View Full Version : I Got A Question I'm Hoping someone Can Help Me Out With Regarding An Exercise..

crillz
11-23-2008, 04:30 AM
Does anyone know a good effective way to strengthen your jaw? an exercise to strengthen your chin? I'm talking about increasing the size of the muscle and hardening your chin overall to be able to recieve more punishment. I want to inherit chin training in my regiment, only thing is I train on my own so I have no one to show me and no way of learning.. that is as much of a improvable part of a fighter's physical ability as body work is. you strengthen your body so that you'll feel it less when hit there, I'm wondering if there is a chin exercise where I can improve the amount of punishment I can endure to the face. can anyone help?

KostyaTszyu44
11-23-2008, 04:37 AM
there is none

and go to a boxing gym

Equilibrium
11-23-2008, 04:44 AM
As far as the jaw goes, chew some gum i guess. Old schoolers used to make fighters chew some pine tree resin, is it effective though? Dunno. For the strenght of the neck, personally i do the bridge. They also sell neck lifting harness, it's pretty nice. Never used one though.

See:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/15214

For the skin of the face, heh, sparring and getting punched will do the trick.

crillz
11-23-2008, 04:50 AM
there is none

and go to a boxing gym

why is there always a cum bag? this site is full of stupid ass remarks out of left field man if you don't got nothing to contribute take ya stupid ass on

crillz
11-23-2008, 04:54 AM
As far as the jaw goes, chew some gum i guess. Old schoolers used to make fighters chew some pine tree resin, is it effective though? Dunno. For the strenght of the neck, personally i do the bridge. They also sell neck lifting harness, it's pretty nice. Never used one though.

See:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/15214

For the skin of the face, heh, sparring and getting punched will do the trick.

thanks man I'll look into it. thing is where I live there is hardly no Boxing gyms within range, it takes a trip and a half to get to a gym which probably costs a ****load of $$$ every month anyway. I train on my own to remain strong and able to defend myself and I'm good at it it's just I wanna be strong everywhere equally and chin strength is important, I don't have many resources to go and find **** like this out so thanks for ya input.. 1

Equilibrium
11-23-2008, 05:09 AM
There is another exercise i do, but its hard to put into words so here:

Basically you shrug with dumbells in your hands. Works need shoulder and the muscles that connect the shoulders to the neck.

Edit, check that page out, it has a lot of neck exercise, all the ones i mentioned and some more. The last one is the bridge i was talking about, take it easy with that one you can hurt yourself if not careful.

http://www.leehayward.com/neck.htm

crillz
11-23-2008, 05:25 AM
There is another exercise i do, but its hard to put into words so here:

Basically you shrug with dumbells in your hands. Works need shoulder and the muscles that connect the shoulders to the neck.

Edit, check that page out, it has a lot of neck exercise, all the ones i mentioned and some more. The last one is the bridge i was talking about, take it easy with that one you can hurt yourself if not careful.

http://www.leehayward.com/neck.htm

Thanks man I appreciate the help, I'm going to start doing those resistance exercises, the ones where you press against your head with your hand 1 way and move your head against the direction that you pressing. that is a good, easy way to strengthen your neck region without having to use any weights.

AndyTravis
11-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Do the shoulder shrugs with dumbells or barbells, also lie on your back with your head slightly off the ground and raise it like you are nodding, do as many of these as you can without putting it entirely back on the ground and then shake your head like you're saying 'no'.

I've been able to take much stronger punches to the chin from these, in a short space of time.

mr tricky
11-23-2008, 07:10 AM
you dont have ''muscles'' opn your chin,
its not atchuly your chin and jaw that stops the knockout,
you cant build muslce aroud their,

knockouts all do do with nerves and your genetic make up,

when your bottom jaw is forced backwards so quickly , because your jaw has so many nerves it can cause the brain to shut off temporarily,
or if your head is knocked back so quikly then your nerves in your neck disconect or somthing,

you can do neck exercieses, to help prevent this

Equilibrium
11-23-2008, 07:19 AM
you dont have ''muscles'' opn your chin,
its not atchuly your chin and jaw that stops the knockout,
you cant build muslce aroud their,

knockouts all do do with nerves and your genetic make up,

when your bottom jaw is forced backwards so quickly , because your jaw has so many nerves it can cause the brain to shut off temporarily,
or if your head is knocked back so quikly then your nerves in your neck disconect or somthing,

you can do neck exercieses, to help prevent this

Actually, that's not being knocked out works at all.

It's your brain hitting the inside of your skull due to the force of the blow. Instead of explaining it in detail, watch this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cITQ5jRS_pA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cITQ5jRS_pA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Danny Gunz
11-23-2008, 08:16 PM
apparently shoulder workouts and things that help your neck help your chin but i have a hard time believing that but who knows, but my advice is use one of those neck harnesses

Southpaw16BF
11-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Some say necks weights can help you take a better punch.

JUHL
11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
if your looking to be able to take punches better, a neck stregnthener is the way to go, lay on the your bed, on in the ring, with your head hanging over the end. move your head up and down, side to side, and just all around to build those muscles up.