View Full Version : Jeff Curran to stay busy in 2004

Tanner Rhoden
01-30-2004, 10:03 AM
www.adcombat.com

A busy 2004 starts with the UFC for Jeff “Sapao” Curran
Submitted by: Joseph Cunliffe
Posted On 01/29/2004

Jeff Curran is going to be a busy man in 2004. Already confirmed to compete in amateur boxing, professional MMA and submission grappling, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt is also promoting and co-promoting amateur and professional MMA, holding seminars, and teaching at his 2 Crystal Lakes, Illinois, academies, as he continues to train, while wrapping up the first half of the year with his wedding to fiance, Sarah, in July.

“I am on a mission from God,” says Curran, “since God is my true Master, I am on a mission from him. Lets just say that I am in a sprint to have certain things ready or obtained by the time I am married.” One thing Curran wanted to obtain was his shot in the UFC. Managed by Monte Cox, Curran gets his shot this Saturday, January 31, at “UFC 46: Super Natural,” as he faces Renzo Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Matt Serra in a preliminary lightweight fight. Curran will be cornered by team mate Bart Palaszewski, Jiu-Jitsu instructor Pedro Sauer, and boxing coach Doug Mango.

Curran once said to me “I am the person who loves to compete and put it all on the line” in an effort to “help myself grow in knowledge and experience.” Curran will put it on the line and take full advantage of all opportunities to grow in 2004.

2004 Curran Schedule:

January 31: UFC Las Vegas, Nevada
February 4: Boxing in Lombard, Illinois (amateur)
February 21: XFO, Lakemoor, Illinois www.x-fighting.tv
February 22-29: Utah for training with Pedro Sauer
March 5-9: ZST Tourney, Japan (March 9th actual day)
March 19-20: Seminar in Kaukauna, Wisconsin (teaching)
March 27: XFO 2, Promoting, not fighting (8 man 155lb tourney)
April 1-2: T.A.P.P. Ground Tactics course for Police, Rockford, Illinois
April 24: IFC, Greenbay, Wisconsin
May 8: Extreme Challenge Chicago, Illinois
June 5: IHC, Hammond, Indiana
June 26: XFO 3 (finals for 155lb tourney, begin Rd 1 and 2 of 185 lb tourney)
July 17: Wedding Bells to fiance Sarah

You may keep up to date with Curran at www.JeffCurran.tv.