View Full Version : How bad or good is carner asada?

KILLA RIGHT
01-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Ok i keep hearing diffrent things from people. That it's fattning and bad for u. Other's say its great protein so what is it? I quit eating junk but i wanna know if i can steal it carne asada because thats our main meal when we watch fights on weekends. I'm sure alot of u health freaks now especially mexicans who eat this all the time

JoHnNyBoXeR
01-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok i keep hearing diffrent things from people. That it's fattning and bad for u. Other's say its great protein so what is it? I quit eating junk but i wanna know if i can steal it carne asada because thats our main meal when we watch fights on weekends. I'm sure alot of u health freaks now especially mexicans who eat this all the time

most mexican foods are loaded with fats and saturated fats and are generally not good for you

KostyaTszyu44
01-27-2009, 11:17 PM
i looked it up

its looks ****ing tasty and nice, but yeah looks like it has quite a bit of fat in it

try to keep it to once a fortnight or so

or if you need to lose some serious weight, dont eat it until you are back at a healthy weight

KILLA RIGHT
01-27-2009, 11:36 PM
What about on a foreman grill? It taste like water because it takes all the grease but would that make it alot better?thx for the help guys

KostyaTszyu44
01-27-2009, 11:46 PM
What about on a foreman grill? It taste like water because it takes all the grease but would that make it alot better?thx for the help guys

yes if you grilled it on a foreman grill and then ate it on its own with no side dish or with a low fat healthy side dish it wouldnt be bad at all

d_lyrik803
01-27-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm Nicaraguan and we can make some serious carne asada.

We usually eat it with a complementary salad or yuca. i dont think its that bad for you, if anything its good IMO.

Eric Holder
01-28-2009, 12:16 AM
I think carne asada has something like 15 g of protein and 10 g of fat per serving

I still eat it pretty regularly

PolishWarrior
01-28-2009, 08:57 AM
In my country, we don't have anything like "carne asada" so I didn't know what is that. I've found some photos and info @ google.com, so...

Do not eat any carne asadas because of FAT. Go to the butcher and ask for fillet of chicken (or something like that). Clean meat - that is what gives you muscles. Do you know what can you get from eating fat?:)

boozer52
01-28-2009, 11:55 AM

It is typically made with flank steak when bought from a carniceria. Make it yourself with a lean cut of beef (round) and grill as you normally would. Corn tortillas are better than flour and eat with beans de olla instead of the much fattier re-fried beans.

boozer52
01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
most mexican foods are loaded with fats and saturated fats and are generally not good for you

True, but if you know anything at all about cooking, you can make mant healthy mexican meals.

Trrmo
01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Carne asada is just roast meat, how healthy it is just depends on the way its cooked which varies depending on which country. If it is not oily it good for you. You should be able to see by just looking at it. Here they sell mote con chicharron on the street which is pieces of roasted pork with some type of white corn. It has way to much oil.

KILLA RIGHT
01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
We cook it in the grill does that make a big diffrence?

Trrmo
01-28-2009, 04:14 PM
We cook it in the grill does that make a big diffrence?

Grilling is better but it will depend on what it has been marinated with - with or without oil; and how much fat is on the meat to start with.

KILLA RIGHT
01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
They maranated with onion lemon salsa and some special sauce

Trrmo
01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
They maranated with onion lemon salsa and some special sauce

Sounds okay to me then, the scales will tell you in the end (or fat calipers!)