View Full Version : What is the best way to grap the pull up bar???

The_Bull
02-04-2009, 11:57 AM
???????????????

The_Bull
02-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Seriously you guys know how to fight and you guys can't tell whatst he proper way to grab a pull up bar??? I mean I grab it different ways, but I want to stick with the one that works the most.

Landon S
02-04-2009, 03:26 PM
With your hands...lol

You can use different grip for different reasons. Overhand is generally thought of as the best. Overhand works the lattismus minor (spelling?) the most. Underhand works the lattismus dorsi and your biceps. Over and under works it like a combination. If you have it set up a certain way you can do neutral grip (palms towards each other) and its like in between over and underhand grip working your forearms a bit more. You can do em off a towel to work your grip like nobodies business. There is no best way, it depends on where your weak and what you want to bring up. If youve never done pullups before, work em all.

Theres also different movements with those grips you can do as well, just google or youtube.

FYI fighting has nothing to do with pulling your chin over a bar

SOY-COMO-SOY
02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Seriously you guys know how to fight and you guys can't tell whatst he proper way to grab a pull up bar??? I mean I grab it different ways, but I want to stick with the one that works the most.

I grip it like this.............. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Pullups

Landon S
02-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I grip it like this.............. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Pullups

No...like this :wank:

SOY-COMO-SOY
02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
No...like this :wank:

lol............ either way works.

JabSandwich
02-04-2009, 08:26 PM
underhand, overhand, doesn't matter. the closer ur hands r the easier they'll be. shoulder width is a good measuring stick. then progressively move ur hands wider apart

I3C727
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
i grab it like doing a simple search on google.com

The_Bull
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
underhand, overhand, doesn't matter. the closer ur hands r the easier they'll be. shoulder width is a good measuring stick. then progressively move ur hands wider apart

Thank you. Best advice so far. :)

JabSandwich
02-05-2009, 09:08 AM

you r very welcome

PunchDrunk
02-05-2009, 09:15 AM

No, worst advice. Wide grip is an open invite to shoulder injuries. You shouldn't go much wider than a hand's width outside your shoulders (and don't do them behind the head either). If/when that becomes too easy, add extra weight.

Landon S said it all on the grip thing, variation is best.

JabSandwich
02-05-2009, 09:37 AM
No, worst advice. Wide grip is an open invite to shoulder injuries. You shouldn't go much wider than a hand's width outside your shoulders (and don't do them behind the head either). If/when that becomes too easy, add extra weight.

Landon S said it all on the grip thing, variation is best.

didn't know, thx

Burning Desire
02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
???????????????

What are you trying to achieve ? underhand grip is the best for your biceps, i've used them for my biceps for quite awhile and i've seen good results.

Over hand grip works your back and your biceps aswell although not as much. They both combined generally work your back, lats, forearms, back, ETC.

You should also try dips there great for your triceps, something like this but imagine your doing it off the bar instead of on a chair.

http://z.about.com/d/exercise/1/5/Z/dips.jpg