View Full Version : UFC Fight Night "For The Troops"

American_Ninja
12-11-2008, 03:43 AM
There were 2 notable fights.
Josh Koscheck scored a scary looking KO in the 1st round.
Steve Cantwell from the WEC, made his UFC debut by breaking
his opponents arm. Gnarly stuff.

I Love It.

Virgil Caine
12-11-2008, 04:13 AM
Hah, yeah those were a couple of brutal events.

StillUnknown
12-11-2008, 04:17 AM
other mma websites are showing pics of Corey Hill's broken leg from the undercard. one of the sickest images i've seen.

for a card short on big names, it turned out to be pretty entertaining:

Kos probably scored the 2nd best KO of the year (behind Rashad killin Chuck)

Cantwell broke ol boy arm (dumbass better learn to tap)

Ben Saunders graduated top of his class from Anderson & Wandy Silva School of Knees

2FastByFar
12-11-2008, 04:21 AM
Corey Hill Leg Break.
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/FastPurpleRun/7762-CoryHill.jpg

Dice
12-11-2008, 04:43 AM
Mike Swick also made a big statement tonight, TUF1 fighters are actually pretty good

American_Ninja
12-11-2008, 05:11 AM
There are a lot of talented fighters in the WEC.
I think that sooner or later they are all going to be
in the UFC. I mean with WEC staying strictly with the lower
weight classes, that can only go so far.

How about Uriah Faber vs BJ Penn?

Dice
12-11-2008, 05:52 AM
There are a lot of talented fighters in the WEC.
I think that sooner or later they are all going to be
in the UFC. I mean with WEC staying strictly with the lower
weight classes, that can only go so far.

How about Uriah Faber vs BJ Penn?

I'd be an easy fight for Penn really, I mean Faber couldnt get past Tyson Giffin. He's more interested in 135 and a fight between him and Torres would be major

Mr. Beelzebub
12-11-2008, 10:27 AM
There were some ****ing mismatchs just to make certain fighters impressive after a loss or after coming up from WEC.

Dorian
12-11-2008, 11:15 AM
that koscheck ko was brutal! good to see koscheck back :)

Kakutogi-Gumi
12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2z5rqs6.jpg

ABOSWORTH
12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Koscheck KO was nasty!! So was the arm break. Crazy ****.

Blair_Wells#32
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
:fing02: great night of fights, alot of action and alot of great finishes, i didn't think Kos had it in him after gettin his ass kicked by Alves awhile back :lol1:
Ben Saunders also did well nailin the other guy with countless knees to the head and body, would like 2 see him take on upper level guys now an see how he stacks up with them. also happy 2 see Wiman get beat after intentionally trying 2 get himself penalised so the ref would stand them back up.
Cantwell Vs Al-Hassan......was looking forward to this fight and it didn't disappoint but could have done without Cantwell running around giddy like a lil school girl and saying he was happy he broke a guys arm....had high hopes for this guy in the ufc, now i can't wait til someone comes along an knocks this guy senseless.....he said he wanted 2 fight some 205'ers from tuf, feed him 2 jardine so jardine can kick him around for 15 mins, or matt hamill so hamill can ground an pound him til the ref steps in, either would beat him handily.

Virgil Caine
12-11-2008, 04:39 PM
That leg break was f.ucking insane.

D.C.
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
2 Ko's
2 Limb Breakings
1 HUGE lump on the forehead.

Should have been called "UFC Fight Night : Injuries for the troops".

lordofthering
12-13-2008, 03:16 PM
razak al-hassan getting his **** broke was the highlight of this event for me.

the leg break, thankfully, i was asleep for.

Brute Allmighty
12-14-2008, 01:58 AM
I was deff impressed with the fights on this card. The Saunders guys knees where relentless. Rival those of Silva's. Deff J K's ko was awesome. And for the arm breakage like said above the guy should've tapped of course. Now because of his pride he has a fairly severe injury. I broke my elbow in a simalar way not from fighting but falling out of a tree It still hurts to this day. For the guy that broke the arm. I was surprised and sorta disapointed when he said he had been wanting to do that for a long time. Not very good sportsmanship. But still entertaining night none the less.

Virgil Caine
12-14-2008, 04:35 AM
I was deff impressed with the fights on this card. The Saunders guys knees where relentless. Rival those of Silva's. Deff J K's ko was awesome. And for the arm breakage like said above the guy should've tapped of course. Now because of his pride he has a fairly severe injury. I broke my elbow in a simalar way not from fighting but falling out of a tree It still hurts to this day. For the guy that broke the arm. I was surprised and sorta disapointed when he said he had been wanting to do that for a long time. Not very good sportsmanship. But still entertaining night none the less.

You're right that he should've tapped, though he almost looked for a moment as though he would get out.

vinnie7731
12-14-2008, 08:34 PM
2 Ko's
2 Limb Breakings
1 HUGE lump on the forehead.

Should have been called "UFC Fight Night : Injuries for the troops".

laughed out loud when i read this