View Full Version : Vitor (spoiler)

juzre
02-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Just wondering the overall opinion on if you thought the title shoudl change hands on an accidental cut liek that or if it should be a no contest witha mandatory rematch scheduled.

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 01:21 AM
I think iin the future, since they score like boxing they should have the same rules BUT... the damage was caused by a legal strike so the outcome would have been the same

juzre
02-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I can see both ways, expecially on how early in the bout was. It is so disappointing though, but there has to be a rematch.

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah no doubt. I just hope Couture didn't get his eye ball scratched too bad. I'd hate to see him go out like that.

That was one fight I really didn't care who won I just wanted to see it. Both guys are class acts

juzre
02-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Yeah definately, it was one of the few times where there was no trash talking before the fight, where they both respected each other. I am such a Randy Couture fan too, he is just class and I know he will be fine and bounce back.

HockeyFighter
02-01-2004, 03:10 AM
Definately should be a win. It's the exact same as any other cut stoppage. Just so happened that this occured so early in the match that it sucked. Rematch will happen so now I got like another 4 months to get pumped up for that. ****

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 03:14 AM
This kinda messes up the #205 division. It would have probably been the winner of Tito Chuck vs Belfort but now We'll have to wait for a rematch. Plus what about Silva? #205 is going to be hot again this year

Piedra
02-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Its a shame that the fight ended so early but it wasnt any accident Vitor won period.

Fallout
02-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I think the bigger question is will Randy fight again? I mean, the guy is 40, has a newborn son and just suffered a MAJOR eye injury that might leave him with perminate damage to his eye

lightweight
02-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Allan the Magic Goose
I think the bigger question is will Randy fight again? I mean, the guy is 40, has a newborn son and just suffered a MAJOR eye injury that might leave him with perminate damage to his eye

This is exactly what I was thinking. It took him a while to recover from his previous eye injury, and at 40 how much time does he have left for recovering and coming back again? I think this may have changed his priorities.

sloppyenglish
02-01-2004, 05:52 PM
How bad was the injury to the eye. My medical english sucks too, so I didn't realy understand what the doctor said had happend to it, it didnt look nice though with all that blood "inside" of the eye.
Anyone now of someone else with the same injury and what time it took to recover?

Kempo Chris
02-02-2004, 01:14 AM
two weeks and Randy will be training again
He's ok