Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Abdominal muscles be worked out everyday or would that be overtraining?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Abdominal muscles be worked out everyday or would that be overtraining?

Since my body is in complete pain right now since I believe it is healing... Would it be bad to do more crunches and exercises such as that while my body is healing?

the pain and stiffness is caused by lactic acid buildup, the more u move, the better u'll feel. if they're really sore then hold up for a day or so just to make sure u didn't pull nething

Comment

I've noticed alot of people talk about overtraining when they are not even training that hard! it is very hard to overtrain, so don't use this as an excuse in your head to work less. You can and should do ab exercises everyday and you won't be overtraining fuck all! Just make sure you take your time to build it up slowly but surely to about 1200 reps. I do 400 raises, 400 sit ups and 400 frog crunches (these work EVERY single muscle) in sets of 100 or 200. Most people go on about overtraining like its going out of fashion, when in reality they are out of shape. Work hard, reap the rewards!

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
        I've noticed alot of people talk about overtraining when they are not even training that hard! it is very hard to overtrain, so don't use this as an excuse in your head to work less. You can and should do ab exercises everyday and you won't be overtraining fuck all! Just make sure you take your time to build it up slowly but surely to about 1200 reps. I do 400 raises, 400 sit ups and 400 frog crunches (these work EVERY single muscle) in sets of 100 or 200. Most people go on about overtraining like its going out of fashion, when in reality they are out of shape. Work hard, reap the rewards!
        julio shut the **** up. thatll do us all some good! fake boxer!!

Comment

man HELL NO!!! The abs are one thing that you should be working everyday. Yeah it might be sore. But your stomach (abs) is always constructing and re-constructing itself. After all, you have days when you eat junk food right?

IMO, the only time when you'd rest your abs is if it's getting hit constantly. For example, doin hard core ab training and core training and then hard sparring for a week....that might not be a good idea.

Comment

/

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post

you are clueless,

its easy to feel really sore after a workout , especially if youve just begun exercising that body part, feeling sore the next day is a clear indication youve worked that body part propelry and that its going to respond by growing stronger for you next workout,

"I do 400 raises, 400 sit ups and 400 frog crunches " you are clearly doing them wrong , sooooooooo wrong, you cant do 400 of any sit ups if you do them propely and properly workout your muscles, you will be cheating without knowing it

Comment

You can work your abs every day. You should vary the intensity though. For example do your regular ab session then the next day do medicine ball drops on your abs or various plank holds for time. The reason for this is you shouldn't work them the same way day after day working the same qualities (contractile strength, static strength, explosive strength, etc) otherwise your body wont have time to adapt and repair from what you did.

Heres a few examples of things you can do those other days your not doing your regular ab work that arent overly stressful in the right doses:
              Static strength: plank hold, 1 arm plank hold, 1 leg plank hold, 1 arm 1 leg plank hold, ab wheel rollouts (knees or standing), etc
              Explosive strength: medicine ball side toss, medicine ball slams, power boxing rounds on heavybag, etc
              Other: medicine ball drops on abs and sides, partner drills where the partner beats on your midsection, abdominal vacuums, etc

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
                julio shut the **** up. thatll do us all some good! fake boxer!!
                I was expecting something ******ed like that from the forum bum who can't even be arsed doing his stretches! If I am a fake boxer, i will take that as a compliment because the hard work makes it easier for me in the ring. You can be as REAL as you want REAL boxer, and lick the canvas like your real fighter hero in your avatar, lol. If that is a REAL fighter, I'll pass
                Originally posted by mr tricky View Post
                you are clueless,

"I do 400 raises, 400 sit ups and 400 frog crunches " you are clearly doing them wrong , sooooooooo wrong, you cant do 400 of any sit ups if you do them propely and properly workout your muscles, you will be cheating without knowing it
                This is pure bull****, and evidence of the limited belief system that holds so many back. There are many pro's who do MORE than that, so you saying it is not possible to do that many corectly is dumb as ****. Doing them in hundredfs is not even that hard! Fatso's think it is and stick to doing sets of 10's and 20's but surprise surprise they get NOWHERE.

its easy to feel really sore after a workout , especially if youve just begun exercising that body part, feeling sore the next day is a clear indication youve worked that body part propelry and that its going to respond by growing stronger for you next workout,
                That is exactly why I said he should build the quantity up GRADUALLY over time. There is no need to rusgh to get to high levels of fitness, so long as you are taking yourself to the limit. Build it up in a reasonabvle time frame as expected, but soreness doesn't necessarily mean overtraining unless it is extremely bad. All athletes experience soreness after training. If they avoided training to soreness levels, they would never get fit enough in time for events and competitions!

Comment

listen to julio

Comment

Working...
                  X