View Full Version : has naybody ever had a headache the day after taking a good shot

DJ QUIK
02-14-2009, 08:17 AM
i wonder if anyone has had a headache or ringing only a day after a good shot but it go away. and how do you learn how to take good shots?

Trrmo
02-14-2009, 09:18 AM
i wonder if anyone has had a headache or ringing only a day after a good shot but it go away. and how do you learn how to take good shots?

Yes after the last bout for several days, gone away now. I think you come accostumed to taking shots with sparring and fighting. In a fight it is important not to try and move around too much after a big shot because your knees might not be there if you know what I mean. try and grapple as much as it is permitted until you come back to normal. If you are knocked down donīt get up straight away, by about five up on one knee and then by latest 8 stand up. If you get up too soon you might stumbled or fall again.
I used to get a weird feeling of deja vu, like I had been in the same situation in the past after taking a hard shot. Also try not to show on your face that you are affected by a shot, that gives the opponent a green flag, try and keep a blank expression like you are emotionless that can out psych an opponent.

Zhaakal
02-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Yea man, once my head hurt for like a whole week. That was realy crazy. But yeah, if you get cought with a good shot you will probably feel it for a day or two.

JoHnNyBoXeR
02-14-2009, 03:53 PM
yea it happened over the summer when i got my ass whooped in sparring.. i took alot of right hands... but it hasnt happened in a while.. i dont know if u can learn to take a shot.. i think its either u can or u cant

WestsideBallaz
02-14-2009, 04:59 PM
nah not the day after

occasionally i get a slight headache after sparring if i take more power shots than i usually do........probably nothing to worry about

Chex31
02-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Yea, lasted 3 days, that was fun

got caught with 2 good shots....gotta train more

rottenapple
02-15-2009, 04:10 AM
ofcorse....

bbos
02-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I been caught with flush right hands and get stunned by it for a second or two, never had a head ache, you have a weak chin perhaps?

DA1CATAS
02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Yea.. after sparring with a pro... it went away in a day or 2... you'll be fine.

potatoes
02-16-2009, 03:21 PM

If you get in the habit of taking "good shots" you can expect to get headaches, concussions, broken noses, black eyes and numerous other injuries. Boxing is not a contest to see who can take the most abuse. You win by hitting and not getting hit. Improve your defense and you won't have to "learn how to take good shots," if indeed it is possible to learn that.

Rockin'
02-16-2009, 04:05 PM
If you get in the habit of taking "good shots" you can expect to get headaches, concussions, broken noses, black eyes and numerous other injuries. Boxing is not a contest to see who can take the most abuse. You win by hitting and not getting hit. Improve your defense and you won't have to "learn how to take good shots," if indeed it is possible to learn that.

you could have the best defense in the world and you will still have to "learn" to be able to handle taking good shots in this game. Youll come out of bouts where you handle the guy almost perfectly and your still coming out with lumps on your head, welts on the face and blood in your mouth...........Rockin':boxing:

DJ QUIK
02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
you could have the best defense in the world and you will still have to "learn" to be able to handle taking good shots in this game. Youll come out of bouts where you handle the guy almost perfectly and your still coming out with lumps on your head, welts on the face and blood in your mouth...........Rockin':boxing::headbang:

exactly

DJ QUIK
02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
I been caught with flush right hands and get stunned by it for a second or two, never had a head ache, you have a weak chin perhaps?

maybe because your not sparring with any big punchers you ****** :lol1: i spar with heavyweights man. i read in a thread you fight against dude that weigh in the mid hundreds man. i only fight 200 and up :lol1:

potatoes
02-17-2009, 10:32 PM
you could have the best defense in the world and you will still have to "learn" to be able to handle taking good shots in this game. Youll come out of bouts where you handle the guy almost perfectly and your still coming out with lumps on your head, welts on the face and blood in your mouth...........Rockin':boxing:

The only course of training there is for "taking good shots" amounts to nothing more than a lot of macho-babble, most of which is done by keyboard warriors. In the real world good defense limits the number of solid hits which you will have to endure. Boxing being what it is, you can expect to take lots of half-hits, but they don't do much damage. In that case the number of "lumps on your head" will be conditioned by the innate toughness of your skin.

Did you see Kessler lay a beating on Librado Andrade? Andrade blocked punches with his head all night yet didn't have a bruise nor a scar. Incredible! That amount abuse would have killed the average man. Nevertheless, there is no possible way to "learn" what Andrade did to absorb that much punishment. It is in his genes. If he learned to move his head, he wouldn't get hit so often.

Marlin26
02-18-2009, 01:13 AM
i got hit so hard once that my knees totally gave out and i began to fall and i was about to hit the canvas when my legs suddenly kicked back in and i was able to hold myself up, my opponent charged in and instead of giving him that "**** that hurt" kinda look you instinctivly wanna give, i gave him a "come dance with me mother****er" kinda look and he stopped and took a step back.

It's all about your expression man, if i had given him even the slightest hint of being hurt he would have charged in and finished me fast.

bbos
02-18-2009, 03:07 AM
maybe because your not sparring with any big punchers you ****** :lol1: i spar with heavyweights man. i read in a thread you fight against dude that weigh in the mid hundreds man. i only fight 200 and up :lol1:

hey all I know is i never been knocked out, not even from round houses to the head,

DJ QUIK
02-19-2009, 07:48 AM
hey all I know is i never been knocked out, not even from round houses to the head,

i saw your other threads and believe me the damage is done upstairs :lol1:

DJ QUIK JR.
05-02-2009, 09:49 PM
im pretty sure the headgear i was using when i made this was too tight causing a lack of blood circulation causing the headaches and we were sparring in 12 oz gloves smh