View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] Question.........

Dynamite Kid
12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Question.........When you have two accounts for the same site, but they were both created from different IP Addresses is it safe to sign in with either of them ?

Can they still tell if its you signing in from the same computer, even though the account was created from a different IP Address?

Clegg
12-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes, they can tell.

When you are a supermod or admin on a vbulletin forum, you can check pretty easily.

I wouldn't worry about it, I have had a few alts banned but BPP never bothered doing anything to my main account because of it. If you need to hide your IP then just use a website that lets you surf anonymously.

Dynamite Kid
12-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Yes, they can tell.

When you are a supermod or admin on a vbulletin forum, you can check pretty easily.

I wouldn't worry about it, I have had a few alts banned but BPP never bothered doing anything to my main account because of it. If you need to hide your IP then just use a website that lets you surf anonymously.

They can tell even though i created it from my friends computer and used his IP address?

Its not for this site BTW in case you were curious.

Clegg
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, each post has an IP address 'attached' to it so to speak.

Dynamite Kid
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah, each post has an IP address 'attached' to it so to speak.

Damn!! would i get away with surfing and downloading do you think?

Clegg
12-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah, unless they randomly tried checking the IPs from the two accounts against each other then they wouldn't know. And they would have to go out of their way to do that, so it wouldn't happen.

Dynamite Kid
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, unless they randomly tried checking the IPs from the two accounts against each other then they wouldn't know. And they would have to go out of their way to do that, so it wouldn't happen.

Okay thanks Clegg will give you some karma if i can :boxing:

Gojira
12-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Are you sure your not going to use this information for your advantage on child ****ograpy sites?

col Blake
12-23-2008, 04:53 PM
try using peer guardian if you are downloading stuff, you will stunned at how many people are checking on what you are doing.

The Gunner
12-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Question.........When you have two accounts for the same site, but they were both created from different IP Addresses is it safe to sign in with either of them ?

Can they still tell if its you signing in from the same computer, even though the account was created from a different IP Address?

They'll know its you. ;)

Yes, they can tell.

BPP dont know his way around vbulletin me thinks. :D

They can tell even though i created it from my friends computer and used his IP address?

Its not for this site BTW in case you were curious.

Every IP you log in under is logged on the account. By clicking on an IP it brings up any accounts that are atatched to it. They can even check your ISP.