View Full Version : what breathing techniques do you use to stay calm

DJ QUIK
12-03-2008, 06:59 AM
what tactics do you use to not panic when getting hit with a good shot and shakin up. i heard some boxers say they clinch and breath deep and relax but whats the best tactic? also what breathing techniques take away anxiety namely butterflys? i get so excited i get tense before i spar and this drains me how can i kill the excitement?

SOY-COMO-SOY
12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
what tactics do you use to not panic when getting hit with a good shot and shakin up. i heard some boxers say they clinch and breath deep and relax but whats the best tactic? also what breathing techniques take away anxiety namely butterflys? i get so excited i get tense before i spar and this drains me how can i kill the excitement?

I use to get the butterflies before a match, then a guy from my gym told me not to think about it. And if that dont work then just keep telling yourself that you are gonna murder this dude. It helps for me.

Nu Jerzey Devil
12-03-2008, 12:39 PM
1. Inhale.
2. Exhale.

Repeat ALWAYS repeat.

Bendigo
12-03-2008, 01:59 PM
1. Inhale.
2. Exhale.

Repeat ALWAYS repeat.

:lol1: I do as previously mentioned: Forget it. Shrug it off. If you get hung up on getting hit, then you forget about hitting.

JulioCesaChavez
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Stop thinking about it too much. Tell your own brain to stop worrying, and it probably will! This will come with experience. As for the actual scenario in the ring when you get hit, how I automatically react to this is by getting back on them straight away. Make sure they are wary of the wounded tiger. If you show signs it affected you and that you are hurt, it will become a self fulfilling prophesy and you will get your arse beaten down like a ***** as they will be galvanised into furthering their attack. Show no emotion in difficult situations during the fight and go back to the plan that you were on before you were hit!

mishka80
12-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Breathe through your nose not through your mouth.

This should be second nature to you.

Equilibrium
12-04-2008, 12:46 AM
In the ring, breather normally, your mind is not supposed to be focused on your breathing but on your fighting/sparring.

But when you are nervous before sparring i got a tip for you.

-Inhale through your nose for 5 seconds, as deep as you can.

-Pause for 1 second.

-Exhale through you mouth, take about 5 seconds too.

Rince and repeat, you can do it with your eyes closed.

DJ QUIK
12-04-2008, 11:25 AM
In the ring, breather normally, your mind is not supposed to be focused on your breathing but on your fighting/sparring.

But when you are nervous before sparring i got a tip for you.

-Inhale through your nose for 5 seconds, as deep as you can.

-Pause for 1 second.

-Exhale through you mouth, take about 5 seconds too.

Rince and repeat, you can do it with your eyes closed.

beautiful thank you

DJ QUIK
12-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Stop thinking about it too much. Tell your own brain to stop worrying, and it probably will! This will come with experience. As for the actual scenario in the ring when you get hit, how I automatically react to this is by getting back on them straight away. Make sure they are wary of the wounded tiger. If you show signs it affected you and that you are hurt, it will become a self fulfilling prophesy and you will get your arse beaten down like a ***** as they will be galvanised into furthering their attack. Show no emotion in difficult situations during the fight and go back to the plan that you were on before you were hit!

thank for the advice but that om u sent my about you wanting to expirement with an american guy really made me look at you differently . i ahave rockstar confidence and male model looks compiled with zab judah quikness and mike tyson power. i know this is incredible but dont lust after me. i lust after jolie.:boxing:

Squabbles94806
12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
DEEEEEEEEP inhale through your nose from the BOTTOM of your lungs....hard long exhale through your mouth with puckered lips.

Short sharp violents breaths exhaling through your nose; followed by long deep breaths through your nose and exhaling through your mouth with puckered lips.

make a noise when you exert energy. Like a grunt almost. let the air out, express your insides, tighten your core.

Rinse your mouth thoroughly and come out fighting at the bell.

DJ QUIK
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
DEEEEEEEEP inhale through your nose from the BOTTOM of your lungs....hard long exhale through your mouth with puckered lips.

Short sharp violents breaths exhaling through your nose; followed by long deep breaths through your nose and exhaling through your mouth with puckered lips.

make a noise when you exert energy. Like a grunt almost. let the air out, express your insides, tighten your core.

Rinse your mouth thoroughly and come out fighting at the bell.

i heard this helps wonders man. and i try to remeber to do it but i forget. i used to do it and i went up in endurance by two rounds man. how can i rember and whats the best way to do it. grunt or hiss like mike

JulioCesaChavez
12-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Hiss like Mike and everyone else. The grunting doesn't work IMO and probably uses up more energy! It really improves the timing of your exhale

Squabbles94806
12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
i heard this helps wonders man. and i try to remeber to do it but i forget. i used to do it and i went up in endurance by two rounds man. how can i rember and whats the best way to do it. grunt or hiss like mike

Don't retain it in your brain, retain it in your body. Remember? Muscle memory?

When your in the ring sparring/fighting get your body in tune with your breathing.

Personally, (during sparring) i start off breathing regular getting into a rythm...ya know through the nose exhaling...then the first wind kicks in....then i start snapping out my exhaling through the nose....along with breathing deeeep in and out of the nose....then the 2nd wind kicks in....then i start making some noise or grunting when i'm not engaged i take that advantage to breath sometimes through my mouth...then the 3rd wind kicks in....by the time that happens, i'm not even there...i'm in a zone.

Between rounds regain your focus. Make some noise. Grunt, groan, battle cry...this helps your brain get in focus.

My body's grunting, and groaning, shouting...at the same time my brain is saying: "Fcuk this guy!! C'mon, let's go. Let's go. Let's go. fcuk it"

yaddada?

DJ QUIK
12-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Hiss like Mike and everyone else. The grunting doesn't work IMO and probably uses up more energy! It really improves the timing of your exhale

how bout i hiss like your heavy chested aunt who works at the local pub? huh ?! you canvas tasting sissy man!!! but i think hissing is the best also. *****:fest30:

DJ QUIK
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Don't retain it in your brain, retain it in your body. Remember? Muscle memory?

When your in the ring sparring/fighting get your body in tune with your breathing.

Personally, (during sparring) i start off breathing regular getting into a rythm...ya know through the nose exhaling...then the first wind kicks in....then i start snapping out my exhaling through the nose....along with breathing deeeep in and out of the nose....then the 2nd wind kicks in....then i start making some noise or grunting when i'm not engaged i take that advantage to breath sometimes through my mouth...then the 3rd wind kicks in....by the time that happens, i'm not even there...i'm in a zone.

Between rounds regain your focus. Make some noise. Grunt, groan, battle cry...this helps your brain get in focus.

My body's grunting, and groaning, shouting...at the same time my brain is saying: "Fcuk this guy!! C'mon, let's go. Let's go. Let's go. fcuk it"

yaddada?

thank you bra. with each post your making me want your athletic balls in my hands more and more you big heavybag hittin stud:hitit:

JulioCesaChavez
12-04-2008, 11:51 PM
how bout i hiss like your heavy chested aunt who works at the local pub? huh ?! you canvas tasting sissy man!!! but i think hissing is the best also. *****:fest30:

you do talk a load of ****, which si why you make multiple posts in a row. I bet grade 3 hasn;t covered using multi quote yet. I ain't a dirty infidel and my aunt doesn't work in smelly dirty pubs like yours, where she charges the tricks $10 for a pint and a condom free BJ!

You ask silly questions and milk your threads to ****! :rofl: WTF, I can understand needing advice on your knee but now you need help on how to breathe :pat:

DJ QUIK
12-05-2008, 01:13 AM
you do talk a load of ****, which si why you make multiple posts in a row. I bet grade 3 hasn;t covered using multi quote yet. I ain't a dirty infidel and my aunt doesn't work in smelly dirty pubs like yours, where she charges the tricks $10 for a pint and a condom free BJ!

You ask silly questions and milk your threads to ****! :rofl: WTF, I can understand needing advice on your knee but now you need help on how to breathe :pat:

listen here you dirty forign scumbag ****.... i want to be a champion so im taking the right precautions unlike you whos dream is to become a gatekeep and tune up fight for a legit fighter u cum stain. i hate foreigners like yourself with no 1st let alone secondary education. you need to trade in your jab for a book and some councilor u piss taster. i will be champ one day and you will be on my payroll lil girl

DJ QUIK
12-10-2008, 12:40 PM

**** talkin lets fight ***!!

Squabbles94806
12-10-2008, 12:45 PM
**** talkin lets fight ***!!

I think you guys should actually schedule a fight. If you're in the same weight class, same status, and ***** in the same region.

Are you guys pros or amatuers?

DJ QUIK
12-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I think you guys should actually schedule a fight. If you're in the same weight class, same status, and ***** in the same region.

Are you guys pros or amatuers?

im heavy right now workin my way back down to cruiser. ill be their by spring. and ill be ready to knock that sissy mans block off. i want you to promote it. ill do it for free like when i slept with his sister:boxing:

d_lyrik803
12-10-2008, 12:50 PM
i really dont have any specific breathing techniques, just make sure breathe in through my nose.

in between bells tho, i try to suck in as much air as i can with one inhale, i try to get as much oxygen to my blood as i can during that small 30 sec or 1 min break.

DJ QUIK
12-10-2008, 12:54 PM
i really dont have any specific breathing techniques, just make sure breathe in through my nose.

in between bells tho, i try to suck in as much air as i can with one inhale, i try to get as much oxygen to my blood as i can during that small 30 sec or 1 min break.

how do you achieve this? and have you seen tera patricks feet?

d_lyrik803
12-10-2008, 01:00 PM
i mean i dont know, like i said i dont really have specific breathing techniques.

i guess i just concentrate on breathing deeply and long, then exhale. i dunno if its a mental thing or its just the fact that im getting more oxygen in my system but it seems to work for me, i feel ready to go in 30 to 60 secs.

n tera patrick's feet? nah

Squabbles94806
12-10-2008, 01:02 PM
im heavy right now workin my way back down to cruiser. ill be their by spring. and ill be ready to knock that sissy mans block off. i want you to promote it. ill do it for free like when i slept with his sister:boxing:

Are you in the pros or amatuers?

Where are all ya'll from?

I'm from SF Bay Area. The boxing scene is aiite out here.

DJ QUIK
12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Are you in the pros or amatuers?

Where are all ya'll from?

I'm from SF Bay Area. The boxing scene is aiite out here.

am. im from detroit and whos your favorite **** star and hows her feet?

DJ QUIK
12-10-2008, 01:07 PM
i mean i dont know, like i said i dont really have specific breathing techniques.

i guess i just concentrate on breathing deeply and long, then exhale. i dunno if its a mental thing or its just the fact that im getting more oxygen in my system but it seems to work for me, i feel ready to go in 30 to 60 secs.

n tera patrick's feet? nah

do u even know who tera is?!!!!

d_lyrik803
12-10-2008, 01:11 PM
****star? thats the only tera patrick i know.

DJ QUIK
12-10-2008, 01:16 PM
****star? thats the only tera patrick i know.

yes thats my **** sucking gorgeous foot asian goddess!!!!:hitit::luvbed:

j
12-10-2008, 11:07 PM
didn't i already speak on this? anyways, the more u can relax, the more oxygen is able to be delivered to your muscles from a breath. why? because the more tense your muscles are, and the more they work, the more oxygen the will need. so RELAX as much as possible. even in the midst of a fight.

boxingsmash69
12-11-2008, 02:09 AM
yes thats my **** sucking gorgeous foot asian goddess!!!!:hitit::luvbed:

speaking of Tera Patrick, her Fleshlight vagina model just got released:

http://www.fleshlight.com/flg/

edit: whoops, the site just went down.

Smokin'J
12-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Nose in,
Mouth out.

Hook00513z
01-01-2010, 08:38 PM

To me, the definition of boxing is beating Mike Tyson's record and becoming the youngest heavyweight champion and the greatest and most exciting fighter ever.

And in order to be a boxer, you have to be a mean crazy mother****er who smells fear and bobs and weaves and slips and moves inside to unleash hell and kill.

So if you are this man, box. If not, go return your gloves to wal-mart. A fighter has to have fear. Fear is the fight or flight response to danger, and if you control it, you can fight. Fight through it. end of story.

if youre boxing to kill the mother****er, and he hits you, it will frustrate you, make you laugh, but if you get butterflys, wtf?you need to change your mentality or not box

putaloco
01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
poker face baby!

F l i c k e r
01-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Sucking toes eh? Never tried that. I hate feet, so I see why I never have.

For breathing. I basically do what GSP (georges st. pierre) does. He puts his hand behind his head, and his thumb on the center of his chest (between the pecks). Then you rub. Rub the back of your head, and the center of your chest(with your thumb). I think it works. I do it before I do high intensity things. There are pressure points in both those areas, so it should work for you.

If you get hurt during a fight. Your pretty much screwed on the breathing thing. There are so many things that need to be done that if you focus on taking deep breaths, you can get "lights out". Clinching is pretty much all you can do. Unless you have Gatti type of endurance.

DJ QUIK JR.
01-03-2010, 02:25 AM
To me, the definition of boxing is beating Mike Tyson's record and becoming the youngest heavyweight champion and the greatest and most exciting fighter ever.

And in order to be a boxer, you have to be a mean crazy mother****er who smells fear and bobs and weaves and slips and moves inside to unleash hell and kill.

So if you are this man, box. If not, go return your gloves to wal-mart. A fighter has to have fear. Fear is the fight or flight response to danger, and if you control it, you can fight. Fight through it. end of story.

if youre boxing to kill the mother****er, and he hits you, it will frustrate you, make you laugh, but if you get butterflys, wtf?you need to change your mentality or not box

what the hell made u bump this after a year and where did u find it?

Hook00513z
01-03-2010, 12:42 PM
this is the stupidest forum ive seen in my life. its like a club of the same 3 or 4 people talkin about dumb **** on the internet. i see people with the same ****in avatars and **** every thing. im searchin these forums on an account i just started usin to LEARN things, and maybe help others, so i put my answer. its a year old?then why the hells it in page 2 or 3

training and nutrition page 2 or 3.

skyler
01-03-2010, 01:32 PM
this is the stupidest forum ive seen in my life. its like a club of the same 3 or 4 people talkin about dumb **** on the internet. i see people with the same ****in avatars and **** every thing. im searchin these forums on an account i just started usin to LEARN things, and maybe help others, so i put my answer. its a year old?then why the hells it in page 2 or 3

training and nutrition page 2 or 3.

Go back to jackin off over Mike Tyson videos ******.

DJ QUIK JR.
01-05-2010, 02:25 AM

training and nutrition page 2 or 3.were u being harsh or sarcastic to me?