View Full Version : Tensor fasciae latae pain

j3kk
01-31-2009, 04:17 PM
for those of you who dont know what the tensor fasciae latae its the muscle at the side of your hip below the hip pointer. go to google images if you dont know what it is.

alright so im having problems moving because of this pain. does anyone know why this happened? i did alot of ab workouts where i have both legs up. you know bicycle, leg scissors and all that stuff.

im also having problems when im standing up then i look up and bend my neck all the way down. im guessing its a vein or something. im gonna schedule an appointment with my doctor so that i can get a physical.

does anyone know how i could have possibly hurt this muscle? and how can i prevent it? what types of stretches can i do?

mspiegelo
02-01-2009, 01:34 AM
for those of you who dont know what the tensor fasciae latae its the muscle at the side of your hip below the hip pointer. go to google images if you dont know what it is.

alright so im having problems moving because of this pain. does anyone know why this happened? i did alot of ab workouts where i have both legs up. you know bicycle, leg scissors and all that stuff.

im also having problems when im standing up then i look up and bend my neck all the way down. im guessing its a vein or something. im gonna schedule an appointment with my doctor so that i can get a physical.

does anyone know how i could have possibly hurt this muscle? and how can i prevent it? what types of stretches can i do?

hey. i would recommend taking at least a week off of intense training until you feel recovered, save some light cardio/stretching sessions throughout the week to stay in good cardiovascular condition. it also, sounds like you could benefit from some good ol' myofascial release. try getting a foam roller. You can use the foam roller to relieve tension and work out knots, kind of like a manual massage. To target the tfl, you can work out tension with hand pressure or with something hard, i.e. a medicine ball, softball, or tennis ball. After each training session, you should foam roll focusing especially on your hips, IT bands and quads, and then follow that with intense stretching (each static stretch should go for 30 seconds).

In terms of your back you should try some strengthening exercises like the "superman" isometric hold and back extensions. for stretching, you should try someyogic poses. Downward Dog, Child's Pose and Cobra are all good stretches for the core. Taking some yoga classes, in fact would just be good for you in general....

j3kk
02-01-2009, 02:36 PM
yeah thanks. ive been doing some reasearching and im trying to get the roller but im probably just gonna massage it and wait it out. right now im not doing anything and it sucks because im supposed to start training this month because im fighting on august.

i dont really have any backpains my obliques just hurt from doing alot of pull ups but i know thats just normal body soreness.

i guess im just gonna do some light cardio.

is jumproping recommended? i usually run for atleast an hour a day on my pace. thats about 9 mins a mile (yes that slow). then shadowbox and then jumprope for 15 mins straight. is that intense? i dont really have a problem with it because usually i feel the pain when im sitting or standing awkwardly and when im doing leg raises or ab workouts with legs elevated.

btw nice sig.

allanmandez
06-05-2009, 06:27 AM
The Tensor Fasciae Latae is a small muscle which attaches inferiorly to the long thick strip of fascia, known at the iliotibial band (ITB).Keeping one foot in front of the other when walking.Don't worry about it.
Good Luck..!!!

vein
06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Tensor fasciae latae pain............

wtf????!!