View Full Version : 2 times a week, RUN How mUCH?!

jessesmit
02-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Holla,

I go to the gym, 2 times a week, sometimes 3 times, and I want to cut weight, Im 1.78 and 71 KG . I can run for like... 2 Miles at a 8.8 Mph pace but after that I need to slow down to like 5Mph for a minute to get the groove back again.
How much should I run?! I could go slow for like 30 minutes, but you could also devide some shorter but faster runs for more interval like training... Maybe anyone got a work-out for the threadmill/bike/something , something for cardio, also to improve my lung-capacity, I got astma,

dde91
02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Holla,

I go to the gym, 2 times a week, sometimes 3 times, and I want to cut weight, Im 1.78 and 71 KG . I can run for like... 2 Miles at a 8.8 Mph pace but after that I need to slow down to like 5Mph for a minute to get the groove back again.
How much should I run?! I could go slow for like 30 minutes, but you could also devide some shorter but faster runs for more interval like training... Maybe anyone got a work-out for the threadmill/bike/something , something for cardio, also to improve my lung-capacity, I got astma,

A personal trainer had me cut weight really good with a treadmil drill. You jog for a couple of minutes light, just to get warmed up. Then you turn the speed to a regular jog for one minute. then when that minute is up, you turn the speed up 5-8 notches on the treadmill for one whole minute. Then when that minute is up, you go back to a steady jog. then After that minute , go faster for another minute. I say do it 5-7 times each. Then when you think your done, light jog for a couple minutes after. I did this

jessesmit
02-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks! Notches. Like from 5.5 to 6? or form 5 to 10 right?:D

g0tcha
02-18-2009, 02:40 PM
i alway felt that HIIT Running was more for conditioning purpose as apposed to cutting weight. its a lot more hard work imo cutting like that but beneficial because you gain better conditioning while cutting. I would probably do both HIIT running and maybe 2 times a week long distance running at around 6.5-8 speed for 5+ miles. whatever the highest speed you can maintain without having to push hard. maintain heart rate at around 160-170 during that run. again its about what works for you. also if you do the long distance style dress heavy to sweat out a lot more. sweat suit or layers.

dde91
02-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks! Notches. Like from 5.5 to 6? or form 5 to 10 right?:D

ya.. or a 4.5 to a 6.0.. make it not to much of a change, but a good amount so that it is faster.