View Full Version : Filipino food a boxier should stay away from

gamerpinoy89
01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I know there are alot of pinoys here and i was wondering if any of them know what filipino foods an boxer should stay away from, i eat alot of filipino food, i love my sinigang and langunessa. also im trying to drop a couple weight classes ryt now im 164 maybe to light welter or light weight. please help me out my pinoy brothers and sisters or anyone one eats filipino food lol
-gamerpinoy89

TheBlackSwifty
01-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I know there are alot of pinoys here and i was wondering if any of them know what filipino foods an boxer should stay away from, i eat alot of filipino food, i love my sinigang and langunessa. also im trying to drop a couple weight classes ryt now im 164 maybe to light welter or light weight. please help me out my pinoy brothers and sisters or anyone one eats filipino food lol
-gamerpinoy89

Just dont eat da ***** if ya anywhere near a US Navy R&R location, yall end up with ulcers so big theyll have to amputate your tongue.

gamerpinoy89
01-28-2009, 07:44 PM
wow thanks for that, specking from experience ehh, lol just playing man

mannypac22
01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
its alright man im a pinoy boxer as well manny pacquiao's fave food is chicken adobo and he eats alot of malunguy which is 1 of the reasons for him being so ripped.

my view is eat whatever u want in moderation. so very it and u will be fine

Journeyman
01-29-2009, 08:27 PM
fill me in on filipino food...

a lot of flips i know are muscular, and the pinays got the illest bodies out of all the asians...and you are what you eat.

Mr. Ryan
01-29-2009, 08:56 PM
All of it, Filipino food is not designed to be healthy, it's designed to be awesome in taste, though.

gamerpinoy89
01-31-2009, 03:14 AM
All of it, Filipino food is not designed to be healthy, it's designed to be awesome in taste, though.

exactly this is why im trying to find some that are a bit healthier

Mistadobalina
01-31-2009, 01:30 PM
exactly this is why im trying to find some that are a bit healthier

i honestly have no clue. most of the **** we eat at the house.

we eat a lot of talapia, bangose (sp?), etc, but it's always fried. plus all that super-salty **** (bagoong (sp?), that stinky-salted fish that everyone eats with vinegar, etc) is awful for u.

there truly isn't any actual healthy filipino food lol.

Mr. Ryan
01-31-2009, 02:01 PM
i honestly have no clue. most of the **** we eat at the house.

we eat a lot of talapia, bangose (sp?), etc, but it's always fried. plus all that super-salty **** (bagoong (sp?), that stinky-salted fish that everyone eats with vinegar, etc) is awful for u.

there truly isn't any actual healthy filipino food lol.

Exactly, Filipino food is the bomb but it's always salted and fried.

I imagine if you bake or grill talapia with some brown rice, it would be healthy. But going to a point-point and thinking you're going to stick to your dietary restrictions is a little nutty LOL.

I LOVE FILIPINO FOOD!!! PANCIT AND PORK FOREVER!!!

gamerpinoy89
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Exactly, Filipino food is the bomb but it's always salted and fried.

I imagine if you bake or grill talapia with some brown rice, it would be healthy. But going to a point-point and thinking you're going to stick to your dietary restrictions is a little nutty LOL.

I LOVE FILIPINO FOOD!!! PANCIT AND PORK FOREVER!!!

hmmm i nvr thought of baking taapia it would be alot softer to, hmm i think ill try that but stil marinate the same, but i dont think pork adobo can be made healthy lol i stil love it tho, sinigang is the best tho

baCCaT
02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
filipino foods are by far the worst for people into conditioning/training or just plain dieting

our dishes are almost exclusively "ginisa" - sauted !, and we use oil like theres no tomorrow.
even the dishes with "sabaw" .. still fatty and heavy with calories

Bogler
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
just dont eat too much rice if you're on a diet. replace pork w/ fish or shrimp in sinigang. avoid fried rice. avoid the salty ones like w/ bagoong or anchovies. cut the fat from the meat if you cant really avoid eating adobo, kaldereta, etc and easy on their oily creamy sauces lol.

gamerpinoy89
02-02-2009, 07:11 PM
just dont eat too much rice if you're on a diet. replace pork w/ fish or shrimp in sinigang. avoid fried rice. avoid the salty ones like w/ bagoong or anchovies. cut the fat from the meat if you cant really avoid eating adobo, kaldereta, etc and easy on their oily creamy sauces lol.

no not the adobo lol thanks guys this is helping alot cuz i do need to know wat to cut from my regular diet while training, i never really paid attention to the details for the food i ate i just ate it al

Ukr_Alex
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
**** that I eat filipino food all the time, its like really good coke, you cant stop sniffin'.

If you exercise enough any food is good food.

KiengKoopa
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
**** that I eat filipino food all the time, its like really good coke, you cant stop sniffin'.

If you exercise enough any food is good food.

Maybe rephrase that to any food is better than no food?

gamerpinoy89
02-04-2009, 06:27 PM
thanks guys but i talked a a nutritionist bout it and he said to stay away from as much fried food as possible but my pot cooked food is ok, that means sinigang is stil in the mix, YES!!!!!!!!! lol and he said to cut back on rice :scared: . so now im only eat 1 and half cup of rice with my meals, man do u know how small 1 and half cup of rice is

El Ceja
02-04-2009, 06:33 PM
filipino food is facking fating. Every time I eat the fried pork it makes my stomach hurt but I just can't stop eating it...

rufige
02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
thanks guys but i talked a a nutritionist bout it and he said to stay away from as much fried food as possible but my pot cooked food is ok, that means sinigang is stil in the mix, YES!!!!!!!!! lol and he said to cut back on rice :scared: . so now im only eat 1 and half cup of rice with my meals, man do u know how small 1 and half cup of rice is

man my mom just cooked a big pot of sinigang and i wish i could just have my way with it, but i gotta control myself or else there's a few more pounds i gotta lose. i could eat that **** for days... breakfast, lunch and dinner.

gamerpinoy89
02-06-2009, 12:58 AM
man my mom just cooked a big pot of sinigang and i wish i could just have my way with it, but i gotta control myself or else there's a few more pounds i gotta lose. i could eat that **** for days... breakfast, lunch and dinner.

dude i know i had some 2 days ago it was great

kocface
02-11-2009, 05:45 AM
u gotta eat anything you want and GO TO THE GYM and WORKOUT lol
im filipino and i eat all that **** at home, and i also work at a restaurant at night and eat all that ****. im 5'9 170lbs pretty solid.
as long as you work out, youll stay in shape.
eat a lot of kare kare/ cuddy cuddy LOL

elfag
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
If you like pork that is probably ok. I have read before that the fats in pork are mostly unsaturated and so it is quite healthy.

I dont know much about pinoy foods but you seem to have the right idea. Avoiding fried foods and using different cooking methods to eat some of the same foods is a great idea. Fish is always good so hopefully it comes out good baking it instead of frying. And yeah reducing the rice would be good if you are trying to loose weight and steaming it instead of frying. Basically less frying and less salt and youre doing good.

Squabbles94806
02-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Just thinkin about Filipino food makes me fat.

Damn, that's what i want right now. Some adobo chicken with the basil leaves and black peppers. A couple lumpias with vinegar or that sweet and sour sauce. Some rice with chili paste. Pancit with the eggs. Porkchop silong wit some eggs and fried rice.

*****, i gotta eat a fcuk salad or small sandwich.

Stay away from the "chocolate meat". I can't eat that ***** no more.

gamerpinoy89
02-20-2009, 11:58 AM
dude i figured out a way to eat filipino food and still be healthy, eat like way more of the meat and veggies than rice, like 1/2 a cup or even less