View Full Version : Laddie, the Mighty Aston Villa are going to sign the Mighty Henrik Larsson

TheHoff'sGhost
12-06-2008, 04:21 PM
A marriage made in heaven methinks. Alan has surely blessed this union.

Roger Yomama
12-06-2008, 04:29 PM
A marriage made in heaven methinks. Alan has surely blessed this union.

That rumour was floating around this time last year too. Has it been confirmed or is it just Sky Sports News making stuff up to fill a couple of minutes like they often do?

TheHoff'sGhost
12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
That rumour was floating around this time last year too. Has it been confirmed or is it just Sky Sports News making stuff up to fill a couple of minutes like they often do?

I didn't get it from sky sports, I got it from the local rag - the glorious Evening Mail. Apparently our Henrik is flying over for talks with Ol' Marty. The Henrik lad is out of contract now after finishing with Helsingborgs and we're desperate for a sodding striker. I can see it happening this time.

Shambleton
12-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Gabby>Henrik.

TheHoff'sGhost
12-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Gabby>Henrik.

He's not really one for getting his bonce on the end of crosses like Carew was though and we're set up to play with wingers and a big fella striker to get on the end of their crosses. Our Henrik would be good for getting his bonce on the end of crosses I reckon.

Roger Yomama
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I didn't get it from sky sports, I got it from the local rag - the glorious Evening Mail. Apparently our Henrik is flying over for talks with Ol' Marty. The Henrik lad is out of contract now after finishing with Helsingborgs and we're desperate for a sodding striker. I can see it happening this time.

Villa certainly need another striker and he is different to anyone else they have on their books. He will bring a bit of guile to compliment the pace and power of Agbonlahor and Carew. I hope it comes off, I had a cheeky tenner on Villa to finish in the top 4

TheHoff'sGhost
12-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Villa certainly need another striker and he is different to anyone else they have on their books. He will bring a bit of guile to compliment the pace and power of Agbonlahor and Carew. I hope it comes off, I had a cheeky tenner on Villa to finish in the top 4

Apparently Carew could be out for up to two months with his back injury so this is why Ol' Marty is trying to bring our Henrik in. We're bloody desperate. We're also supposed to be trying to tie up a deal for Heskey in the January transfer window.

I'd love to see us break into the top 4. I think we're on the right track but I don't know whether we're capable of it this season.

Patty Tanager
12-06-2008, 04:57 PM
He's got to be getting on a bit though now?.

Forget about Heskey and go for someone younger.

Roger Yomama
12-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Apparently Carew could be out for up to two months with his back injury so this is why Ol' Marty is trying to bring our Henrik in. We're bloody desperate. We're also supposed to be trying to tie up a deal for Heskey in the January transfer window.

I'd love to see us break into the top 4. I think we're on the right track but I don't know whether we're capable of it this season.

Heskey? Really? There goes my tenner then! Seriously though Hoff, I think Villa can do it this year, they have shown they can compete with the big 4 and with Arsenal being so inconsistent, 4th is there for the taking. I have a soft spot for the Villa, Mrs Yomama is an Aston lass, born and bred.

insipiens
12-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Could make a contribution as he has a little left in the tank

TheHoff'sGhost
12-06-2008, 05:04 PM
He's got to be getting on a bit though now?.

Forget about Heskey and go for someone younger.

He's 37 I think is our Henrik, but we're desperate and need someone sharpish as the only fit strikers we've got is the quality Gabby, a ****ing **** Marlon Harewood and an untested 17 year old lad.

I don't want us to sign Heskey. I'd like us to put a big bid in for Santa Cruz but I think Man City will offer him more money and he'll go to them.

TheHoff'sGhost
12-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Heskey? Really? There goes my tenner then! Seriously though Hoff, I think Villa can do it this year, they have shown they can compete with the big 4 and with Arsenal being so inconsistent, 4th is there for the taking. I have a soft spot for the Villa, Mrs Yomama is an Aston lass, born and bred.
Yeah Heskey is ****. Up until not too long ago I thought we could definitely break into the top 4 this season but I think the way we struggled against Fulham without Carew shows that we still haven't got the strength in depth that those in the top 4 have so I worry what would happen if we lost one or two other key performers to injury at any stage throughout the season. I just doubt that we're gonna be able to be consistent enough throughout the whole season.

Could make a contribution as he has a little left in the tank
Aye, I think he could do a job on a short term basis.

Roger Yomama
12-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah Heskey is ****. Up until not too long ago I thought we could definitely break into the top 4 this season but I think the way we struggled against Fulham without Carew shows that we still haven't got the strength in depth that those in the top 4 have so I worry what would happen if we lost one or two other key performers to injury at any stage throughout the season. I just doubt that we're gonna be able to be consistent enough throughout the whole season.

Thats true, but Fulham are one of those teams that plays to avoid losing, rather than going for the win, and that makes it hard for most teams to look good against them. With a couple of clever signings, like Henrik and maybe a central midfielder (I don't really rate Petrov) they will have enough to see them home in 4th I reckon. Next year could be a great year to be stood on the Holte End if they keep improving at the rate they have under Mad Marty.

TheHoff'sGhost
12-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Thats true, but Fulham are one of those teams that plays to avoid losing, rather than going for the win, and that makes it hard for most teams to look good against them. With a couple of clever signings, like Henrik and maybe a central midfielder (I don't really rate Petrov) they will have enough to see them home in 4th I reckon. Next year could be a great year to be stood on the Holte End if they keep improving at the rate they have under Mad Marty.

It's looking good under Ol' Marty, that's for sure. I hope he spends wisely during the january transfer window and we can crack on.

MickyHatton
12-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Aye, I think he could do a job on a short term basis.

I think he would be a decent signing as cover but I hear Everton are also chasing him down. They have the carrot that Yakubu and Vaughan are out long term thus giving him games?

For purely selfish and personal reasons I would prefer him to go to Villa though :)

TheHoff'sGhost
12-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I think he would be a decent signing as cover but I hear Everton are also chasing him down. They have the carrot that Yakubu and Vaughan are out long term thus giving him games?

For purely selfish and personal reasons I would prefer him to go to Villa though :)

He'd get games at the Villa an all what with Carew being out for a while and even when Carew comes back I think he'd still be getting the odd game and coming off the bench. Though if we sign Heskey (or another striker) as well his chances will be more limited. But he's worked with Ol Marty before so maybe that might mean that coming to the Mighty Villa will appeal to him.

Oasis_Lad
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
His experience will surely help the younger lads and I'm sure he'll score a few, but even Henrik Larsson is no match for Father Time.

MickyHatton
12-07-2008, 04:07 AM
He'd get games at the Villa an all what with Carew being out for a while and even when Carew comes back I think he'd still be getting the odd game and coming off the bench. Though if we sign Heskey (or another striker) as well his chances will be more limited. But he's worked with Ol Marty before so maybe that might mean that coming to the Mighty Villa will appeal to him.

Owen will probably go cheap in Jan. Any interest???

oovavu
12-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd love to see him back in the prem, last time didn't count as it was with the red ****e, he'll be a good signing and I can see him fitting in easily with villas style of play, also he can't be as slow as carew and defo a better finisher.

Mozza
12-07-2008, 09:51 AM
For a guy who put my team to the sword on numerous occasions I have the utmost respect for Larsson. A great player and a great sportsman.

Patty Tanager
12-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Old Martin has just been on and said basically signing Larsson is a non-starter.