Win Jerome Smith Decision
Win Dan Quinn Submission
Win Roberto Traven Submission
Win Pete Williams Submission
Loss Ian Freeman
Win David Abbott Submission
Win Wes Sims DQ
Win Wes Sims KO

Would you consider any one of the opponents a top 20 heavyweight? The guys a submission wizard, I will give him that. His cardio sucks and his standup is suspect. I think he will be fed to the winner of Arlovski vs. Sylvia. I think he will be utterly destroyed.

juzre
02-05-2004, 06:03 AM
I agree totally, and his loss to Freeman was just horrible. And his fights after have been tapping out Tank (wow how impressive...) getting stomped against the cage to get a win, and being gassed but getting the KO since Sims was gassed a little more. He can submit like crazy, but either Arlovski or Sylvia would KO him to fast and have the cardio not to gas.

Kempo Chris
02-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Agreed

DOGGx0
02-05-2004, 02:12 PM
having a win over pete williams is prolly the best win he has yet. pete was the **** back in the day.

The Ensanity
02-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Pete was never the ****...He beat a VERY tired Coleman and Kevin Jackson who was a Mid level white belt at most....Not to take too much away from him, but he was never the ****

Pete had big wins, but thats about it...

Mir will get beat by ANYBODY in the top 10

Lei Tong
02-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Uh, Kevin jackson was awesome wrestler who never fought Pete. Maybe you're thinking of Jerry Bohlander.

But anyways, I say Sylvia beat him & Arlovski in his next two fights.

DOGGx0
02-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by The Ensanity
Pete was never the ****...He beat a VERY tired Coleman and Kevin Jackson who was a Mid level white belt at most....Not to take too much away from him, but he was never the ****

Pete had big wins, but thats about it...

Mir will get beat by ANYBODY in the top 10

trippin. he beat a "tired coleman"? what kind of comeback is that? pete was not tired, coleman was.... why do you think pete won that fight? obviously (whether it was then or now), pete proved to be the better fighter when they fought. on top of that, pete never fought kevin jackson. pete was the **** back in the day. period. just like wash-ups such as tank and severn. they ruled back then. of course they come nothing close to the class of fighters now, but we're not talkin about now.

you say "pete had big wins, but thats about it"..... well that makes him the ****. say something to backup your own opinions, when you're doing nothing but backing up mine. big wins would mean winning some good matches, some of the top players... which ultamitely makes you the ****. i never said he was the best. but he ruled back in the early days. that is all.

Curly Howard
02-05-2004, 06:49 PM
I'd like to see Mir fight Ricco

lightweight
02-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by xDOGGx
trippin. he beat a "tired coleman"? what kind of comeback is that? pete was not tired, coleman was.... why do you think pete won that fight? obviously (whether it was then or now), pete proved to be the better fighter when they fought. on top of that, pete never fought kevin jackson. pete was the **** back in the day. period. just like wash-ups such as tank and severn. they ruled back then. of course they come nothing close to the class of fighters now, but we're not talkin about now.

you say "pete had big wins, but thats about it"..... well that makes him the ****. say something to backup your own opinions, when you're doing nothing but backing up mine. big wins would mean winning some good matches, some of the top players... which ultamitely makes you the ****. i never said he was the best. but he ruled back in the early days. that is all.

I have to diagree with you saying "he was the ****". His one good win was against Mark Coleman in his UFC debut(before then he had mostly pancrase fights). Since then he went 2-5 in the UFC, the best win being Travis Fulton. In his glorious run through the UFC he lost to Kohsaka, Randleman, and then was finished by Schilt, Ricco and Mir(his last UFC fights being four straight losses).

The ****? No.

Fallout
02-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Curly Howard
I'd like to see Mir fight Ricco

That would be very entertaining.

For the record, Mir lost to Freeman for 3 reasons. He took Freeman for granted, he didn't know when to let go of a heel hook and Mir was fighting for a dying father. He would of beaten Nogueria that night

Lei Tong
02-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Nope. Aside from the last reason, the other two things were Mir's fault, so Freeman was not totally indestructable.

Nogueira would've realized this guy would fight with broken limbs, bones & ligaments, but that nobody can fight while unconcious. Nog absorbs the punishment, eventually gets him in a triangle.

Fallout
02-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Lei Tong
Nope. Aside from the last reason, the other two things were Mir's fault, so Freeman was not totally indestructable.

Nogueira would've realized this guy would fight with broken limbs, bones & ligaments, but that nobody can fight while unconcious. Nog absorbs the punishment, eventually gets him in a triangle.

Yeah, but he learned when to let go from talking that beatning. He learned not to take anyone for granted also by taking that beating.

Mir is a popular HW that will probably fight for the UFC HW title soon. However, there are still huge questions on him. We will get our answers soon

DOGGx0
02-09-2004, 01:17 PM
the **** because i said so. die.

lightweight
02-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Your **** standards are a bit low.

mmafanman
02-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Mir hasn't beaten anybody yet, and that's obvious. I don't know why he gets so much attention.

Wizard
04-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Holy **** guy's, Mir went on to sub Sylvia and become the Heavyweight champ. Good insight.......noooooot!

I think Arlovski will KO him.

Fallout
04-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Thank you for ttting a 4 month old thread. Idiot. Go home.

Wizard
04-11-2005, 02:55 AM
I am home dumb ****!