View Full Version : How do you fight the "raging bull"?

'ENRY COOPER
01-31-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm more of a defensive/counter-attacking boxer, and I can't stand it when I spar with guys who just rush me and throw punch after punch and I can't shake him

Anybody got any advice on how to neutralise him?

Lovely
01-31-2009, 01:33 PM
if youre a counter puncher you should have an easier time.
just walk forward into their punches to smother them. stick and move man, just throw a bunch and move sideways. if they back you straight up youll lose, but if youre goin sideways youll throw them off.

Eric Holder
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
keep jabbing at him

keep your jab in his face at all times to keep him at a distance

Danny Gunz
01-31-2009, 07:57 PM
People like those get really slo[[py when they get uncomfortable

you make them uncomfortable by getting them off balance, clinching, and keeping your hands in their face

Lovely
02-01-2009, 02:53 AM
keep jabbing at him

keep your jab in his face at all times to keep him at a distance

no. their constant pressure will leave the jab smothered unless youre backin straight up. if you are backing straight up you will lose. you need to go in on a jab, throw a quick combo and move. feint punches to get their guard up and land lead hooks, and then move off that. easy ****. a jab only works if youre running.

Eric Holder
02-01-2009, 01:36 PM
no. their constant pressure will leave the jab smothered unless youre backin straight up. if you are backing straight up you will lose. you need to go in on a jab, throw a quick combo and move. feint punches to get their guard up and land lead hooks, and then move off that. easy ****. a jab only works if youre running.

I don't know man that's whats worked for me in the past

constant jabbing and lateral movement

Sadler
02-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Jab with your lead hand and block what you can with the other hand.
Keep distance and keep moving, try and land the odd power shot to shake them up!

MANGLER
02-01-2009, 02:26 PM
When a guy's rushin in, feed him the uppercuts.

Hieu
02-02-2009, 12:19 AM
jab, jab, jab, jab, HUGE UPPERCUT :)

Marlin26
02-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Im a forward moving in-fighter, alot of people say that it is'nt the best style but it works for me.

Truly the things that make me uncofertable are exactly whats been listen: lateral movement, moving in hitting then moving out, staying far back and useing alot of footwork and constant jabbing. Though when they jab alot i have a tendancy to duck the first one and close in fairly fast enough to catch them with a big body blow which slows them down and continue until i have them.

The best thing to do againts a forward moving in-fighter is to keep moving and keep hitting, fight smart and dont try to brawl it out on the inside.

The best strategy againts a man that moves alot is to corner him, move around and keep pressing forward; dont be afraid to take a few punches, If he moves to the side then your going to need to have a sharp step in as you move with him, eventually backing him up allowing you to sit on the inside if only for a few seconds. But always make sure you use your jab, a strong jab can back anyone up and if your an in-fighter then the ones that move forward are perfectly fine too

Lovely
02-02-2009, 02:27 AM
I don't know man that's whats worked for me in the past

constant jabbing and lateral movement

meh i donno. you gotta hit more than a jab, carlton. lining up uppercuts can be deadly too, as some other dude mentioned.

Spirit
02-02-2009, 07:24 PM

Easy **** huh? Thats easier said than done, feints very often dont work against a power punching pressure fighter because they usually keep punching. Ive found lead hooks to lure these types of fighters into trading with them which isnt always the best idea (unless youre the bigger/faster puncher). The jab stops these type of fighters. Id recommend timing him coming in, double jab, right hook. Just remember to circle while jabbing which will result in what he posted:
People like those get really slo[[py when they get uncomfortable

you make them uncomfortable by getting them off balance, clinching, and keeping your hands in their face

Exactly!

Del Coqui
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm more of a defensive/counter-attacking boxer, and I can't stand it when I spar with guys who just rush me and throw punch after punch and I can't shake him

Anybody got any advice on how to neutralise him?

Jab as you step back, not that hard of a jab and when he comes in catch him wiht hard upper cuts or left hooks to the body, step around. You better have good condition thou.