View Full Version : which 3 exercises would you choose, if you were training for a fight?

boxingsmash69
02-12-2009, 04:49 AM
which 3 exercises would you choose, if you were training for a fight? (sparring is included for all choices)

PunchDrunk
02-12-2009, 07:47 AM
All of the above, obviously...

leff
02-12-2009, 07:49 AM
where is sparring?

that has to be the most important one

12th Round KO
02-12-2009, 08:01 AM
which 3 exercises would you choose, if you were training for a fight? (sparring is included for all choices)

where is sparring?

i chose running, mitts, heavybag

Domey
02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
I would do them all but lay off the weights. I've never lifted any weights in my entire career.

Landon S
02-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I chose jump rope, mitts and heavybag...whats the point of this?

Squabbles94806
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
where is sparring?

Word.

You can look pretty doing all those things, but if you can't apply it to your sparring what's the point? Sparring is a like a scrimage.

Chr0nic
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Word.

You can look pretty doing all those things, but if you can't apply it to your sparring what's the point? Sparring is a like a scrimage.
if you actually read the first post he says sparring is included in all choices

Squabbles94806
02-12-2009, 11:57 AM
if you actually read the first post he says sparring is included in all choices

No duh Dip *****!!!

I'm just stating that if you don't apply your techniques in sparring or if you don't execute what you practice on the bags or mitts, then it's no good.

How can someone argue with that? That's the most logical form of training. Taking what you learn and applying it.

Sorry about the "dip *****"....*yuk-yuk*

Sadler
02-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I would do them all but lay off the weights. I've never lifted any weights in my entire career.

Why not?
Doesn't do any harm if its done right!

ophqui
02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
no idea what the point of this question is, obviously you do all if you want to win, why would you restrict yourself to three things?

boxingsmash69
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM
no idea what the point of this question is, obviously you do all if you want to win, why would you restrict yourself to three things?

just wondering what the majority would choose, if he/she were limited to 3 exercises other than sparring.

i'm surprised most people chose:

D) jumprope, mitts, heavybag

no running? running is a must!!

Chr0nic
02-12-2009, 04:05 PM
just wondering what the majority would choose, if he/she were limited to 3 exercises other than sparring.

i'm surprised most people chose:

D) jumprope, mitts, heavybag

no running? running is a must!!
is it? is it really?

boxingsmash69
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
is it? is it really?

what's wrong? is running too boring?

swimming would be a good replacement

Landon S
02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Do you ever run in the ring? does running make your shoulders burn? does running improve your rhythm and coordination? all running does it get your heart rate up, you breathing hard, and your legs going. When your good on a rope you can poop yourself out just as fast as sprinting all out, try doing double unders for 30 seconds and see how you feel.

Squabbles94806
02-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Do you ever run in the ring? does running make your shoulders burn? does running improve your rhythm and coordination? all running does it get your heart rate up, you breathing hard, and your legs going. When your good on a rope you can poop yourself out just as fast as sprinting all out, try doing double unders for 30 seconds and see how you feel.

Run in the ring? Like jogging running or running from a fight running? *yuk-yuk* Personally, i think the ring's too small to do some running in it. Lateral movement and boxing movement yeah. But running itself? I'll stick to the trail, track or street.

The double end bag is one of my favorites. i should start making a habit of using the speed bag more often. There's too much to do in so little time.

I wish i can just train all day and get paid for it. Wouldn't that be the life.

j
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
very very limiting options.

boxingsmash69
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
wow, someone is taking it up the anus with an Anti-Running sign.

of course, intense rope work vastly improves conditioning and footwork, but you don't have completely ban running. doing both would greatly improve conditioning.

Squabbles94806
02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Sprints are a mother ****er....

boxingsmash69
02-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Sprints are a mother ****er....

oh, yes indeed.

PunchDrunk
02-13-2009, 01:30 AM
wow, someone is taking it up the anus with an Anti-Running sign.

of course, intense rope work vastly improves conditioning and footwork, but you don't have completely ban running. doing both would greatly improve conditioning.

Exactly. So why the **** would anyone limit themselves to three training choices? You just underlined exactly why this is a dumbass poll... :smashfrea

boxingsmash69
02-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Exactly. So why the **** would anyone limit themselves to three training choices? You just underlined exactly why this is a dumbass poll... :smashfrea

since people are having nightmares by imagining being limited to 3 exercises to choose, maybe i should have revised it to "in your opinion, what are the top 3 most important common exercises for boxing, besides sparring (sparring would obviously be a first)"

:grouphug: