View Full Version : Footballers you've played against?

The Monk
12-07-2008, 05:18 PM
So I was watching the championship today and in the Huddersfield vs Walsall match a 25 yarder is wacked into the top corner by a certain Alex Nicholls....never heard of him, well I don't blame you, but I certainly have as I have played against him several times when I was at school. It would have been about 7 or 8 years ago now. One occasion I remember particularly well was the Halesowen and Stourbridge district cup final where yours truly marked Nicholls out of the match as my school team won 4-0.

So any of you slags crippled a prem player or buried one agianst a league 2 keeper?

insipiens
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Claudio Reyna ducked me when he was at St. Benedict's Prep.

The Gunner
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Played against a few players in the Scottish league when they wre coming through. Steven Pearson (Derby), Lee Miller (Aberdeen), Steven Hughes (Motherwell) and Zander Diamond (Aberdeen) to name a few. John Stewart (QOS) and Bryan Prunty (Airdrie) i had kick-abouts with daily growing up, both grew up just round the corner.

Naps
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I had Sheffield trials alongside Tony Crane who went on to play for Wednesday, and I used to play evry Sunday night with ex Northern Ireland inrenational Hugh Dowd.

Oasis_Lad
12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I used to play with James Mcfadden occasionally in School.

The Gunner
12-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I used to play with James Mcfadden occasionally in School.

Hey bud, obviously a Scot. :)

What school were you at it looks like we may have played in the same district. I dont remember playing against Faddy but he's pish anyway and i only remember the good players.......Like Prunty. :D

Oasis_Lad
12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Turnbull High in BishopBriggs. Faddy was two years above me.

Iamnotausername
12-08-2008, 05:00 AM
I've played against Bradley Wright-Phillips twice. Once was in a 5 a side tournament which his team (Ten-em-bee sports, **** name I know) won.

The second time was 11 a side in a cup, which we won 5-4, our striker scored a hattrick (Ricky Shakes) who I believe plays for Brentford at the moment!

Also i used to play footy at school with a bloke who was a Charlton youth player but is now a youth coach at Millwall.

squealpiggy
12-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Used to play Rugby League opposite Nick Fozzard.

Clegg
12-08-2008, 05:55 AM
The second time was 11 a side in a cup, which we won 5-4, our striker scored a hattrick (Ricky Shakes) who I believe plays for Brentford at the moment!

He must be **** then.:sad:

Iamnotausername
12-08-2008, 06:02 AM
He must be **** then.:sad:

LOL, to be fair and I can say this subjectively, he didnt have very good control, but when we played in the team together he was very fast, strong and accurate with his shots. he scored over 60 goals for us in one season!

i actually looked him up after I posted and found out he left Brentford during the summer and now plays for Ebbsfleet united!!!

Clegg
12-08-2008, 06:05 AM
LOL, to be fair and I can say this subjectively, he didnt have very good control, but when we played in the team together he was very fast, strong and accurate with his shots. he scored over 60 goals for us in one season!

i actually looked him up after I posted and found out he left Brentford during the summer and now plays for Ebbsfleet united!!!

Nice to hear that he's gone on to bigger and better things.

My cousin not only has a Brentford season ticket, but also goes to the cup games as well. He actually paid money to go see them lose to Barrow Town the other week :nonono:

Iamnotausername
12-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Nice to hear that he's gone on to bigger and better things.

My cousin not only has a Brentford season ticket, but also goes to the cup games as well. He actually paid money to go see them lose to Barrow Town the other week :nonono:

haha he should ask for a refund. i've actually been to griffin Park a few times, proper ****hole!!!!!

Clegg
12-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Yeah, I used to go down there when I was a kid.

They've been talking about moving top a new stadium for at least 10 years now. I doubt it'll ever happen, considering how many times they've changed their minds about where exactly it'll be built.

Pot Noodle
12-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Played against Gareth Evans who plays for Macclesfield at the moment, he was a United trainee back when we were in school and he was **** hot then. Sam Williamson who's at City, think he's only got into the 1st team once or twice. James Bailey who's a Crewe 1st team regular, am actually mates with him, he's played 7 - a side with us a few times, he doesn't exactly put any effort in though, as he says he's knackered from training the lazy cunt.

Iamnotausername
12-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I used to go down there when I was a kid.

They've been talking about moving top a new stadium for at least 10 years now. I doubt it'll ever happen, considering how many times they've changed their minds about where exactly it'll be built.

I swear there was talk a few years back of them possibly merging with QPR (pre riches, when they were skint). My dad supports QPR and hates Brentford I think he would have actually gone insane if that happened!

Clegg
12-08-2008, 07:15 AM
I swear there was talk a few years back of them possibly merging with QPR (pre riches, when they were skint). My dad supports QPR and hates Brentford I think he would have actually gone insane if that happened!

Remember when Fulham shared Loftus Road, so that they could re-do their stadium? And then a year or so later they moved back without having made any improvements at all.

Brentford would probably do something like that.

My mum supports QPR, the rest of the family are Fulham and Spurs, apart from one random uncle who got me to support Chelsea when I was about 5, and who I haven't seen since.

Iamnotausername
12-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Remember when Fulham shared Loftus Road, so that they could re-do their stadium? And then a year or so later they moved back without having made any improvements at all.

Brentford would probably do something like that.

My mum supports QPR, the rest of the family are Fulham and Spurs, apart from one random uncle who got me to support Chelsea when I was about 5, and who I haven't seen since.

haha I remember that. Theyve done it all up now and its still a **** ground. Sucks to be Fulham eh?

I should really be a QPR fan cos I went to a fair few matches with my dad when i was a little tyke, but John Scales came in to my school when he played for Wimbledon and my class got free tickets for a match (i was about 5) and i started supporting them.

TRAVI$
12-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I used to play in the minefields with Michael Essien.

Chi-town Baller
12-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Dennis Irwin & Clayton Blackmore

col Blake
12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I've played against, Lee Clark, Steve Waston, Robbie Elliot, Alan Thompson, all at the famous Wallsend Boys club.

Necrophobic
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I remember playing a five-a-side game and pele had a one on one with me but i did an amazing slide to dispossess him of the ball.

Also, i defended a rory delap throw in three times.

col Blake
12-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I remember playing a five-a-side game and pele had a one on one with me but i did an amazing slide to dispossess him of the ball.

You can't slide in 5 a side rules, and there is a head hight rule for the ball,

MickyHatton
12-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Jason Koumas in sunday league and Jan Molby during a charity game.

Nu Jerzey Devil
12-08-2008, 04:53 PM

You clearly didn't. I played against Jack Wilshire.

TRAVI$
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I beat Muhammad Ali in a game of Jenga, if that counts.

The Monk
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I beat Muhammad Ali in a game of Jenga, if that counts.

Negative on that one buddy. If you had beat him at monopoly maybe.

JulioCesaChavez
12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Thread title is really a question for the limey's mothers sisters and daughters!!

ironmike2008
12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I've played alongside the likes of Robbie Earle, Marcus Gayle, Vinnie Jones when I used to play for Wimbledon.

Iamnotausername
12-10-2008, 04:32 AM
I've played alongside the likes of Robbie Earle, Marcus Gayle, Vinnie Jones when I used to play for Wimbledon.

hahah so whats your real name then? I live around the corner from plough lane and used to be a member when we were at Selhurst park.

You aint Carl Leaburn are you?

ironmike2008
12-10-2008, 08:09 AM
My initials are E.E.

Don Gorgon
12-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Played 5-a-side with Jamal Campbell-Ryce a few years back, plays for Barnsley now.

Pot Noodle
12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
You are not Efan Ekoku

Necrophobic
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
You can't slide in 5 a side rules, and there is a head hight rule for the ball,

we didnt use 5 a side rules. we just had five people to each side.

ironmike2008
12-10-2008, 04:04 PM
You are not Efan Ekoku

You don't know anything about me you prize whopper.

ironmike2008
12-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I always hated that twat Dean Holdsworth tbh.

The Monk
12-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I always hated that twat Dean Holdsworth tbh.

Dean says you're a cunt, I agree with him.

S.G.
12-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Jay Simpson (Arsenal), Terry Dixon (Spurs) and quite a few Barnet youngsters

Andre Wardttke
12-14-2008, 12:42 PM
So I was watching the championship today and in the Huddersfield vs Walsall match a 25 yarder is wacked into the top corner by a certain Alex Nicholls....never heard of him, well I don't blame you, but I certainly have as I have played against him several times when I was at school. It would have been about 7 or 8 years ago now. One occasion I remember particularly well was the Halesowen and Stourbridge district cup final where yours truly marked Nicholls out of the match as my school team won 4-0.

So any of you slags crippled a prem player or buried one agianst a league 2 keeper?

Nicholls scored against Latics t'other week.

I've played against Rochdale's Joe Thomson when I was at school, didn't even seem that good tbh.