4hours if im sparring since me and my trainer sparr 3-4 rounds 3mins on average then the boxers will sparr with me 1-2 rounds usually i end up having 6-8 rounds a day sometimes just 2 or 3 when its not my sparring day i also take break and drink when my body cannot take it anymore. That is when goes 4hours usually just 2-3 minumum is 2.

Rnizio1
02-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I try to go 5 times a week(mon-fri) and I train different muscle groups per day. Biceps and monday, legs on tuesday, tricep and back wednesday, legs on thursday and friday I do a traps and biceps. Friday isn't an intense workout though. But the more you go the more you must eat and the more you must rest. Saturday and sunday I tend to eat alot(nothing fatty) and rest/relax a lot. Or depending on the occasion I party.

Rnizio1
02-25-2009, 09:01 PM
As for how long I stay on a single session would range from 1 hour to 2 hours.

mathed
02-25-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't box for a living, so there are no fights to train for. However, we all know that we should train for the game of life (cause if you don't, you get f'd up consequences..heart attacks, diabetes, and a beer gut that'll make your poor back cry the blues)

Anyways, I lift weights 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)-biceps/triceps, chest/back, and shoulders/legs; about 1.5 hrs per session. I warm-up with 10 one minute rds of jumproping, resting 40 seconds between rds. I jog 3 miles and do stomach on Tuesday, Thursday, and most Saturdays; I live in a mountainous area so I jog the town in a certain loop on Tuesday (mostly uphill all the way and your lungs burn when it's cold), Thursdays I alternate the direction to get some variation. I change the order of my lifting routines every month so my muscles don't acclimate as much and I shadowbox after working out for 5 one minute rds to cool down.
I think I do it as much for the endorphin buzz as the health benefits, lol

Banderivets
02-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Recenly I signed up for YMCA, mainly to play basketball but I hit the weights and machines just as much now...

I was there for 4 hours today, I feel wrecked right now...Played ball for 3 hours, full court 5s, half court 3s and half court 2s...

Hit the machines for the rest of it...leg press, chest, deltoid...all the machines...

Mostly low reps max weight...except the leg press.....the leg press only goes up to 405lb...so I do reps of 30, 3 to 4 times.

For the weights I just do bicep curls and bench press...

I havent used the bench since this summer, and even then I was only putting up 180 cause thats all my friend had in weight...So nothing impressive on the bench yet...I put up 205 sets 6 times, 3 or 4 sets and then finish with 225 for 3 reps...

In the last 2 weeks I average 4x a week, 3 hours each time I go.

alza1988
02-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I bought Rosstraining full throttle conditioning , I just use that and train for intensity .

Marlin26
02-26-2009, 01:46 AM
there are no boxing gyms where i live :( but there is a boxing club and i do my best to use what they have there. But i go to a regular gym for lifting 3 times a week

Monday: upperbody
Wensday: Core (abs/lower back)
Friday: Legs

Lovely
02-26-2009, 04:09 AM
5 days a week. sometimes six. sometimes seven. sparring every night.
usually goes
skip, shadowbox, spar, bags. i have to start doing pushups weights chinups and situps again. 2 hours during the week, 3-4 on friday, 4 if i hit saturday, 2 on sundays if i hit. run every morning. run some nights.

msagrain
02-26-2009, 08:24 AM
4-5 times a week but don't run as much as I sould.

moneymayforever
06-13-2012, 05:58 AM
just had to bring this thread back up again. this is a good one.

i'm an amateur fighter and i usually go 3-6 days, this week i'm hitting the gym 4 times along with 5 days of roadwork. do you think i should be doing more training?

i just got back to work last week wednesday, so i don't want to overtrain; i want to gradually work myself up to my regular 5-6 days/week training regimen. almost all of my muscles are sore right now (even the muscles in my palm where the thumb is connected)

Juof
06-13-2012, 06:22 AM
If I have a fight coming up I'll do mon-fri and run everyday with sprints usually on weekends but if I'm not fighting usually just 3 times a week

moneymayforever
06-13-2012, 06:36 AM
If I have a fight coming up I'll do mon-fri and run everyday with sprints usually on weekends but if I'm not fighting usually just 3 times a week

would roadwork + gymwork 6 times/week be too much? Of course if I have a fight i'll train as much as 5-6 times a week, but if not i'd still follow my prep fight training regimen. would this be too much if i'm not training for a fight?

Juof
06-13-2012, 10:03 AM
would roadwork + gymwork 6 times/week be too much? Of course if I have a fight i'll train as much as 5-6 times a week, but if not i'd still follow my prep fight training regimen. would this be too much if i'm not training for a fight?

I used to train all the time fight or not but I get injuries pretty easy so iv held back abit, I haven't been as committed as some of my gym mates recently and have payed for it in sparring and falling behind in the circuit work so if you don't get injured and Are serious about it then I'd stay in shape but just don't go as intense. Don't use it as an excuse not to train though some of the new guys that go all the time have improved a lot faster than guys that go say once or twice a week.

Alx.
06-13-2012, 06:58 PM
2-3 days a week depending on my work schedule

Japanese Boxing
06-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Depends, I started going Tues-Fri for 3-4 hours. After a while I stopped caring as much because I can get my basic conditioning in the gym done in about 2. Now I'm struggling to even care about going as much because nobody is there to spar with me.

moneymayforever
06-13-2012, 07:29 PM
yeah after i get my stamina back im goin' 5+ haha

Vitez
06-14-2012, 01:05 PM
4 times/week heavy bag for 60min with skipping, shadow and a few kettlebell swings.
1 time/week I run 5km