View Full Version : Bob Dylan touring the UK, anyone going?

46-0
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Myself, I'll be going to see him live at the Echo Arena over in Liverpool at the start of May.

Personally, as far as I'm concerned the list goes as follows:

1.) John Lennon
2.) Bob Dylan
3.) The Beatles

Oasis_Lad
02-06-2009, 11:10 AM
The Beatles and Dylan are definitely the greatest of all-time.

Savino
02-06-2009, 12:03 PM
my mate has a spare ticket and think I'm willing to just to say I see an Legend in gig.

I got Metallica at end of this month also and cannot wait for that.

46-0
02-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Too right, probably won't be many more opportunities after this tour to see the man live on your doorstep.

Here's a link to the tour dates and some ticket sellers if anyone's intrested, I got my ticket off there.

http://www.bookmetickets.com/bob-dylan.html

col Blake
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Myself, I'll be going to see him live at the Echo Arena over in Liverpool at the start of May.

1.) John Lennon
2.) Bob Dylan
3.) The Beatles
I went to see his last tour, years ago up here in Newcastle, best show I have ever been to, truly awsome, Dylan as good now as he was in 65.

Derranged
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I will be there.

BrooklynBomber
02-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Bob Dylan?
He stopped being relevant in the 80s.

Naps
02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
The Beatles and Dylan are definitely the greatest of all-time.

Rolling Stones > Beatles

Oasis_Lad
02-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Not a chance.

Naps
02-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Not a chance.

Justify the Beatles 'pop music' being better than the Rolling Stones' defining anthems.

Bring it lover.....!

Oasis_Lad
02-08-2009, 03:02 AM
The fact that you think the Beatles made 'Pop music' says it all, babes.

Their songs had better melodies, better harmonies, better vocals and were more influential.

McCartney's bass playing on Beatles records > Any Rolling Stones member's playing on any track.

They've wrote more classic albums than the stones.

The Beatles output from 62-70 > The Stones output.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Stones, infact they're my second favourite group of all-time behind the Beatles, and that's what they'll always be - second best to the masters.

Duggie
02-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Queen > the ****ing lot

TRAVI$
02-09-2009, 12:35 PM
If I wanted to see an old jew blabbering on, I'd go to the Kosher market stall.

Naps
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
The fact that you think the Beatles made 'Pop music' says it all, babes.

Their songs had better melodies, better harmonies, better vocals and were more influential.

McCartney's bass playing on Beatles records > Any Rolling Stones member's playing on any track.

They've wrote more classic albums than the stones.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Stones, infact they're my second favourite group of all-time behind the Beatles, and that's what they'll always be - second best to the masters.

The beatles played pop music mate. It was all too chirpy and happy for me. Lovely strumming guitars and happy happy lyrics. Gets a bit sickly for me after a while.

Give me some good old rock music from the Stones any day of the week.

If they weren't "pop" then what were they?? And you can't say they were there "own unique brand" that's a cop out for people who claim they aren't pop, because there is nothing else to categorise them as.

46-0
02-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band > The Stones output

The Beatles certainly are not pop music Naps! Have you listened to anything passed their first 3-4 albums? For the first couple of years you may well call it pop music but then you've got I guess it's rock n' roll. Infact, I'd say from the start they were a clash of pop and rock. And it isn't a cop out to say they were their own unique brand because that is exactly what they were and you know this! Who compares to the Beatles as far as world popularity? ****sake man they went to Japan where fans sit in the crowd and you could hear a pin drop, but when the Beatles went there of course all the women were crying and screaming and flopping around like De La Hoya off that Hopkins bodyshot. That is some acheivement.

In all honesty I'd say the early Beatles are even more blues than pop.

Tuggers1986
02-14-2009, 01:49 PM

1.) John Lennon
2.) Bob Dylan
3.) The Beatles

A woman I know went to watch Dylan in Manchester last year and said he was ****, and she loves him aswell. She was gutted and said it was a massive disappointment

AntonTheMeh
02-14-2009, 01:57 PM
i gotta go see him one day.one day he won't be with us, And I'm gonna regret not seeing him.