Sperry wants redemption at Pride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sperry wants redemption at Pride

www.tatame.com

José Mário Sperry, one of Brazilian Top Team leaders, promises a great show at Yokohama Arena in Japan on February 15th where it will be held the second edition of Pride Bushido. Zé Mário is searching for redemption, once he got defeated by KO during the first round against Japanese fighter Yuki Kondo.

"I bet my money on this fight. I own my team, my fans and myself. I will show then that I rock!" revealed Sperry. His adversary, confirmed by Dream Stage Entertainment, it will be American Mike Batman Bencic, who trains at the Croatian Mirko Cro Cop's team. Batman comes from a defeat at Pride too. In July, he got submitted by Alistair Overeem. Confirmed at the event, is the Renzo Gracie's cousin, Rodrigo, that will face Japanese fighter Hayato "Mach" Sakurai.

At the main event, the challenge between Chute-Boxe and Japan will bring the Pride GP Middleweight's Champion Wanderlei Silva agianst Ikuhisa Minowa. Minowa conquered the Brazil Super Fight's title in last September. The other two Vhute Boxe's members are Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, that fought at last Bushido winning Akihiro Gono and Jadyson Costa, the "Wanderleizinho", who got all attention at Storm Samurai and is about to face Takanori Gomi.

good luck mario?

Comment

Working...
    X