View Full Version : Fitness and weight loss

JoeD1991
01-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey everyone this is my 1st post and well I am just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of good advise.
I am 17 and am dead on 100kg I want to get down to about 85kg but at the moment lets say I have to much fat for what I like (the majority of my weight is fat) I can do about 2 hours exercising a night but apart from that I don't have anytime since I have college and get home late.
My question is does anyone have a few pointers on the right amount of foods and a few good exercise tips, I have fairly good cardio for my size and shape but I do count myself as weak.
Any help would be appreciated,
Joe

P4PKING2008
01-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Hey everyone this is my 1st post and well I am just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of good advise.
I am 17 and am dead on 100kg I want to get down to about 85kg but at the moment lets say I have to much fat for what I like (the majority of my weight is fat) I can do about 2 hours exercising a night but apart from that I don't have anytime since I have college and get home late.
My question is does anyone have a few pointers on the right amount of foods and a few good exercise tips, I have fairly good cardio for my size and shape but I do count myself as weak.
Joe

No junk food. Use common sense don't eat ****.
Run 3 miles daily. Step it up to 6 after a while.
Join a boxing gym.

Its not rocket science. If you exercise you will be fit.

ScottDBA
01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
You should be eating six smaller healthy meals per day instead of the usual three big ones plus snacks.

Lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats. Drink plenty of water.

Danny Gunz
01-25-2009, 09:05 PM
For starting:

join a gym obviously
get in a habit of running daily start with about a mile a day then move up as it gets comfortable
be smart with what you eat
replace soda with bottled water, snack foods with fruit etc. it is hard to do that but you will get the hang of it

Pharoahe
01-26-2009, 03:51 AM
For starting:

join a gym obviously
get in a habit of running daily start with about a mile a day then move up as it gets comfortable
be smart with what you eat
replace soda with bottled water, snack foods with fruit etc. it is hard to do that but you will get the hang of it

That one right there makes a huge difference. Water, 50/50 water/gatorade, and some fruit juice are where it's at. A guy I used to play hockey with always complained that he never seemed to be able to lose the fat and put on the muscle that he needed to. He worked out hard and ran, but he drank pop allll the time. I finally convinced him to replace it with water and once he did, he got the results he wanted pretty quickly.

And yeah, running is where it's at.

Landon S
01-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Im in college with a full course load too dude and I still find time to train twice a day, some days three (only because one of my classes is cardiovascular training), so being in college is a pretty lame ass excuse.

Don't you have a break between classes thats about 40 minutes or so? you could go to the college gym or gymnasium and get some intervals, sprints, conditioning or LSD (not the drugs...) in. Or you could just wake up sooner, I dont have class till 10am but I get up at 6:30-7:00am and work out, shower, do a little homework and head to class. Hell, its 8:40 am right now and Im studying for a quiz and I've already worked out for an hour...youve got time you just gotta make it. Theres 86400 minutes in a day dude....lots of time, get crackin

hitmanhat
01-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Joe

Can you do bodyweight exercises ?? Or are you too heavy ??
Squats , lunges , push-ups ,sit-ups etc ?? If I were your trainer I would recommend strength and conditioning . The thing about CV , even though it's best you might not start getting results fast . If you do strength and conditioning you can start working and toning all your muscles faster .If you can't use your own bodyweight then you'll need to start with free-weights.Check out RossTraining infinate intensity book . You want to at-least get to a standard to be able to push your own body-weight , once you can do that then start running . There is a saying in fitness thats true and it's don't run before you can walk .
http://www.rosstraining.com/products.html

sukhenkoy
01-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Can you do bodyweight exercises ?? Or are you too heavy ??
Squats , lunges , push-ups ,sit-ups etc ?? If I were your trainer I would recommend strength and conditioning . The thing about CV , even though it's best you might not start getting results fast . If you do strength and conditioning you can start working and toning all your muscles faster .If you can't use your own bodyweight then you'll need to start with free-weights.Check out RossTraining infinate intensity book . You want to at-least get to a standard to be able to push your own body-weight , once you can do that then start running . There is a saying in fitness thats true and it's don't run before you can walk .
http://www.rosstraining.com/products.html

Good point. I lost 15 pounds in 2 months just from doing weights and swimming 2 times a week. Just start exercising and eating sensibly. Don't think that jogging/running is your key to losing weight fast.

KostyaTszyu44
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
just eat wholesome and good food

and drink only water, im trying to start replacing everything with water

oh and also if you desperately need to drink something other than water, drink a coke zero or a diet coke or whatever

JoeD1991
01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Right I have always drunk loads of water so that isn't a problem, but I have now cut out the sweet stuff like chocolate and most sugary stuff. I don't eat any fatty stuff anymore I am eating more fruit and vegetables and trying not to eat white bread. I have found a local boxing gym to me so will be joining that asap. I can do push ups and sit ups and that just not as many as I would like. I am running each day now and I am trying to have 6 small meals a day and I am also taking multi vitamins.
Any other advice will be taken in and I will try my hardest to take that advice and do something about it.
Joe

hitmanhat
01-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Right I have always drunk loads of water so that isn't a problem, but I have now cut out the sweet stuff like chocolate and most sugary stuff. I don't eat any fatty stuff anymore I am eating more fruit and vegetables and trying not to eat white bread. I have found a local boxing gym to me so will be joining that asap. I can do push ups and sit ups and that just not as many as I would like. I am running each day now and I am trying to have 6 small meals a day and I am also taking multi vitamins.
Any other advice will be taken in and I will try my hardest to take that advice and do something about it.
Joe
What sort of shape is your upper-body in , you need strength and conditioning for upper body strength .
If you can't do alot of bodyweight exercises then try deep range exercises to failure , they're better,easier and get you in shape alot faster , you should start getting results overnight .
Deep range push-up
Get 2 chairs for your hands and put your feet on the ground and adopt the push-up position , like this guy only he uses benches . Lower down as far as you can push back up then lower again as far as you can and hold for as long as you can , these should get you in the best shape of your life , it will get rid of any chest fat .In this video the guy says don't lower too low but thats bull s--t because he's already jacked , lower as far as you can and keep working on going lower and holding for longer
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KiJrTz59npc
Deep range dip
Do the same with this dip , make sure you go as low as you can and hold for as long as you can , this should get rid of any fat on the triceps , you will probably be in pain the next day if your new to these and your upper body isn't in good shape
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ZfAM9eHWQ
You can try hanging from a pull-up bar as well for as long as you can if you have one and also start doing squats and lunges but make sure you stretch off after them or you'll not be able to walk for about a week

PolishWarrior
01-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Hello everybody,

I have started my intensive trainings on the last month. It was on 23.12.2008 - my goal was to loss weight. I am 5`9 ft. / 179cm. My weight was 76.5kg / 168lb. After one month of hard exercises (5 times in a week) I can see some differences. I had a lot of jogging and boxing trainings, only a few weight-lifting stuff. Now, I am still 179cm/5`9ft :)) but... 158lb! I know that I have to train harder, I wish to have more or less 66,6kg/147lb.

I don't eat any sweets, potatoes, fast-foods etc. I eat clean fillet of chicken + vegetables. Sometimes bananas and mandarines. I use Perfect Body MRP (Olimp), Whey Protein Complex 100% (OLIMP), Glutamine (by Olimp), HMB in caps (Olimp), Vita-Min Multiple Sport (OLIMP), fat burnes - l-carnitine and thermo-speed by Olimp. Ufff... By the way - I don't want to burn out my muscles! :) I hope I will burn 10lb of fat on the next month ;)

Please, don't be unpleasant - english is not my favourite language ;)