View Full Version : My 2nd Fight - V I D E O -

JUHL
11-30-2008, 04:57 PM
my second fight, at the National Guard Armory in Lincoln Nebraska. please post comments and advice

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cjQ-9cjqNQ

mishka80
11-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Congrats on your win! When did you start boxing?

Fidayeen
11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
you were throwing too many pucnhes and too fast, u should watch shawn's fight to see how its supposed to be done

JUHL
11-30-2008, 05:43 PM
thanks for the advice, keep it coming. and i started about 1 year ago

ScottDBA
11-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Good job.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cjQ-9cjqNQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cjQ-9cjqNQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

twanky1
11-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Not too bad mate. To be honest I hear you talk bout all your different gloves ect and I expected you to be one of these lads that has all the gear and no idea.

You seem at about my skill level or higher. I havnt had a fight yet due to injuries nor have I been to the gym since I strained my back at work. Im really missing sparring.

JUHL
11-30-2008, 10:19 PM
ha, thanks man. and get back in the gym!

peewee1460
11-30-2008, 10:31 PM
entertaining fight, what weight are you?

JUHL
11-30-2008, 10:36 PM
in this particular bout, we were prematched, so cutting weight wasnt much of an issue, but usually ill fight 145-155 depending on how my weight is prior to the fight

Salty
11-30-2008, 11:46 PM
you were throwing too many pucnhes and too fast, u should watch shawn's fight to see how its supposed to be done

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Domey
12-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Good fight, specially considering it's only your second. You look better then 90% of the novices I have seen, can tell you been in the gym and had decent sparring for a while.

As far as the Shawn comment, take that as a joke and not serious, because that's what it was =). You would take Shawn to school.

A couple of things I noticed(Only watched the first round and part of the second). You are to squared up, you are leaving a big opening to your body with how you hold your hands. Secondly when you jab, you often bring your right down and back(Very common mistake). Also, you threw a couple of upper cuts from the outside. That is very dangerous and leaves you wide open to a bunch of different counters, I would be extreemly careful throwing this punch(Personaly, I never throw an uppercut on the outside unless someone is comming in and I am pivoting).

You also may want to work on your footwork a bit, you got twisted up a few times and lost your balance.

Other then the few things, there isn't much more you could do better right now. It will all come with experience. Keep at it and I am sure you'll do good in this game.

JulioCesaChavez
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Keep it up and you will improve. I like the fact that you are a tidy boxer, unlike many novices who scrap like bums and do not have a clue. Lol, fidayeen was taking the piss out of Shawn and being sarcastic! Don't watch his vids looking for tips, but watch them for comedy.

JUHL
12-01-2008, 01:05 PM
thanks guys, keep it coming

supRa
12-01-2008, 03:20 PM
wacthin this makes me wanna train again LOL
good job keep it coming!!!! i dont wanna sound like shawn or anthing but just stick to ur jab and u can dominate a fight, and faint ur fighter that creates openings....

damn thats a big trophie!!! lol

djsygo
12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
for some reason i cannot open the page clicking on the link...can you embed it for me?

JUHL
12-01-2008, 08:50 PM
idk how, or i would have done that. theres a link to it on my first post.

JUHL
12-03-2008, 03:10 PM
as far as "shawn!!" goes, i have no comment.

lilevil
12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
congrats on the win. you looked more experinced then only ur second fight. keep it up

Lovely
12-06-2008, 02:48 PM
you need to sit down more, and not drop the right hand (when you jab mainly. thats asking for a left hook counter). sitting down will keep you balanced, and keep your shoulders aligned better to maintain a strong stance. youve got a weird half guard style. move your right hand to the other side of your face when you jab (etc). you need to stop backing straight up as well. if youre against someone whos always coming forward you will be totally dominated. move your body forward if not your hands. you were getting hit when you were pulling back, so theres no point in doing it. either pivot or slip and pivot. you came off balance multiple times and i think thats where you need to focus most. good stuff tho. (im writin this as i watch) keep BOTH your hands up. i really like the way you position your hands, suuuper sick style. post more videos.

Noy
12-06-2008, 04:48 PM
first of all, nice job. here are my comments / suggestions:

your jabs seem predictable. I could tell when you were about to jab just by looking at your feet. you are also throwing too many single jabs. change it up and throw two. change the speed of your jab, like a changeup in baseball. Most if not all of your jabs were to the face... throw a few jabs to the body so you make him drop his hands... THEN aim for the face. finally, you were dropping your left after your jabs. If I was fighting you, I'd smack you with a right hook (i'm a southpaw).

you threw a few lead uppercuts from the outside there. big no no. you were winding up your cross like a pitcher. could see it from a mile away.

great job attempting some counters and not getting phased while your opponent was attacking you. you were going in and out nicely, but you could have followed with a cross or another jab imeediately after you stepped out. (jab, step out, cross) etc.

with those said, you have good potential. just work on your hand speed, agility, and movement. and keeo your hands up.

Lovely
12-09-2008, 12:33 AM
if u wanna throw a punch like a lead uppercut, change the angle of your jab. tuck it under your chin, and throw it straight, but with your fist like its an uppercut. you can even throw it with your lead hand dropped... its a sick angle.