View Full Version : Worse UFC EVER!!!!!!!!**Spoilers**

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 01:19 AM
WTF was that?

Hughes looked like he didn't train at all for that fight. The Belfort Couture thing was understandable but the rest of the cards sucked.

juzre
02-01-2004, 01:21 AM
hughes got dominated. His run had to end sometime. Least he was classy about it. And man Tito has no class whatsoever.

Fallout
02-01-2004, 02:36 AM
UFC 46 was awsome. Except for the Belfort COuture fight I enjoyed that whole card

Zen
02-01-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Allan the Magic Goose
UFC 46 was awsome. Except for the Belfort COuture fight I enjoyed that whole card

Agreed.

Penn vs. Hughes was great. I called it.
Mir vs. Sims final flurry made that fight good.
Murray was impressive in debut.
Cherrutto was ****ing awesome.
Randy/ Vitor, in a situation like that whad'ya gonna do?

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 02:45 AM
What was your favorite part?

How they didn't show any lightweight matches?

The one round fights?

The way the two BJJ guys kept getting stood up?

The reading of the "famous" people in the audience to fill time instead of showing one of the earlier fights?

juzre
02-01-2004, 02:51 AM
Yeah the reading of the people in the crowd was lame, Zuffa should have spent the time showing off their up and coming talent and promoting themelves, instead of kissing the ass of the stars in the crowd.

Zen
02-01-2004, 02:55 AM
I prefer to focus on the positive.

My favorite part was Penn drilling Hughes with a right, taking his back and applying the rear naked choke.

What's wrong with a one round fight? Would you prefer a Lindland or Arona lay and pray? Yeah, that'd be sweet.

Even thought Cherutto/ Newton got stood up a few times, Cherutto's striking wasn't bad. Pretty good fight and I look forward to seeing Cherutto again. Welterweight is stacked.

The famous people thing sucked, as did not showing more prelims, and the same advertisements over and over.

But, I order the PPV for the mma fights, and the one's I did get to see were entertaining to me. I'd pay $30 all over again.

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Zen
I prefer to focus on the positive.

My favorite part was Penn drilling Hughes with a right, taking his back and applying the rear naked choke.

What's wrong with a one round fight? Would you prefer a Lindland or Arona lay and pray? Yeah, that'd be sweet.
Nothing wrong with it. but if you have one round fight fill the time with the other mathces.

I was refering to the fact that we didn't get to see much action. They could have showed one of the earlier fights.

Even thought Cherutto/ Newton got stood up a few times, Cherutto's striking wasn't bad. Pretty good fight and I look forward to seeing Cherutto again. Welterweight is stacked.

Good fight but lets face it. Their both ground fighters. Why not leave them on the ground at let them work? As soon as you stand them up their going down agan. Let them have a technical match.

The famous people thing sucked, as did not showing more prelims, and the same advertisements over and over.

But, I order the PPV for the mma fights, and the one's I did get to see were entertaining to me. I'd pay $30 all over again.

They were good fights but not enough. I know the randy vitor thing was unpredicable but thats when you show some of the other fights or do some interviews or something.....Anything

Zen
02-01-2004, 03:03 AM
They are struggling to compete with Pride and it seems that Pride always has more fights than them, so that definitely sucks. During the pre-30 minutes they need to show a prelim, then you still have at least 10 minutes to adverties. They are ****ing idiots for the most part.

HockeyFighter
02-01-2004, 03:15 AM
Everything you mentioned Curly is expected from the UFC and therefore does not disappoint me at all. I thought it was wicked ass ****. The Mir KO was ****ing awesome. The simple fact that St. Pierre and Thomson won make me happy as ****. Only thing I was disappointed in was Newton's preformance. He looked very tired and like he didn't even want to be there from when the first round began. I found that strange for him.

Curly Howard
02-01-2004, 03:17 AM
I'm probab;y just pissed off that Penn won and Adam is already calling me and giving me **** about it

allmmafan21
02-01-2004, 03:27 AM
The only thing that bothered me about UFC 46 is that they only showed 5 fights. I pay 30 to see all the fights.... It wasnt like they didnt have time to show them. If they have time to read of names they have plenty of time to show one of the prelimanry fights. I had never seen Penn fight before but i thought Hughes would easily run threw him guess i was wrong. I hope tito puts on the act of being an ******* and is not really that bad. I hope Liddel knocks him out. Couture deserves a rematch before anyone else gets a shot.

Zen
02-01-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by HockeyFighter
Everything you mentioned Curly is expected from the UFC and therefore does not disappoint me at all. I thought it was wicked ass ****. The Mir KO was ****ing awesome. The simple fact that St. Pierre and Thomson won make me happy as ****. Only thing I was disappointed in was Newton's preformance. He looked very tired and like he didn't even want to be there from when the first round began. I found that strange for him.

I was very dissapointed by Newton too, and agree with everything you said. I think Rogan hit the nail on the head when he said he needs to be training with world class guys alot more often. Cherrutto is one tough mofo too, but Newton looked distant and out of it from the get go.

Kempo Chris
02-01-2004, 01:19 PM
I thought personally the show sucked
And also i thought they were not standing them up quick enough
Theres only 5 mins. in a round and it sucks to watch the fighters do nothing to each other on the ground for 4 mins and in the last minute try for a sub., It is boring and the crowd sure as hell hates it, If they want to get more popular they beetter start getting more stand up fighters.

Kempo Chris
02-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Next UFC better have some exciting matches
They didn't play any of the lightweight matches which I bet were way better then the matches that they played

I was very disappointed in the performance of most of the fighters, none really impressed me except for penn

Squezze
02-02-2004, 02:17 PM
If I'm shelling out 30 bones for a PPV, I wanna see as much fighting as possible. Honestly, who gives a **** if a Blue Jays pitching prospect is in the crowd. Way too much **** and not enough substance. Thumbs down for me. A MMA event has to really piss me off to give it a thumbs down too.

The Ensanity
02-02-2004, 02:33 PM
I loved the stand ups...keep the action going

DOGGx0
02-02-2004, 02:43 PM
ha ha ha ha. curly's mad @ the best ufc eva!! i loved every single fight. mir and penn had me losing my voice. those 2 guys ****in rule!

Nuno
02-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by xDOGGx
ha ha ha ha. curly's mad @ the best ufc eva!! i loved every single fight. mir and penn had me losing my voice. those 2 guys ****in rule!

The fights were good until the main event. It was unfortunate situation for Randy, but probably a huge relief for Vitor, because with all honesty, he had more important things on his mind than this fight.

The Penn fight was awesome. I was on my feet jumping for joy when he choked him out. Me and Bub tried to call you Dogg, but you didn't answer....maybe cause you were busy making fun of Curly....

DOGGx0
02-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Nuno
The fights were good until the main event. It was unfortunate situation for Randy, but probably a huge relief for Vitor, because with all honesty, he had more important things on his mind than this fight.

The Penn fight was awesome. I was on my feet jumping for joy when he choked him out. Me and Bub tried to call you Dogg, but you didn't answer....maybe cause you were busy making fun of Curly....

agreed. the vitor-randy fight was ****ed.

on a side note, i did'nt have any missed calls. at that time i was yelling and could'nt shut up. i was rubbing it in EVERYONE's face. there was not 1 person at my house that thought Penn would win. I was so happy for Bj when he got that choke. Everytime he did something... i was flippin out. he handled hughes terrificlly. about 10 minutes later i was on the phone with Curly... like "GOOOOOOOOO HUGHES! YEA HUGHES! KEEP YOUR BELT! SHOW PENN THAT HEs HELLA STUPID FOR FIGHTING YOU!" hahahaha. I ****in knew it. I'm still so happy that I almost peed my pants typing this out.

Penn ****ing rules. Anyone who says different should die slow.

Nuno
02-02-2004, 04:13 PM
I was getting MAD sleepy from the alcohol, but seeing Penn dominate Hughes woke my ass up.

momita
02-02-2004, 05:19 PM
I am surprised that Mir's fight was glorified!! Honestly....
When a fighter gets the call to be in UFC, you'd think that fighter would work on EVERYTHING, especially cardio to at least be able to get thru 3 rounds!

If all you wanted was the big KO at the end, then fine, guess a fighter can be sluggish & resting on the chest of his opponent while he's throwing gramma punches, then you'll be happy with the 30 bucks you spent..........

But not me, I want someone wo has trained their ass off to be in the big show. Someone who doesn't look like their gasping for air in the first round.

If all we can expect of some of these higher paid guys to do is gas & then somehow manage a KO, then your expectations aren't very high.

And I could care less about the guy in seat 315 A being there...

:?:

Other than that, I enjoyed it.

The Ensanity
02-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by momita
I am surprised that Mir's fight was glorified!! Honestly....
When a fighter gets the call to be in UFC, you'd think that fighter would work on EVERYTHING, especially cardio to at least be able to get thru 3 rounds!

If all you wanted was the big KO at the end, then fine, guess a fighter can be sluggish & resting on the chest of his opponent while he's throwing gramma punches, then you'll be happy with the 30 bucks you spent..........

But not me, I want someone wo has trained their ass off to be in the big show. Someone who doesn't look like their gasping for air in the first round.

If all we can expect of some of these higher paid guys to do is gas & then somehow manage a KO, then your expectations aren't very high.

And I could care less about the guy in seat 315 A being there...

:?:

Other than that, I enjoyed it.

YOU SPEAK THE TRUUUUUTH

I thought that fight was a joke...

and to be KOed what a extremely SLOW combo is lame...boo to this fight