View Full Version : Is this a legitimate website for a Brain-Pad Mouthpiece?

Spacey1991
02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Basically I started Boxing some weeks ago, and I found out we can spar aslong as we bring our own mouthpiece... and I remember seeing on a thread in this forum some weeks before I even started that Brain-Pads are the best one, and we saw this website showing UK prices (I am from the UK);

http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/brain-pad-lopro-mouth-guard.html

The price is okay I am not bothered about that but I want to know if you think it is a legitimate site to buy it from, I don't want to be ripped off.

So two questions are;

1. Do you think the website is legitimate enough to buy one from?

2. Are Brain-Pads really probably the best mouthpiece I could get as I read on the other forums?

I looked in town and saw the Shock Doctor ones but didn't see the Brain-Pad as I believe it is an American product, but I figured if I can get a better one that claims to be the same price then I should go with the better one.

Any help will be extremely appreciated and I will give you all green karma for the help... thanks in advance. :)

Super Zab Judah
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Yes that website is legit. I ordered all my **** from there. Its the only place ya can really get any good boxing stuff from in the UK.

Spacey1991
02-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes that website is legit. I ordered all my **** from there. Its the only place ya can really get any good boxing stuff from in the UK.

Thanks very much buddy, very appreciated... you see I go with a friend and he linked me to this website, and I just wanted to be extra cautious... I am only 17 and I didn't want to be stupid and waste some money I have saved up to last me a bit on getting ripped off.

The site looked legit but I believe that looking and being are two different things so I thought I would ask. Yeah you can't really get great equipment in the UK I agree... well thanks for the info mate, green karma for you!

By the way do you recommend the Brain-Pad?

Super Zab Judah
02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks very much buddy, very appreciated... you see I go with a friend and he linked me to this website, and I just wanted to be extra cautious... I am only 17 and I didn't want to be stupid and waste some money I have saved up to last me a bit on getting ripped off.

The site looked legit but I believe that looking and being are two different things so I thought I would ask. Yeah you can't really get great equipment in the UK I agree... well thanks for the info mate, green karma for you!

By the way do you recommend the Brain-Pad?

Never used it. I just use that shock doctor mouthguard. Its about 4 quid and you mould it to your teeth to fit your mouth. Its pretty good for the value and I haven't lost any teeth yet lol. Its up to you though mate.

Spacey1991
02-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Never used it. I just use that shock doctor mouthguard. Its about 4 quid and you mould it to your teeth to fit your mouth. Its pretty good for the value and I haven't lost any teeth yet lol. Its up to you though mate.

I was considering the Shock Doctor... and saw it down town today it looks good, and yeah that would be good for comfort. But I read on another forum that Brain-Pad is better so I thought I would get that, plus I have had work done on both my top and bottom set of teeth (braces) so I would prefer something that could protect both layers... I mean my teeth aren't perfect but they are A LOT better than they were and I don't want to have to have them again because I might have to pay second time around... so I thought a top and bottom protection would benefit for me anyway.

I guess it would all be down to your personal opinion and preferences. Thanks again anyway mate!

Luke.l.08
02-14-2009, 06:39 AM
sugarrays is the best UK boxing website, i get all my stuff from there and never have problems, i've got a shock doctor mouhtpiece and thats aight! I've been told that brain-pad isnt that much different! you should check out the boxfituk website aswell.

Spacey1991
02-14-2009, 08:10 AM
sugarrays is the best UK boxing website, i get all my stuff from there and never have problems, i've got a shock doctor mouhtpiece and thats aight! I've been told that brain-pad isnt that much different! you should check out the boxfituk website aswell.

Oh okay cheers, would you say the Shock Doctor is good? I am mixed between that and Brain-Pad and have heard more advantages on Shock Doctor than Brain Pad?

Would you recommend it?

Luke.l.08
02-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Oh okay cheers, would you say the Shock Doctor is good? I am mixed between that and Brain-Pad and have heard more advantages on Shock Doctor than Brain Pad?

Would you recommend it?
yeh, id say its perfect! 8 out of 10 people at my gym have the same shock doctor mouthpiece lol. you can pick them up at jjb or sports direct for about 5 - 7 pound, I'd definitley reccomend it but to be honest its the only mouthpiece ive ever had so i cant really compare it to others

Spacey1991
02-14-2009, 08:53 AM
yeh, id say its perfect! 8 out of 10 people at my gym have the same shock doctor mouthpiece lol. you can pick them up at jjb or sports direct for about 5 - 7 pound, I'd definitley reccomend it but to be honest its the only mouthpiece ive ever had so i cant really compare it to others

Yeah, well in my opinion better safe than sorry I don't wanna waste my cash on a Brain-Pad... on my thread 5 people said Double Brain-Pad and 2 said single Shock Doctor but from other sources and websites I have heard loads of advantages on Shock Doctor and disadvantages on Brain-Pad... and as people say Brain-Pad sucks and some may say it is descent I hear loads of people say they use Shock Doctor and it works really well... so I don't think I can go wrong with a nice and Simple Shock Doctor.

You wouldn't need too much protection on your bottom teeth while wearing head guard anyway I guess... thanks for the information buddy, green karma for you! :)

I saw them in JJB Sports and Sports Direct for 10... so I think I will get that. :)

Luke.l.08
02-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, well in my opinion better safe than sorry I don't wanna waste my cash on a Brain-Pad... on my thread 5 people said Double Brain-Pad and 2 said single Shock Doctor but from other sources and websites I have heard loads of advantages on Shock Doctor and disadvantages on Brain-Pad... and as people say Brain-Pad sucks and some may say it is descent I hear loads of people say they use Shock Doctor and it works really well... so I don't think I can go wrong with a nice and Simple Shock Doctor.

You wouldn't need too much protection on your bottom teeth while wearing head guard anyway I guess... thanks for the information buddy, green karma for you! :)

I saw them in JJB Sports and Sports Direct for 10... so I think I will get that. :)
no problemo, green k back!

Pork Chop
02-16-2009, 03:50 PM
not a fan of the brain pad (specifically the double).
Too big, too bulky, and too hard.
had to cut off the last centimeter from each side because it was cutting my mouth.
Made it almost impossible to breathe.
Got KOed wearing one so no it doesn't prevent KOs.
Also got my jaw injured wearing one because of the terrible fit - caught an uppercut on the jaw and d@mn near dislocated it because I couldn't clench my teeth down and brace my jaw.

Shock Drs are golden.
I recommend the softer ones - like the gel one.
the softer it is, the more comfortable, the less it'll distract you, and the more flexion/give it'll have if you get hit.
recommend a single not the double- i've never found a need for a double mouthpiece, they've never helped me.