View Full Version : Liverpool clutching at straws...

Pot Noodle
12-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Just seen this link

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162300081201-1544.htm

Ask any Kopite how many League titles Liverpool Football Club have won and 99 times out of 100 they'll tell you it's 18.

It's widely regarded as the record number of championship triumphs in England, but in actual fact, we've won 20.

We won one in the First World War and another one in the Second World War.

It's generally accepted that you are not really supposed to count those, but I know there are some clubs that are starting to include them in their honours list.

Whether you add them to the other 18 or not - the fact is that Liverpool have won two other championships.

Need proof of that?

Well, in the museum we have the Championship trophy from the 1942-43 season. It's from the North Championships Second Round competition. It may sound a bit complicated, but what it basically means, is that England was split up into the North and South to cut down on the amount of travelling.

They cut the fixture list in half too, because there was a fear that England may have been invaded and they weren't sure whether they would be able to complete a full season.

In some ways it sells the players short to discount them from the overall number of titles. The games were being played in very dark times under the shadow of war and so they were hardly taking it easy.

The trophy is quite modest in size because resources were very scarce, but it was regarded as something of morale-booster to have something to play for.

I'm rather fond of it and if our rivals start to get too close then I suppose we could start to count the 20, couldn't we!?

Christ they'll be claiming trophies off FIFA and Pro Evo soon.

JulioCesaChavez
12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
In any case we are still ahead you jealous keyunt! It is actually 21 in that case because Companies House has on record that when Everton and LFC founder split and the blue****e ****ed off to Goodison park, the new club changed the company name from Everton Football Club and Athletic Grounds to Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds. As the new club was founded by person who owned Anfield which was home to Everscum, and he only changed the company name it means the league they won before that belonged to him. Take on league off the blue****es record and give it to us, because we OWN it, lol. It was not a new company, but a change of name! I would say we definitely have 19 leagues and number 20 is coming along a few weeks before number 6.

Savino
12-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Kopites are Gob****es!

JulioCesaChavez
12-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Kopites are Gob****es!

You've been trolling www.onthekop.net/forums I see! Why would you do such a thing? Jealousy?

Savino
12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
You've been trolling www.onthekop.net/forums I see! Why would you do such a thing? Jealousy?

Why would I go on a Liverpool fansite? everyone Liverpool fan in the world are full of ****e.

War For 94
12-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Murderers.

beecherhq
12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Murderers.

Evile! I saw them in halifax when they were a metallica cover band called metal militia

JulioCesaChavez
12-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Why would I go on a Liverpool fansite? everyone Liverpool fan in the world are full of ****e.

You're a poncey Cheshire cat from Widnes which says it all, you upper crusted cheese and cracker eating ***get! Go suck a big aritocratic dick with ya stiff upper lip you snooty mother****er.

War For 94
12-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Evile! I saw them in halifax when they were a metallica cover band called metal militia

Have you checked Enter The Grave album out? I recommend.

beecherhq
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Have you checked Enter The Grave album out? I recommend.

Only heard it once, not properly listened to it. My brothers got it so i'll probably give it another listen sometime

JulioCesaChavez
12-03-2008, 07:10 PM
How do you quailos listen to that ****? That devil music gives me a ****ing nosebleed.