View Full Version : Downing is so overrated

TRAVI$
01-05-2009, 09:20 AM
No ****ing way is he worth 15 million
He's a good deliverer of the ball, but I really don't think he has much else to offer
He doesn't get forward as well as Bentley, who is also overrated, but the better player IMO
And Downing has proved he doesn't do well on the big stage

Dynamite Kid
01-05-2009, 09:34 AM
No ****ing way is he worth 15 million
He's a good deliverer of the ball, but I really don't think he has much else to offer
He doesn't get forward as well as Bentley, who is also overrated, but the better player IMO
And Downing has proved he doesn't do well on the big stage

Agreed he is an ordinary footballer decent, but not worth that kind of money, he is no better than Milner,Pennent imo.

Infact given the choose id probably take Milner over him, because Milner is mentally tough, will run his heart out, and he he scores more goals.

Patty Tanager
01-05-2009, 12:28 PM
It's embarassing how much we overrate our footballers.

The Iron Man
01-05-2009, 12:51 PM
I agree and have always said the same. I really dont want to see him in a spurs shirt, but it looks like he will be. Hopefully he will prove me wrong!

THE REED™
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
i read this as "drowning is so overrated"

im like... yeah ill agree :lol1:

Naps
01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
i read this as "drowning is so overrated"

im like... yeah ill agree :lol1:

Haha, that tickled me.

On topic, Downing is ****. When was the last time he lit up a game...... Answer:Never.

OldSkool
01-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Haha, that tickled me.

On topic, Downing is ****. When was the last time he lit up a game...... Answer:Never.

to be fair on the lad he does play for middlesborough. hes a top notch player. not sure if hes worth 15 mill, but 10 id say. he'd prove to be a quality signing for any middle/decent premiership team

TRAVI$
01-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Drown him.

Clegg
01-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree and have always said the same. I really dont want to see him in a spurs shirt, but it looks like he will be. Hopefully he will prove me wrong!

How come Maradona is wearing a Spurs shirt in your av? Is that what he had to do for his community service? Damn, punishment was harsh in those days!

squealpiggy
01-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Downing is a lefty and he's an England international. These two factors probably add five million each to his worth.

And isn't Pennant supposed to be in demand right now for some reason?

The Iron Man
01-09-2009, 02:51 PM
How come Maradona is wearing a Spurs shirt in your av? Is that what he had to do for his community service? Damn, punishment was harsh in those days!

Ossie Ardiles' testimononial. Back then we were a proper force anyway!

GJC
03-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Re Maradona, those were the days at the Lane. Best 45 minutes seen 1st half against Feyenord in the UEFA cup (when it was a real trophy)
Back to boxing, no Marciano? Shame on you :) Apart from Rocky ommission good list, quibble with the order but can see where you are coming from. Real Deal didn't make my but he would have been 11th

The Iron Man
03-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Rocky is a great no doubt, i just cant see him being greater than any of the others. In my list i try and take everything into account! he would be 11th or 12th. i havent thought that far!.