View Full Version : best energy supplement?

nirojsri
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
what's the best energy supplement you ever took? possibly pills or formula. Energy drinks are too expensive for me. I'd prefer non caffienne.
I need it because when I train I start gettting tired and sluggish after an hour and I want to get the most out of my training.

Bendigo
02-16-2009, 09:54 PM
It's called better conditioning.

nystate0fm1nd
02-16-2009, 10:37 PM
It's called better conditioning.

lol word. guess what, real boxers don't use that kinda **** because they aren't allowed to in the ring. plus, you get dependent on that **** and after a while it stops working. it also speeds up your heart rate a lot, which is something you don't really need to do anymore than you already will when boxing.

i suggest you put in some road work and you wont get so tired all the time.

RightHooker
02-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Eat properly and improve conditioning.

Danny Gunz
02-17-2009, 01:06 AM
A good energy supplement is stuff like NO xplode, NO black powder, and a bunch of others they have a lot of them at places like gnc but be ready to pay at least 40 dollars for them. I used to use NO black powder it worked really well but you have to cycle it like 3-4 weeks on and 3-4weeks off

And dont listen to all the people saying real boxers dont take supplements, we arent talking about steroids, really its foolish to not take some supplements they can only help you if you take them right. And to think pro boxers dont take any you have to be an idiot

nirojsri
02-17-2009, 09:06 AM
thanks for the suggestion. I have alright conditioning but it's hard to keep the energy up when your training 3-6 hours a day. I don't get much time to eat either so energy supplements would help alot.

Trrmo
02-17-2009, 09:21 AM
A banana, or wait a minute thats fruit.

If only it was made in capsule form and called xplode xxx or something.

elfag
02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
My roommate had an NO supplement that I tried once or twice preworkout and it did help, I was lifting heavier and had more energy, I was thinking this stuff is great it really works then I looked at it more closely and noticed they had a lot of caffeine in it as well. If it worked good enough on its own why would they have to add caffeine in it? How do I know how much of the effects were from the caffeine and if any at all were from the nitrogen? Needless to say I didnt buy any.

them_apples
02-17-2009, 01:21 PM
lol word. guess what, real boxers don't use that kinda **** because they aren't allowed to in the ring. plus, you get dependent on that **** and after a while it stops working. it also speeds up your heart rate a lot, which is something you don't really need to do anymore than you already will when boxing.

i suggest you put in some road work and you wont get so tired all the time.

they are allowed, most boxers today use suppliments to increase recovery rate, and some take pre workout mixes such as no. xplode.

I have heard NaNo vapour is one of the best, but tastes like crap. I liked N.O xplode, but its expensive and the effects wore off after about 2 weeks of use. although you will always get a little buzz from it.

them_apples
02-17-2009, 01:22 PM
My roommate had an NO supplement that I tried once or twice preworkout and it did help, I was lifting heavier and had more energy, I was thinking this stuff is great it really works then I looked at it more closely and noticed they had a lot of caffeine in it as well. If it worked good enough on its own why would they have to add caffeine in it? How do I know how much of the effects were from the caffeine and if any at all were from the nitrogen? Needless to say I didnt buy any.

the Caffien thing is overated, it has 1-2 cup of coffee's worth at best, much less than an energy drink or even strong coffee. Drinking coffee before a workout won't pump up your arms lol.

Danny Gunz
02-17-2009, 04:50 PM
I dont understand why people are so against supplements, its not like its steroids or hgh they are made to help you which they do and the pros outweigh the cons by alot.

And the caffeine is just part of the formula, it gets you going but the other stuff is what gets you pumped. Its not an essential thing to have but it definetly helps especially if you dont have the time

Trrmo
02-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I dont understand why people are so against supplements, its not like its steroids or hgh they are made to help you which they do and the pros outweigh the cons by alot.

And the caffeine is just part of the formula, it gets you going but the other stuff is what gets you pumped. Its not an essential thing to have but it definetly helps especially if you dont have the time

I donīt have anything against some supplements but most of the benefits can be obtained from food naturally at a much lower cost. Alot of it is just marketing hype to sell more products, especially used in bodybuilding. For example to bodybuild you can get enough protein from meat, fish and eggs etc. You can get vitamins from a variety of food sources. But it can be more convenient to use protein powder if you dont have time or have any other protein source around. You can take a multivitamin to make sure you are getting enough. Creatine can also help with workouts and increase muscle size. But you definitely donīt need to take them.

Then the marketing companies greatly exaggerate the amount of protein and supplements you need, on the bodybuilding.com site the protein calculators are completely wrong and deliberately exaggerated.

Regarding the cost of these products for an energy boost, I think they are a waste of money if you consider a couple of bananas is enough for an intense workout.

Trrmo
02-17-2009, 09:08 PM
thanks for the suggestion. I have alright conditioning but it's hard to keep the energy up when your training 3-6 hours a day. I don't get much time to eat either so energy supplements would help alot.

By the way why are you training up to 6 hours a day? are you a pro training for a title fight? if not it sounds way too much for amateur boxing. Eating regularly and rest are just as important as training if you are not doing this properly while training 3-6hrs a day then it makes sense you wonīt have much energy!

alankluger
12-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Went to an all night party and friends were passing around a euphoric enhancer to help us stay in the mood and party all night into the wee hours of the morning. And that it did! I tried other mood enhancers but they were not very effective. Trip2night(narcomundo.com/legal-drugs/herbal-ecstasy/trip2night/) is a great euphoric enhancer and worked wonders for me. It comes in a powdered form and mixes easily.

narcomundo.com/legal-drugs/herbal-ecstasy/trip2night/

MidnightSpecial
12-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Went to an all night party and friends were passing around a euphoric enhancer to help us stay in the mood and party all night into the wee hours of the morning. And that it did! I tried other mood enhancers but they were not very effective. Trip2night(narcomundo.com/legal-drugs/herbal-ecstasy/trip2night/) is a great euphoric enhancer and worked wonders for me. It comes in a powdered form and mixes easily.

narcomundo.com/legal-drugs/herbal-ecstasy/trip2night/

reported for advertising.

Amazinger
12-19-2009, 12:02 PM
what's the best energy supplement you ever took? possibly pills or formula. Energy drinks are too expensive for me. I'd prefer non caffienne.
I need it because when I train I start gettting tired and sluggish after an hour and I want to get the most out of my training.

1)What are you training for?
2) What do you want to achieve.
3) What's your budget and can you sustain it?.

Chip2006uk
12-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Dont know much about energy supplements but my advice would be to eat a lot of slow release carbs like pasta a couple of hours before training for a nice steady stream of energy and eat a nutella and bread sandwich about 20 minutes before training for a quick energy boost to start yourself off

shogunn
12-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I drink a half bottle of 5 hour energy before my workouts just to get me started, then the rest is natural.

My friend gave me some NO Xplode a few times, it worked the same for me.