View Full Version : me on the bag (still alot to learn)

robstaaass
02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7xaO9KRFY&feature=channel_page

So this is based on what i've picked up so far. A little constructive criticism would be a great help. Where i am right now is based off of a year of dabbling, and a few months of semi-consistent training (my trainer is unreliable). Whenever i visit my brother down south i absorb as much as i can. Lemme know what you think..

Chr0nic
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
loosen up...your waaay to robot-like

Danny Gunz
02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
i would get a bigger bag.

And a couple of punches you threw were slow and not really fluid, the hooks you were throwing looked a little forced

robstaaass
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
i'm going to work on staying loose. Watching this video at first i did notice some of my punches werent fluid at all (i seemed to also not hit as hard). I tried to make a second video after practicing some more/different combinations but my camera crapped out. I feel like this video didn't really display me at my best but you can get an idea and still see how i'm progressing. I'll post another soon. Any other feedback would be great:boobies:

Zarco
02-10-2009, 03:48 PM
just keep practicing and watch alot of professional boxing. we cant see much from a few seconds of hitting a bag that doesent hit you back but from the looks, you keep your hands up and pivot your feet. your balance and coordination isnt bad either so just keep practicing. throw some upper cuts in there/ combos.

BoxerX
02-10-2009, 05:26 PM
lookt good but u should put ur body into ur upercuts.

robstaaass
02-10-2009, 05:32 PM
lookt good but u should put ur body into ur upercuts.
i would but my bag is rock hard at the bottom. i need to invest in a better bag or an angled bag before it messes up my form

Landon S
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
You A) need a heavier bag or B) can use that bag to help with getting snappy punches, meaning you focus on speed of combinations and punching in to the bag only an inche or two while turning your fist over right at the end.

I think you used your left only like 10 times that whole vid but threw double or more of right hands, you gotta mix it up or you'll get creamed, its easy to see a right coming especially if its a lead. I think you need to work on the speed of your combinations (keep form tight though) and shadowbox more. I'm willing to bet money that you hardly shadowbox, maybe as a warm up, am I right?

FYI if your bag is soft at the top but rock hard at the bottom you should take your bag down once in a while, roll it around and leave it upside down or on its side at least. Helps keep it more evenly packed. Good luck.

lilevil
02-10-2009, 08:41 PM
How long have you been boxing?

I3C727
02-10-2009, 09:52 PM
your jabs are very fluent, are you left handed? Work on your right hands they look very bad.

JoHnNyBoXeR
02-10-2009, 10:49 PM
remember when u throw hooks or uppercuts the opposite foot should stay planted on the ground at around 39 seconds your right foot did some wierd jiggle and u threw the left hook.. the jab looks good .. everything comes with repetition the more u do it the more natural it will come, thats why alot of your movements and punching look forced.. its a struggle at first, quite honestly, boxing is always a struggle, somebody taught u the basic fundamentals so just keep those in mind and practice makes perfect .. just keep at it you'll be ok

MonsieurGeorges
02-11-2009, 02:08 AM
i would but my bag is rock hard at the bottom. i need to invest in a better bag or an angled bag before it messes up my form

try to land that uppercut when the bag is swinging back toward you. since the bag will be tilted at an angle you should be able to dig it real nice

danny stash
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Rob,

From what I see you need to work the double jab more and snap all punches. You were throwing some pawing lazy right hands to the body that will get you killed. I want to see more combinations; not just one two's. Double the jab, get the distance on the right hand as well; you are short arming a bit. Looks better though. Also step back and then to the side, not just straight back. Do not bounce back, step back, bouncing takes too much energy. Also try and do some pivoting as well (around the bag) Looks better though. Jab is looking crisp. DOUBLE and TRIPLE it up...makes all the difference.

Dan

danny stash
02-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Rob critique from Johnny:

Feet and hands look great. I like the way he brings his hands right back to position, with good head movement. Nice sharp punches. Bad habit: He leads with body shots way too much and should work everything off of a jab.. he has a very good jab. If he leads with body shots he will get countered. (see Chuck Liddell v. rampage) He should consider anchoring or weighing down the bottom of the bag so he don***8217;t hurt himself with empty missed punches.

Looks really good though.. you can tell all of you Stash***8217;s***8217; have fight in ya!

J Sizzle

robstaaass
02-11-2009, 09:56 AM
exactly the help i'm looking for. Thanks all, and dan.

robstaaass
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
How long have you been boxing?
been pickin it up over the past year, maybe a little longer. been alot more consistent the past few months though.

danny stash
02-11-2009, 10:08 AM
exactly the help i'm looking for. Thanks all, and dan.
My pleasure...keep working bab.

U have plenty of time for competition as well.

KILLA RIGHT
02-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Your left hook to the body seemed a little weak looked like a slap. Turn ur hips a little harder and dont open up as wide with that punch. Also change up ur footwork. If u had someone fighting u they could time u. Bounce a little more just change it up, so u can be more fluid

Squabbles94806
02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7xaO9KRFY&feature=channel_page

So this is based on what i've picked up so far. A little constructive criticism would be a great help. Where i am right now is based off of a year of dabbling, and a few months of semi-consistent training (my trainer is unreliable). Whenever i visit my brother down south i absorb as much as i can. Lemme know what you think..

Not bad kid.

When you back away from the bag, dip lower. Don't pull str8 up so you don't get clocked with something while you're off balance. Get low, waay low.

Dig into that fcukin bag like it means something. It looks like you're working on technique. As you shadowbox and hit the bag, start exploding. You know, like Tyson.

Not bad kid. Hit the fcukin bag!!!

Work your jab. Double up on your jab. Jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab. Jab until your fcukin arm falls off, then jab some more.

Not bad kid.