View Full Version : Does having a religion make you better at boxing?

nirojsri
11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I've noticed there are alot of religious boxers. Boxers who actually are religious.
I've noticed that even the top boxers are religious and thank their gods after wins.

I don't have a religion and I've noticed I am low on spirit and self confidence sometimes when I fight during sparring. Do people who box and have a religion have more spirit
and motivation when they fight thus they have more mental toughness and ability for when they fight? They believe that they will win?

are there any boxers who do not have a religion that are top boxers?

Oriachim
11-30-2008, 03:52 PM
fact, yes.

Charles Darwin
11-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Believing in Jesus actually gives you a bigger penis also.

FACT!!!

Barndog
11-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Believing in Jesus actually gives you a bigger penis also.

FACT!!!

The Pope has a super schlong.

Except he cannot use it.

Irony.

Charles Darwin
11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
The Pope has a super schlong.

Except he cannot use it.

Irony.

That's karma for all the times he arse raped little choir boys.

I reckon he still knocks one out every now and again over the virgin Mary.

Trrmo
11-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Religious faith can motivate people to do many things, mass suicides, genocide, torture and murder of those who are thought to be heretics or witches, support of evil regime and goverment etc.

As a matter of fact religious faith has always been a tool to get the ignorant masses to do the will of the powerful. So sure, boxers can use religious faith to motivate themselves and beat this **** out of someone, religion and violence go hand in hand.

I have no religion, and think religious faith is one of the biggest obstacle to human progress. I dont need superstition and myths or a " baby-killing, kitten-drowning, slavery-condoning, genocide-commanding sadistic god" to motivate myself.

Actually what motivates me is self belief and the ability to make choices and think for myself. Boxing is an individual sport so self belief is just as important as believing in a non-existent god.

Charles Darwin
11-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Religious faith can motivate people to do many things, mass suicides, genocide, torture and murder of those who are thought to be heretics or witches, support of evil regime and goverment etc.

As a matter of fact religious faith has always been a tool to get the ignorant masses to do the will of the powerful. So sure, boxers can use religious faith to motivate themselves and beat this **** out of someone, religion and violence go hand in hand.

I have no religion, and think religious faith is one of the biggest obstacle to human progress. I dont need superstition and myths or a " baby-killing, kitten-drowning, slavery-condoning, genocide-commanding sadistic god" to motivate myself.

Actually what motivates me is self belief and the ability to make choices and think for myself. Boxing is an individual sport so self belief is just as important as believing in a non-existent god.

Jesus still loves you. :lol1:

KostyaTszyu44
11-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I've noticed there are alot of religious boxers. Boxers who actually are religious.
I've noticed that even the top boxers are religious and thank their gods after wins.

I don't have a religion and I've noticed I am low on spirit and self confidence sometimes when I fight during sparring. Do people who box and have a religion have more spirit
and motivation when they fight thus they have more mental toughness and ability for when they fight? They believe that they will win?

religion is great and helps me with boxing sometimes i guess but you shouldnt be looking for a religion to solely help you in boxing, its means so much more than that

KostyaTszyu44
11-30-2008, 04:39 PM

money has made people do these things too....do you think money is a bad thing??

religion is like many things, great if used properly but easily abused by bad people

Trrmo
11-30-2008, 04:57 PM
money has made people do these things too....do you think money is a bad thing??

religion is like many things, great if used properly but easily abused by bad people

Money is different than religion, money is neutral unit of exchange to obtain or store wealth.

Money doesnt tell people what they should think or how they should behave.

ScottDBA
11-30-2008, 07:20 PM
It's certainly not a thing where you can just all of a sudden become a christian/muslim/jew and magically be better at boxing.

Some people may be more relaxed going into a fight, if they believe that god is watching over them and protecting them etc.

Others may think that's a rediculous idea. It's about what you believe in.

DutchDynamite
11-30-2008, 08:10 PM
being religious made me a calmer person. I box with more confidence and am more relaxed. This has greatly helped me to focus in and outside the ring.
I always pray to get my breath back while resting in between rounds. Some how it makes me recover faster even when i am really tired.

Naz Fan
11-30-2008, 08:22 PM
yes.......

TheBlackSwifty
11-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Totally all in da mind. God wont help you, thats bull****.

Ętwo hands working will achieve more than 1000 clasped in prayer"

**** religion

them_apples
11-30-2008, 11:10 PM

you are pretty ignorant yourself, you must get your opinions straight off the television.

I know a ton of religious people who are very nice and acceptable people, that's sad that you think religion only means that. For some people it's comforting - rather than believing in absolutely nothing.

KostyaTszyu44
12-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Money is different than religion, money is neutral unit of exchange to obtain or store wealth.

but religions (good ones anyway) dont tell people to be violent or kill

only people who abuse religions (such as how my religion, catholicism was abused throughout the ages) do that

Salty
12-01-2008, 03:20 AM

Great post, if you think you need religion to be a better boxer that is stupid. There's no magic bullet, either you have the will, desire and self belief or you don't, no amount of religion will change that. If you don't have it, maybe look for another sport.

KostyaTszyu44
12-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Great post, if you think you need religion to be a better boxer that is stupid. There's no magic bullet, either you have the will, desire and self belief or you don't, no amount of religion will change that. If you don't have it, maybe look for another sport.

yeah you need to have talent lol

but im saying it does help and its pretty comforting

i mean you see so many fighters wear rosary beads before they fight, its cos its comforting to know gods lookin out 4 u but u still need to fight to win lol

even i wear my rosary before i fight lol, just a good feeling you get from wearing them plus your representing your faith

Salty
12-01-2008, 06:48 AM
yeah you need to have talent lol

but im saying it does help and its pretty comforting

i mean you see so many fighters wear rosary beads before they fight, its cos its comforting to know gods lookin out 4 u but u still need to fight to win lol

even i wear my rosary before i fight lol, just a good feeling you get from wearing them plus your representing your faith

I find it more comforting knowing I have trained my ass off for hours each day to know i'm not the one whos going to get hurt. Rather than some god who's supposed to protect me, when even in the bible it shows that people who support him get beaten down on a regular basis.

I guess it's up the individual really, if it helps them good on them, but it's definitely not a necessity.

JulioCesaChavez
12-01-2008, 08:40 AM

All this is pure bull****. I'm glad you dropped in the word masses, because it was Karl Marx who said religion was an opium for the masses. His followers Moa and Stalin had no religion, but it did not stop them from being as brutal as a human can be. Their anti-religious agenda was similar to yours and quite....religiously followed! :rofl: Mao even said religion was poison and forced peaceful Tibetan monks to fornicate with nuns in the streets. I wish I had been one of them monks and busted one of them cherries open, lol! On a more serious note, being anti-religious did not stop him from killing babies for population control and in general as a brutal dictator. To this day, Chinese people kill daughters the same way Hindu's in India. False religion is a problem, but so is any false doctrine as this example shows. They are both doing same thing for different reasons.

Stats will probably prove this to be true. I think this is because non-religious people are empty inside, and therefore do not have it in the bread basket. Faith will probably help you in the ring, or any situation where your life is on the line and you KNOW it means something. But accept Islam for your salvation anyway.

Salty
12-01-2008, 09:20 AM
All this is pure bull****. I'm glad you dropped in the word masses, because it was Karl Marx who said religion was an opium for the masses. His followers Moa and Stalin had no religion, but it did not stop them from being as brutal as a human can be. Their anti-religious agenda was similar to yours and quite....religiously followed! :rofl: Mao even said religion was poison and forced peaceful Tibetan monks to fornicate with nuns in the streets. I wish I had been one of them monks and busted one of them cherries open, lol! On a more serious note, being anti-religious did not stop him from killing babies for population control and in general as a brutal dictator. To this day, Chinese people kill daughters the same way Hindu's in India. False religion is a problem, but so is any false doctrine as this example shows. They are both doing same thing for different reasons.

Stats will probably prove this to be true. I think this is because non-religious people are empty inside, and therefore do not have it in the bread basket. Faith will probably help you in the ring, or any situation where your life is on the line and you KNOW it means something. But accept Islam for your salvation anyway.

Like anything which has large influence over the masses it become corrupt, religion is no different. I don't think I need to say the line but who cares "Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely". How can something be a false religion? You can't prove it exists, they all are false religions unless of course you totally discount the fossil records of the last 3 billion years. But hey that is not the question here, if someone needs a "god" to make themselves complete I think they are missing a large part of self identity. If you are not willing to fight and defend your own life because you don't think it means something then your ****ing stupid and need to revalue your life. I actually pity people who have to rely on something external to give themselves peace, as they must be in a very dark place to have to resort to that.

JulioCesaChavez
12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Like anything which has large influence over the masses it become corrupt, religion is no different. I don't think I need to say the line but who cares "Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely". How can something be a false religion? You can't prove it exists, they all are false religions unless of course you totally discount the fossil records of the last 3 billion years. But hey that is not the question here, if someone needs a "god" to make themselves complete I think they are missing a large part of self identity. If you are not willing to fight and defend your own life because you don't think it means something then your ****ing stupid and need to revalue your life. I actually pity people who have to rely on something external to give themselves peace, as they must be in a very dark place to have to resort to that.It's not external! And the fossils and science do not contradict Islam, and in fact proves it according to the book by Maurice Buccaille. Each to their own is the best way to address this mass-debate. I just wanted to point out that religion cannot be blamed for man's inherent barbaric nature. People may have killed in the name of religion, but they will continue to kill each other as that is what a human is: a killer.

Salty
12-01-2008, 10:23 AM
It's not external! And the fossils and science do not contradict Islam, and in fact proves it according to the book by Maurice Buccaille. Each to their own is the best way to address this mass-debate. I just wanted to point out that religion cannot be blamed for man's inherent barbaric nature. People may have killed in the name of religion, but they will continue to kill each other as that is what a human is: a killer.

It does contradict islam, islam after all accepts the old testament therefor accepts that the world was created in 7 days. Well if religion can't be blamed for man's barbaric nature, who the **** can? After all God created us in his own image, must be one sadistic ****er with the kinds of scum in this world. It is an external source of faith and happiness, your not dwelling up the feelings of faith and safety from within yourself, your feeling that because some man in the clouds is looking out for you and if something happens you get to go up there and drink peyote with him all day. It provides a crutch for people who can not deal with the harsh reality which is planet earth.

Trrmo
12-01-2008, 10:41 AM

If people want to be religous it is their choice, I am not stopping them. Just dont enforce on those of us who dont believe. Just to the original poster that you do not need to have religious belief to motivate yourself.

Mao and Stalin also replaced religion with dictatorship by the state which is also terrible, thiey didnt actually realise the ideals of Marx anyway. Most humanist or athiests though support democracy and freedom of thought, not repressive regime.

Alsom, a little know fact about the pre-Maoist Tibetan regime is that the people were also often brutally repressed as much under the Tibetan feudal system. http://revcom.us/a/125/tibet-background-en.html

And all you have to do is read some of your posts such as the stuff you sent to Markeeta causing you to get banned to see that if you call yourself Muslim you are insulting your own religion.

Your posts Would you like to suck on my lollipop? Or maybe I can by you a long ice cream lolly so you can put it in all the way right back to your throat and close your eyes as you enjoy the cream. What do you think? it'll depend on the weather because in the cold it'll just have to be the lolly.

LOL

pity, some of your boxing posts I agree with all the way.

JulioCesaChavez
12-01-2008, 10:42 AM
In his own image? Old testament story is same as Islam? You have not done your research and know nothing about Islam. Like I said each to their own is best way to end this debate as it won;t go nowhere. I just wanted to point out the elusive obvious to you atheist fundamentalist fascist nutters and give a few examoples of non religious people and violence. Funny I mentioned fascism, because that was another secular barbaric ideology. Contrary to what Bush told you, Saddam's Baath party was alos a nationalist secular organisation. The list goes on and on.

rorymac
12-01-2008, 04:58 PM
religion is great and helps me with boxing sometimes i guess but you shouldnt be looking for a religion to solely help you in boxing, its means so much more than that does it?????

them_apples
12-01-2008, 05:17 PM
It's not external! And the fossils and science do not contradict Islam, and in fact proves it according to the book by Maurice Buccaille. Each to their own is the best way to address this mass-debate. I just wanted to point out that religion cannot be blamed for man's inherent barbaric nature. People may have killed in the name of religion, but they will continue to kill each other as that is what a human is: a killer.

I agree, I think nutcases sometimes use religion as a tool. There will always be nutcases, religion or not. Blaming it on religion is the easy way out. Athiest countries have often proved to be the most depressing and violent countries in the world. North Korea and Russia are some good examples.

Kelly Robinson
12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Good thread, didn't someone who posted here and boxed for a while stopped boxing because he converted to Christianity. He made a couple of very long threads informing everyone that he was quitting boxing for good because he thought that hurting another human being was wrong or a sin.

I wonder what he would say about this.

Religion motivated him to stopped training and he won't even watch a boxing match.

It depends on the person, but that's a good question.

dfwtx
12-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Good thread, didn't someone who posted here and boxed for a while stopped boxing because he converted to Christianity. He made a couple of very long threads informing everyone that he was quitting boxing for good because he thought that hurting another human being was wrong or a sin.

Religion motivated him to stopped training and he won't even watch a boxing match.

I didn't want to dog him on his own thread but I thought it was regrettable that he was quitting what he loved to appease a 2000 year old cult leader

TheTruthIs
12-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Yea, I don't get how God and this works. Putting my own beliefs aside, I'm not sure how anyone of any supposedly loving religion and God can say before a match in good faith..."OK God, let me beat the ever loving **** out of my opponent. Bring it for me, one time! Amen."

But hey...w/e works I spose.

phallus
12-02-2008, 03:08 AM

And all you have to do is read some of your posts such as the stuff you sent to Markeeta causing you to get banned to see that if you call yourself Muslim you are insulting your own religion.

Your posts Would you like to suck on my lollipop? Or maybe I can by you a long ice cream lolly so you can put it in all the way right back to your throat and close your eyes as you enjoy the cream. What do you think? it'll depend on the weather because in the cold it'll just have to be the lolly.

LOL

pity, some of your boxing posts I agree with all the way.

lots of people say they are a certain religion but don't really live it, i don't think we should take someone at their word when they say they are a believer and act like they are not. it does seem to me, though, that God gets the blame way too often for what men do, if some crazy guy thinks God told him to go shoot up a preschool or rape jodie foster it has nothing to do with God. history says the world has always been filled with violence, it always will be.

the guy that quit boxing because he didn't want to hurt people was superlightweight

mspiegelo
12-02-2008, 08:51 AM
without getting into my own beliefs, here's my opinion on how religion can help boxers...

religion helps boxers because it is similar to the most effective training method in which the boxer submits to a higher power... a competant trainer. the best way to train is to have a trainer, who the athlete can trust, to tell him what to do, so that he does not have to think and only has to to execute. religion has the same submission to a higher power, in god, so it can serve as another tool to provide the boxer with courage.

Another thing that comes to mind is something that Teddy Atlas said in a training seminar I attended once in that Boxing is contrary to human nature, which is to avoid conflict. Because human beings are naturally programmed to run from danger and not approach danger head-on, many defense mechanisms and coping devices are employed to overcome the inherent fear of having to fight. This is not to trivialize religon devotion as a coping device, but merely to suggest some psychological insight into some of the unconscious factors that might accompany the religous nature of many boxers.

One other reason, is that people who are religious usually manage to stay out of trouble. boxing requires devotion and clean living, in order to be successful, and those who have religion are usually able to stay out of troube.

JulioCesaChavez
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Being religious makes you into a better person. Especially if it is a semetic religion which is based on revealed scriptures. Without religion or even with a bogus belief in reincarnation, life has no meaning and there is nio point to it at all! think about this logically..

Salty
12-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Being religious makes you into a better person. Especially if it is a semetic religion which is based on revealed scriptures. Without religion or even with a bogus belief in reincarnation, life has no meaning and there is nio point to it at all! think about this logically..

I find much more meaning in my life when I don't listen to some bull**** book, life is hear to be lived my friend. Each person has their own way of dealing with it, personally I don't want to spend my short time on this planet in a church or praying to something which doesn't listen. Being religious does not make you a better person, good values make you a better person. After all these "good values" taught by religious beliefs has lead to murders of pro-choice activists, death threats to the writer of books and suicide attacks.

Each person needs to decide what they want out of their lives, if religion helps some people good on them. But just because you don't believe in religion doesn't mean they have no value or meaning in their life. So how about you think about this logically.

JulioCesaChavez
12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I find much more meaning in my life when I don't listen to some bull**** book, life is hear to be lived my friend. Each person has their own way of dealing with it, personally I don't want to spend my short time on this planet in a church or praying to something which doesn't listen. Being religious does not make you a better person, good values make you a better person. After all these "good values" taught by religious beliefs has lead to murders of pro-choice activists, death threats to the writer of books and suicide attacks.

We've already gone over this. Man's inhumanity to man has nothing to do with the presence of religion. Take it away and people will still find a reason to be cunts just like Chairman 'Religion is poison' Mao and Joseph ' religion is the opium of the masses' Stalin did! In hunter gatherer tribes through history, where they had no organised religion ther e were still murders etc. Bombs were not made my God, but by man.

Each person needs to decide what they want out of their lives, if religion helps some people good on them. But just because you don't believe in religion doesn't mean they have no value or meaning in their life. So how about you think about this logicallyThey don't. whcih is why so many atheists top themselves and think they will go to sleep or Disneyland! Without any faith, their lives are empty shells and this is a fact as there is no MEANING to life. This is why they don't have the balls to hang in there with all the top fighters who are almost always extremely religious people. Even the ones who don't seem to practise devoutly will have strong religious beliefs. Atheism is a characteristic of a geek or loner, not a fighter.

Trrmo
12-02-2008, 04:36 PM

Being religious does not make you a better person. Anyone could see this. Religion is full of hipocrisy. Look at the history of religion, horrific methods of torture during the inquisition, burning alive and killing. Such as scientists Copernicus for demonstrating the earth moved around the sun, or Gallileo. Or the history of sexual abuse by priests is incredible. The money scamming done by evangelists such as Jimmy Swaggert or the Bakers. Other fundamentalist religious people promote terrorism and violence. Even people such as the protestant reformer Martin Luther was a Jew hater and promoted violence towards them.

And as far as the semetic religions go, who decided which of the scriptures (thousands of different scriptures existed, and most are not included in the bible) were god inspired or which were phony? It was done at meetings of priests sometimes hundreds of years later than Jesus┤ time. And then they only did it by vote. (such things as belief reincarnation were only decided by vote as reincarnation was accepted by some early christians)

And of course the writings of the New Testament are rejected by Jews, the Jews and Christians reject the Koran as authentic. The Mormons have there own absurb later version of revealed scripture.

Then who decides on the correct translation of the scriptures? considering the old testament was mostly written without vowels, and the new testament with virtually no punctuation?

Even to this day the amount of the official accepted books in the Bible is disputed by different christian denominations.

The ancient scripture accepted today is also full of contradiction and inconsistency. Contains, adultery, genocide, rape, mass murder and submission of women just to name few.

I dont accept it as true, I dont believe in your god, and I dont think that you need to have a semitic or other religion to have meaning in your life. What religion has been about is power and control over the people, even the Pope recently said that there needs to be more obedience to the church. I think it takes more courage to take responsibility for your own life and actions than submitting to an enforced ignorance dictated by the church.

KostyaTszyu44
12-02-2008, 04:39 PM

good post........

KostyaTszyu44
12-02-2008, 04:49 PM
It does contradict islam, islam after all accepts the old testament therefor accepts that the world was created in 7 days. Well if religion can't be blamed for man's barbaric nature, who the **** can? After all God created us in his own image, must be one sadistic ****er with the kinds of scum in this world. It is an external source of faith and happiness, your not dwelling up the feelings of faith and safety from within yourself, your feeling that because some man in the clouds is looking out for you and if something happens you get to go up there and drink peyote with him all day. It provides a crutch for people who can not deal with the harsh reality which is planet earth.

heres where you are wrong

many catholics, jews and muslims believe that some parts of the bible, torah, koran etc are open to interpretation as this was a different time

7 days could mean 7 days as decided by god, which could be any amount of "human" time

god created us in his own peaceful and perfect image yes, but then humans were corrupted by original sin and therefore every human is tainted and inherently evil, even babies and jesus/god is the path to salvation

i could go on with what else you said wrong........

Salty
12-02-2008, 05:14 PM
They don't. whcih is why so many atheists top themselves and think they will go to sleep or Disneyland! Without any faith, their lives are empty shells and this is a fact as there is no MEANING to life. This is why they don't have the balls to hang in there with all the top fighters who are almost always extremely religious people. Even the ones who don't seem to practise devoutly will have strong religious beliefs. Atheism is a characteristic of a geek or loner, not a fighter.

No the reason why most of the top fighters are religious is that they were also generally from poor socioeconomic backgrounds. These poorer areas are usually highly religious, so it does go hand in hand, they aren't better boxers because of it, they were just raised that way. Aetheism is an informed choice and the very essence of a fighter, after all we are challenging the beliefs that billions of people around the world hold.

The_Visitation
12-02-2008, 06:15 PM
They don't. whcih is why so many atheists top themselves and think they will go to sleep or Disneyland! Without any faith, their lives are empty shells and this is a fact as there is no MEANING to life. This is why they don't have the balls to hang in there with all the top fighters who are almost always extremely religious people. Even the ones who don't seem to practise devoutly will have strong religious beliefs. Atheism is a characteristic of a geek or loner, not a fighter.

You don't need to believe in God to have meaning in your life and believe that life does have meaning. That meaning just doesn't have to include a God and an afterlife. Your caricature of atheists is ignorant bullsh*t.

Trrmo
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
7 days could mean 7 days as decided by god, which could be any amount of "human" time

thats just a so typical cop-out when the scripture doesnt fit the reality, change the meaning of it, so one day doesnt mean one day, but 1000 years or something.

Hagler★
12-02-2008, 06:25 PM
i think it does im muslim and islam helps me look after my body thus this impact on my boxing i dont drink (used to before i reverted), have never smoked or taken any drugs and i cut my parting down to special occasions and i think these things do provide an advantage

Salty
12-03-2008, 04:24 AM
i think it does im muslim and islam helps me look after my body thus this impact on my boxing i dont drink (used to before i reverted), have never smoked or taken any drugs and i cut my parting down to special occasions and i think these things do provide an advantage

If your serious about the sport you would do this anyways, you don't need the koran to tell you not to eat pig or drink alcohol.

KostyaTszyu44
12-03-2008, 05:27 AM
No the reason why most of the top fighters are religious is that they were also generally from poor socioeconomic backgrounds. These poorer areas are usually highly religious, so it does go hand in hand, they aren't better boxers because of it, they were just raised that way. Aetheism is an informed choice and the very essence of a fighter, after all we are challenging the beliefs that billions of people around the world hold.

that is such a typical snobby atheist upper class thing to say "religion is for poor people" is basically what you just said

id like to see the gym you go too, probably some health club where women in short shorts slap the pads to work up a sweat

TheTruthIs
12-03-2008, 06:03 AM
id like to see the gym you go too, probably some health club where women in short shorts slap the pads to work up a sweat

Sounds pretty awesome to me! :luvbed:

But that probably makes me a heathen, amirite?

DJ QUIK
12-03-2008, 06:08 AM
tera patrick gives me the huuuuuugest boners.....

Hagler★
12-03-2008, 09:35 AM
If your serious about the sport you would do this anyways, you don't need the koran to tell you not to eat pig or drink alcohol.

your saying this like every top boxer adheres to this

msagrain
12-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Doesn't help you in 1 bit imo.

Christus Regnat
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Your spiritual preparation in boxing or anything you do is as important if not more important than the physical. And your body and spirit are not disconnected. If one is lacking than the other will be lacking also and not in any small way. In fact your spiritual preparation is more important than the physical. And nobody wins or loses passes or fails anything except by God. And your religion determines who are also.

Example

Propaganda is a more effective and important tool of war than is a main battle tank. But of course propaganda is no good if it's lies and it's counter to Christ it will have the opposite effect. For this reason a modestly equipped divsion spiritually preparded would almost always defeat a 3 splendidly equipped spiritually depressed divisions. And if your Catholic your religion is going to determine entirely who are as fighter. Your whole being and your soul. It's the most important thing even in boxing.

Salty
12-03-2008, 10:29 AM
your saying this like every top boxer adheres to this

During training show me a fighter who goes out and binge drinks, I know Hatton does, but in his time off.

Christus Regnat
12-03-2008, 10:30 AM
And if you adhere to false gods and false spiritualities and heresies/false lights all these things will have a negative effect. Only the true Light in your soul is what gives it strength.

Salty
12-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Your spiritual preparation in boxing or anything you do is as important if not more important than the physical. And your body and spirit are not disconnected. If one is lacking than the other will be lacking also and not in any small way. In fact your spiritual preparation is more important than the physical. And nobody wins or loses passes or fails anything except by God. And your religion determines who are also.

Example

Propaganda is a more effective and important tool of war than is a main battle tank. But of course propaganda is no good if it's lies and it's counter to Christ it will have the opposite effect. For this reason a modestly equipped divsion spiritually preparded would almost always defeat a 3 splendidly equipped spiritually depressed divisions. And if your Catholic your religion is going to determine entirely who are as fighter. Your whole being and your soul. It's the most important thing even in boxing.

Yes I see so many AM's lose due to losing their spiritual essense, **** no they lose because they haven't trained hard enough. This debate is pointless as no side is going to change the others point of view.

Christus Regnat
12-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Yes I see so many AM's lose due to losing their spiritual essense, **** no they lose because they haven't trained hard enough. This debate is pointless as no side is going to change the others point of view.

Are you contending that the body is divorced from the spirit?

Hagler★
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
During training show me a fighter who goes out and binge drinks, I know Hatton does, but in his time off.

i mean in and out of training. Hopkins is in top condition and is able to fight at the top level at 43 becasue his fighting style but also because he is clean living in and out of training

them_apples
12-03-2008, 10:35 AM
We've already gone over this. Man's inhumanity to man has nothing to do with the presence of religion. Take it away and people will still find a reason to be cunts just like Chairman 'Religion is poison' Mao and Joseph ' religion is the opium of the masses' Stalin did! In hunter gatherer tribes through history, where they had no organised religion ther e were still murders etc. Bombs were not made my God, but by man.

To be honest, I can't think of any Top fighter who was an athiest. Look at Roy Jones even - he's not from a 3rd world country and he's deeply religious. I can think of fighters that didn't know much about religion, but never self proclaimed athiests.

This whole "I can believe in myself to give me motivation" is BS, that never works unless someone thrives on being lonely or empty....which few do. That saying is something Athiests like to say to look all epic online, but in reality they don't truly believe in themselves like they say. I think this is why everyone is so depressed these days, all trying to do everything on their own and stressing it out. If I was an Athiest I'd prob just say screw it and work at beckers for 80 years and not give a ****.

Hell, even Floyd Mayweather, as big of an idiot as he is - is religious.

Christus Regnat
12-03-2008, 10:36 AM
atheism requires more faith than the true religion does. It's absurd.

How did the stars get made (I dont know big boom)
DNA Strands (big boom primordial sludge)
where did teh big bang come from (no answer)
how does a horse evolve into a whale (evolution ) Hmm How many millions of evolutions and transitory creatuers are required for a horse to evolve in a whale? How does a horse living on land adapt so precisely to become a sea creature? This would take trillions of years you know?

And what about all the saints and their miracles (ah that's all made up)
What about Resurection of Christ (eh they stole the body)
what about when people die (the die and dont exist anymore they're gone for eternity)

It requires alot of ver particular faith to adhere to atheism you see
No real science can support this

Salty
12-03-2008, 05:01 PM
atheism requires more faith than the true religion does. It's absurd.

How did the stars get made (I dont know big boom)
DNA Strands (big boom primordial sludge)
where did teh big bang come from (no answer)
how does a horse evolve into a whale (evolution ) Hmm How many millions of evolutions and transitory creatuers are required for a horse to evolve in a whale? How does a horse living on land adapt so precisely to become a sea creature? This would take trillions of years you know?

And what about all the saints and their miracles (ah that's all made up)
What about Resurection of Christ (eh they stole the body)
what about when people die (the die and dont exist anymore they're gone for eternity)

It requires alot of ver particular faith to adhere to atheism you see
No real science can support this

A horse never evolves into a whale, well the earth has been around for 3 billion years, how does your bible explain the fact that we have only known about the major few religions for a few thousand years? The big bang cycle can still be seen today in the explosion of stars. DNA didn't come from primordial sludge, some think it was an off shoot from the self replicating RNA or a bolt of lightning through early atmospheric conditions. How do you guys explain dinosaur fossils?

If some facts in the bible are open for interpretation such as the world being made in 7 days, couldn't these "miracles" also be open for interpretation rather than word for word truth? Hell even Revelation is about the downfall of the Roman empire.

Trrmo
12-03-2008, 08:05 PM
For this reason a modestly equipped divsion spiritually preparded would almost always defeat a 3 splendidly equipped spiritually depressed divisions.

And if you adhere to false gods and false spiritualities and heresies/false lights all these things will have a negative effect. Only the true Light in your soul is what gives it strength.

I think you have swallowed too many light sabers Yoda.

KostyaTszyu44
12-04-2008, 03:27 AM
To be honest, I can't think of any Top fighter who was an athiest. Look at Roy Jones even - he's not from a 3rd world country and he's deeply religious. I can think of fighters that didn't know much about religion, but never self proclaimed athiests.

This whole "I can believe in myself to give me motivation" is BS, that never works unless someone thrives on being lonely or empty....which few do. That saying is something Athiests like to say to look all epic online, but in reality they don't truly believe in themselves like they say. I think this is why everyone is so depressed these days, all trying to do everything on their own and stressing it out. If I was an Athiest I'd prob just say screw it and work at beckers for 80 years and not give a ****.

Hell, even Floyd Mayweather, as big of an idiot as he is - is religious.

what religion is floyd?? christian i assume but i dunno hop is a muslim so floyd could be i suppose....

has he ever talked about it publicly??

Juof
12-04-2008, 08:00 AM
People Say When Im In The Ring Im On My Own This Is Wrong God Is With Me

Salty
12-04-2008, 08:16 AM
People Say When Im In The Ring Im On My Own This Is Wrong God Is With Me

**** wouldn't want to fight you then, after all he has done such kind things to his followers throughout the ages.

DA1CATAS
12-04-2008, 12:04 PM

:wtf1::wtf1: uhhh yes money does... just think for a second because i dont wanna have to name the many things money makes people do and what money can tell people to do.

and if you believe there is no God then the bible is just paper to you. The same as money. so think of that before your rebuttle if there is one.

Squabbles94806
12-04-2008, 12:36 PM
not religious side....spiritual side

Trrmo
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
:wtf1::wtf1: uhhh yes money does... just think for a second because i dont wanna have to name the many things money makes people do and what money can tell people to do.

and if you believe there is no God then the bible is just paper to you. The same as money. so think of that before your rebuttle if there is one.

Money is is just a store and measure of wealth, people do all sorts of bad things to obtain money sure. (bible - the love of money is the root of all evil, it doesnt just say that money is the root of all evil), but money in itself is neutral. Religion is a set a doctrines, beliefs and ways of behaviour it does tell people how to think and how to behave.

I didn┤t say there is no God, that would depend on your definition. Certainly I dont believe in the god of the Bible, because the bible is a collection of documents written over centuries, edited, re-arranged, at times inconsistent, contradictory, while being poorly understood and abused. To me it is the flawed work of man,and not something direct from god. all you need to do is look at the history of how the Bible came together to what it is today and it becomes obvious, this stuff isnt taught in schools. Religion for its own survival teaches it is better to believe or have faith, than think for yourself and question.

The Bible itself is not to blame for atrocities, it is the way people use it and have used it for their own purposes or to enforce their own political or personal agenda. Just look at the Christian right and fundamentalists in the US.

KostyaTszyu44
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
okay, look we've had a good debate but after all this is a boxing forum

lets just end this thread without any grudges and just get on with the boxing talk......just a thought