No announcement yet.

eye surgery...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye surgery...

I'm just wondering if anyone here ever got eye surgery and did boxing after that. I have bad eyes so im planning on getting lasek but I heard after you get surgery on your eyes you can't get hit or it messed your eyes up even more.

Guy at my gym got it done and couldn't spar for two months until it was fully healed, but everything is ok now.

Comment

It automatically fails your boxing medical so make sure your GP does not know about it, and make sure you lie about it in the medical.

Comment

Where did you get that info from Julio?

I wasn't asked about eye surgery for my medicals. Just a basic exam of reading certain lines on an eye chart, identifying colours and checking peripheral vision.

The guy at my gym has fought since he had the surgery and everyone knew he had it done. I doubt the coaches would let a guy fight when they knew he had a surgery that would make him ineligible.

I'm in Canada, so maybe it's different where you live, but I'm can't see a reason why it would be.

Comment

The new detailed medicals say it in big writing. I'm not renewing my card as I most likely will be going into pro's, where they also fail that. They told me before I booked my medical not to bother if I have certain things in med history. they were one of them things.

Comment

Damn. That sucks.

Comment

Nobody has to know about your eye surgery! that's probably how guy from your gym played it. i know someone who did tried that too but still failed eye test the blind ****!

Comment

I asked my college health teacher, because he got interlasek done. And he says what the eye doctor never tells you is that your eye will never fully heal because the beams from the laser. And my teacher knows i box and he said i shouldn't get it. because he has read reports where people get hit in the eye and have to go get lasek surgery re-done. He showed me one report he had in his briefcase that said some guy got in a car wreck and hit his eye on the steering wheel and he had to have the lasek re-d0ne. My teachers wife got interlasek also and their 1 year old daughter poked her in the eye and it messed up the flap in the eye that the doctor cuts, and she had to have lasek re-done in that eye.

so i have decided not to have lasek eye surgery done.

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
                  I asked my college health teacher, because he got interlasek done. And he says what the eye doctor never tells you is that your eye will never fully heal because the beams from the laser. And my teacher knows i box and he said i shouldn't get it. because he has read reports where people get hit in the eye and have to go get lasek surgery re-done. He showed me one report he had in his briefcase that said some guy got in a car wreck and hit his eye on the steering wheel and he had to have the lasek re-d0ne. My teachers wife got interlasek also and their 1 year old daughter poked her in the eye and it messed up the flap in the eye that the doctor cuts, and she had to have lasek re-done in that eye.

so i have decided not to have lasek eye surgery done.

bull**** sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by zip View Post
                    bull**** sorry.
                    Why the hell would i make that up.

Comment

Working...
                    X