View Full Version : Red Dwarf Crew Come Back To Earth

The RealDeal
01-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Cult comedy Red Dwarf is returning to the small screen this Easter, 21 years since the science fiction series first blasted off.

For eight series, Dave Lister wanted to return to his home planet. Now, at last, he has - in Red Dwarf: Back to Earth.

Written and directed by Red Dwarf co-creator Doug Naylor, the new show reunites Chris Barrie as Rimmer, Craig Charles as Lister, Danny John-Jules as Cat and Robert Llewellyn as Kryten.

The two-part series Red Dwarf: Back to Earth, will kick start a Red Dwarf Easter weekend from Good Friday.

This will be followed by Red Dwarf: Unplugged, a "no holds barred" episode with no sets, no effects - and no autocue.

The weekend will climax with Red Dwarf: the Making of Back to Earth, a behind-the-scenes special from the new production.

The offbeat series, set in space, has enjoyed phenomenal success since it first aired in 1988 on BBC2.

It brought in more than eight million viewers for series eight, sold 7.25 million DVD and videos worldwide, broadcast in some 25 territories worldwide and won International Emmy and British Comedy Awards.

I can't wait for this !! :banana::yeah:

Oasis_Lad
01-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Love me some Red Dwarf. It'll most likely be absolute ****, but still....

TRAVI$
01-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Craig Charles will be off his tits, fact.

C.J.Mak
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Filming of two new episodes of cult TV series Red Dwarf began filming over the weekend on the set of Coronation Street.

The two-part special, entitled Red Dwarf: Return To Earth, will see Dave Lister - played by Craig Charles - finally succeed in his desire to make a comeback to his home planet.

As part of the plot, Lister's crew, made up of Rimmer (Chris Barrie), Kryten (Robert Llewellyn) and Cat (Danny John-Jules), go in search of him and instead bump into Charles's Corrie character Lloyd Mullaney in The Rovers Return.

Info and link to pictures here:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a145404/red-dwarf-begins-filming-at-corrie.html?imdb

RenegadeT
02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Craig Charles will be off his tits, fact.

do you know him personally ? Factually ?

Tuggers1986
02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I hope its good, but im not expecting it to be.

The RealDeal
02-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I hope its good, but im not expecting it to be.

The creators don't often screw with such a good franchise, after a very long absence they can't afford to make it ****e.

Fingers crossed.

Iamnotausername
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Probably not, but the fact good old Craig was exposed as a grade A crackhead long ago lends credence to the fact that he may very well be off his tits.

RenegadeT
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Probably not, but the fact good old Craig was exposed as a grade A crackhead long ago lends credence to the fact that he may very well be off his tits.

so guilty by previous acts ?

I actually know craig and he has screwed the nut and has left all the bad stuff behind

keep thinking what you think mate , people's assumptions are allways a million miles away from the truth

keep being spoon fed by the uk media ,perhaps thats your level

The RealDeal
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Regarding Craig Charles, after that incident (how many moons ago ?)
He was out of work for quite some time, then he sorted himself out and got back on Corrie as well as a BBC Radio show.

Long may his good health continue.

At least he made an effort unlike other celebs such as Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse.

TRAVI$
02-03-2009, 04:45 PM

It's a well known fact that Craig supplied me with narcotics.

RenegadeT
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
It's a well known fact that Craig supplied me with narcotics.

your a funny guy ....that's why im going to kill you last

The RealDeal
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RMkXY6MN96E

Haaaa haaa :lol1::lol1:

Iamnotausername
02-03-2009, 04:54 PM
so guilty by previous acts ?

I actually know craig and he has screwed the nut and has left all the bad stuff behind

keep thinking what you think mate , people's assumptions are allways a million miles away from the truth

keep being spoon fed by the uk media ,perhaps thats your level

Geez calm down, me and Travis are only joking around!

Good for you, you know him and I hope he's better because i love Red Dwarf but quite frankly when you're caught in the act like he was you're gonna be open to being the butt of jokes. Mud sticks and theres nothing you can do to change that fact.

I hope he stays clean, but, my uncle used to be a crackhead (clean for 14 years) and he said once you've done a lot it you can never truly say you're done with it because you always crave the next hit its just you're will power that determines how long you can stave it off.

RenegadeT
02-04-2009, 05:59 PM
i eat green berets for breakfast

Clegg
04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
It's on now.

It has a bit of a different feel to it. I'm not sure what I think so far.

Sn1
04-10-2009, 09:38 PM
meh

was just watching some reruns of v and vi i think. funny but the jokes rly arent anymore.

this is doomed

GMitchell
04-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Last night's wasn't bad. Wasn't like a huge splash back into the good old days, but what do you expect 10 years of Red Dwarf script writing rust. Besides it's only a few episodes, i'm gonna watch em.

The RealDeal
04-12-2009, 06:01 PM
I've now seen all 3 episodes and the behind the scenes episode and I really enjoyed it, ok it wasn't like classic Dwarf but it was enough for me.

I found Rimmer to be the funniest this time around, he had some classic lines/moments.

The Iron Man
04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
It was wierd without the Laugh track

The RealDeal
04-13-2009, 04:22 PM
It was wierd without the Laugh track

Agreed, they could have at least done that. It was filmed in front of a live audience for 6 seasons and then they used a laughter track for the rest so why ditch it ?

We are all use to laughing with the audience/imaginary audience.

The Iron Man
04-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeh i found it pretty weird, still liked it though. But I'm not sure they should have used green screen or at least not the amount they did.

Southpaw Stinger
04-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Aye, not a fan of the green screen.

Even the ship looked better as a model.

The RealDeal
04-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Aye, not a fan of the green screen.

Even the ship looked better as a model.

Agreed, too much green screen to save on cash, models where better.

beecherhq
04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Got them saved on my sky plus because i've been abroad for a week, was ready to start watching them now but found the tyson documentary posted on the video section. Goin to cain them off tommorrow, still hopeful i'll really enjoy them.

Been told they try to put on regional accents when in coronation street which probably sounds funnier in my head than it was though