View Full Version : Manic Street Preaches >>>>> Oasis

Sane Man
02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
C'mon you know it's true. They're 100x more of an intelligent and thought provoking band than Oasis, and arguably more talented.

Chunk..
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
C'mon you know it's true. They're 100x more of an intelligent and thought provoking band than Oasis, and arguably more talented.

And?

MSP only claim to fame is 'Design for life'.

Oasis ****s all over that lot.

Sane Man
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
And? MSP only claim to fame is 'Design for life'. Oasis ****s all over that lot. Their songs don't mean anything. Most of their songs are about nothing. It's a better song than any of the Oasis singles. I take it you've never listened to The Holy Bible? That is also better than any Oasis album. I used to be a serious Oasis fan, so it's no Oasis hate on my part. You seem like a serious Oasis fan and a casual Manics listener. I could be wrong. But if you listen to more Manics and not just the singles you'll know I'm right.

stefjonno1
02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
IMO Oasis are boring as **** compared to MSP. Generation terrorists is a more fun an wilder record than Oasis have ever put out.

Oasis_Lad
02-05-2009, 06:26 AM
BLASPHEMER! Burn the heretic!

Onslow.
02-05-2009, 07:13 AM
manics > oasis in talent and instrument expertise.

oasis > manics in catchy songs

TRAVI$
02-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Bla bla bla bla bla

Reported.

Sane Man
02-05-2009, 07:59 AM
manics > oasis in talent and instrument expertise.

oasis > manics in catchy songs

Agree 100% :luvbed:

It depends on what you prefer. I personally like my music that makes you think and is a little political than catchy easy to listen to music, to an extent, I've still been known to listen to the catchy stuff.

Bla bla bla bla bla

Reported.

:rofl:

The RealDeal
02-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I like them both, is that so wrong ?

You need to be in the mood for the Manics though wheres I find you can just pick up your Oasis cd at any moment.

Manics = Deep thoughts

Oasis = Fun Music.

Clegg
02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't think being intelligent has any significant impact on the quality of music that you produce, and having read The Communist Manifesto 8000 times whilst slicing up your arm certainly doesn't.

Maybe it's just that I'm biased against lanky, poncey, self-righteous, transvestite commie twats, but IMO The Manics are/were a very good band, but they've never produced anything in the same league as the first 2 Oasis albums.

Also, the anti-Morrissey comments that Richey and Nicky made in the early 90s are very hard to forgive.

Flab
02-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I think they're both ****ing terrible.