View Full Version : Lee Murray(spoiler)

Zen
02-01-2004, 01:54 AM
I'm riding shotgun on the Lee Murray bandwagon. Can't wait to see him again, and for him to get a chance to let the hands go.

http://www.picturehistory.com/images/products/0/9/6/prod_9632.jpg

Zen
02-01-2004, 02:56 AM
TTT for the next MW champ. (as long as Lindland doesn't get to dry hump him for 15 minutes)

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 03:02 AM
Baroni would be a good match for this guy if his striking is as good as I've heard

Zen
02-01-2004, 03:05 AM
That was my first thought. Sucks that Baroni's suspended because that fight would almost promise to be fireworks. From all accounts, Murray can drop bombs. Did you see what he did to Pele? He needs to continue to improve his ground game, but I think he's got a very bright future.

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 03:11 AM
He and Baroni would be a trash talking war. I haven't seen him fight yet but I've read his hands are very quick and powerful. His trash talking will make for some interesting matches. I kinda like the whole "bad blood" thing like with Mir and Sims Tito and Chuck etc...

SUBKING
02-02-2004, 06:19 AM
Ive been saying it for a long time, Lee Murray is a very bad boy and is definetly going to make a big impact on the UFC in the future.

Everyone was saying Rivera likes to bang and the first thing he did was go for the takedown ... and still got sub'ed!

I would have loved for Lee to show his striking skills but I also think he made a better impression subbing Rivera as everyone (including Rivera himself) knows Lee can bang!

Mr Boogaloo
02-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Curly Howard
I kinda like the whole "bad blood" thing like with Mir and Sims Tito and Chuck etc...

I thought the show, whilst the fights were great, came across a bit like WWE. This is the wrong way to go...

Prince
02-02-2004, 12:00 PM
murray won't be around for long. baroni will maul him.

Curly Howard
02-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Mr Boogaloo
I thought the show, whilst the fights were great, came across a bit like WWE. This is the wrong way to go...

Yeah the drama at the UFC is the wrong way to go BUT the grudge type matches make it a little more fun to watch. Tito vs Chuck would be a great fight even with out all the name calling but with those two pissed off it makes it more exciting

Mr Boogaloo
02-02-2004, 12:12 PM
How many times have you seen Murray fight, Mr Cesaro - he of confident predictions?

I'm betting the answer is twice. At best.

Curly Howard
02-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I haven't watched Murray fight other than Rivera. I'd love to see his hands at work

Mr Boogaloo
02-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Curly Howard
the grudge type matches make it a little more fun to watch. Tito vs Chuck would be a great fight even with out all the name calling but with those two pissed off it makes it more exciting

I agree in the sense that fighters who dislike each other make for good fights.... the grudge match thing... while entertaining, is a touch contrived when you push them both in the ring to talk some pre-prepared smack...

Also....I was slightly alarmed by Murray's ring entrance... Jorge's... and Wes was acting a bit WWE too...

This is no way to take over from boxing as USA's premier fightsport.

Prince
02-02-2004, 12:58 PM
all of murray's competition with the exception of 3 or 4 fights have records like 0-2, 0-0-1, 2-3. the best thing he has going for him is his one punch KO power. pele was controlling the fight and even murray admits that, pele got stupid and ****y in the second round and lost, nothing new for him. his rivera fight would never end the same in a million years, he made a novice mistake. murray's takedown defense isn't that great, especially from clinch. he's too one dimensional and the competition is too stiff at 185 for him to ever be top ranked or a champion in a big show. henderson, busta, anderson, suleov, baroni, lindland, vitale, miller, saku, and the list goes on.

Wushu
02-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Cesaro
all of murray's competition with the exception of 3 or 4 fights have records like 0-2, 0-0-1, 2-3. the best thing he has going for him is his one punch KO power. pele was controlling the fight and even murray admits that, pele got stupid and ****y in the second round and lost, nothing new for him. his rivera fight would never end the same in a million years, he made a novice mistake. murray's takedown defense isn't that great, especially from clinch. he's too one dimensional and the competition is too stiff at 185 for him to ever be top ranked or a champion in a big show. henderson, busta, anderson, suleov, baroni, lindland, vitale, miller, saku, and the list goes on. Yeah, plus his English sucks balls!

Mr Boogaloo
02-03-2004, 07:13 AM
So.. the answer is 'Yes, I've only seen him fight twice'?

To be fair, I've only seen him fight twice... I was there to see him KO Pele live... which was so ****in fast I didn't see it...

... so I'm in no position to boldly predict great things for him. However, to say on the strength of his past opposition that he can't really go anywhere in the division must clearly be unfair.

Also... to say that he's one-dimensional is at odds with the fact that he likes to stand, but can slap on submissions from his back if his opponents make mistakes...

I think you're being unnecessarily harsh. And you are really, aren't you?

Mr. Beelzebub
02-03-2004, 09:27 AM
He is waaay overrated, like Cesaro said he has beaten people that had only 1 or 2 fights before him. He even fought to a draw with a guy debuting in MMA that hasn't fought since. Every since he beat Pele, all the bloody english think he's gonna be a 185 lbs. champion. It's all hype...

Mr Boogaloo
02-03-2004, 10:47 AM
To be honest, I forgive the nuthuggers on the strength of his last two fights, on big stages... not the ones which happened ages ago infront of his dad, brother and some geezer out the pub...

There's no need to be so scathing in your cynicism. You come across like you think you know everything... and there is little doubt that you don't.

Leather
02-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Could somebody write what he said to Tito?