View Full Version : Jaw pain

Hagler★
02-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I got caught last week with a hook and my jaw has been tight ever since. I got hit today and the pain actual made me stop for a second or two but I dont want to tell my trainer i need a break.
I train 5 days a week so I only get weekends off is there anything i can do to loosen it up?
When i bite down there is a dull pain but its not a stopping pain like i could (will) spar tomorrow.

THE REED™
02-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Try chewing gum to loosen it up.... doesnt sound like you broke it.. i think youd know.... good time to practice that defense and counterpunching!

Hagler★
02-18-2009, 05:48 PM
lol Im trying but the guy is ranked 5th in the country and has a competition coming up on March 19th so he is going hard. Im just working on being first and keeping him back with the jab, simple if he dont hit me my jaw wont hurt but its easier said than done

jowiesicario
02-18-2009, 05:56 PM
that hapenn to me too...somtimes i cant closed my mouth lol but it goes away by itself,just keep ur mouth closed and tigh in the fight tand hands up always,defense,

Hagler★
02-19-2009, 07:31 PM
they gave me time off til monday i hope everything has cleared up

yeykax
02-19-2009, 08:02 PM
I got caught last week with a hook and my jaw has been tight ever since. I got hit today and the pain actual made me stop for a second or two but I dont want to tell my trainer i need a break.
I train 5 days a week so I only get weekends off is there anything i can do to loosen it up?
When i bite down there is a dull pain but its not a stopping pain like i could (will) spar tomorrow.

It happen to me a couple of years ago when i was locked up and Gary Bell (see Bell vs Tua) used to my sparring partner and in one session he hit me real hard in the jaw that i could not even open for like 3 days and the pain lasted for like around a month.My coach advise me to chill out and let it heal and every day when you wake up open and close it because since youre asleep you dont use your jaw muscle you have to losen up the muscle.do that for about a month and it will go away and make sure you dnt get hit in the jaw during that time.dont be embarass tell your choach!!!

Landon S
02-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Not much you can do. It happened to me once before (no mouthpiece and my mouth was open :pat: ) I chewed gum to keep it loose. I also chewed my food on that side, it hurt but it felt like it was lining everything back up...

KostyaTszyu44
02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
ive had that once or twice, the guy i do alot of sparring with throws some nice uppercuts, they arent that fast but they are accurate and hard to avoid up close (hes like 15 kg heavier than me) i ate 3 of them up close, real sharp explosive shots into my jaw lol, my jaw hurt a bit for like a day, was fine after then...but yeah i dont ever carry injury or pain after i spar, i think im pretty durable...i mean ive eaten a lot of shots in sparring before, mostly from bigger guys, and ive never been dropped or buzzed badly or anything...