View Full Version : Alcohol question..

Simpkon
11-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Another stupied question guys..

I know beer is obviously bad for you and puts on a lot of un-needed weight. However, I was wondering if the harder types of alcohol were better to drink as far as calories go? Like your vodkas, ect.

slickwalt210
11-20-2008, 01:12 PM

I know beer is obviously bad for you and puts on a lot of un-needed weight. However, I was wondering if the harder types of alcohol were better to drink as far as calories go? Like your vodkas, ect.
you would be better off not drinking at all, but most fighters drink. i've seen ray leonard drink, mike tyson and a host of others when they are not training... beer and wine are better than hard liqour. also, all white liqour is better because there less additives, like sugar artificial coloring etc.. look at me sounding like a true alcoholic. :) whwn i fought in germany my manager used to give me a glass of wine the night before a fight, so i could relaxe and sleep. it worked too, i compiled an amateur record of 98-21...

NeXt In Line
11-20-2008, 01:59 PM
I remember seeing a news story about how drinking a beer every so often is good for for you, and the association of beer with the "beer belly" is because people tend to eat greasy foods when drunk.

Either way, not drinking all together is the best way to go, even though it's tough.

Simpkon
11-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys..

the330ballers
11-20-2008, 02:58 PM

hard liquor is FATTENING. i dont drink beer so i dont know in comparison but the average bottle of 80 proof vodka will be 1600 calories, which would be about a half lb of fat. do a calorie search of hard liquors.. oddly enough those smirnoff twists have lower calories (although they are 60 proof)

sukhenkoy
11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Not to mention that when you do drink hard liquor, you're more likely to eat whatever you want, which would probably contribute more to the calorie intake than the actual drink itself.

rj_ct
11-20-2008, 04:16 PM
hard liquor is FATTENING. i dont drink beer so i dont know in comparison but the average bottle of 80 proof vodka will be 1600 calories, which would be about a half lb of fat. do a calorie search of hard liquors.. oddly enough those smirnoff twists have lower calories (although they are 60 proof)

wow, i actually did do a calorie search. that's pretty ridiculous when you consider what goes into making a whiskey/bourbon, or vodka. doesn't seem like the calories would add up.

JulioCesaChavez
11-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I remember seeing a news story about how drinking a beer every so often is good for for you, and the association of beer with the "beer belly" is because people tend to eat greasy foods when drunk.

This is because alcohol ****s up your blood sugar levels and makes them fluctuate so much that you crave that kebab or pizza. Losing your senses might also have something to do with why you might walk into the chippy instead of the Subway.

Alcohol is bad for you and will make you feel like a bum. Beer is disgusting and smells like poo, I don't know how the **** bums drink it and find it refreshing. It's for cretins and uncivilised peeps. A dirty redneck drink! the taste alone makes me sick. Wine smells like piss and tastes like vinegar. Bacardi, JD and Champagne taste ace but I doubt spirits or bubbly is much good for you either!

They are all the same and should be drunk in extreme moderation if you want to be a fighter. I limit it to every 3-4 months when I go on hols, which is about 3-4 times a year max. Even then it is maybe 2-3 shots of JD/Bacardi, or a few flutes of Champagne if I'm clebrating something. Nothing in small amounts will **** you up, even weed! Just make sure you have it quarterly and not even monthly. Even monthly is too much as it takes about a week for ya mind, body, and soul to clear. That'll take 3 months of training out of your year.

leff
11-21-2008, 07:01 AM

as far as calories yes, or it depends how strong you mix and what you mix with.

a pint of beer is bout 200 and an ounce of booze is 70kcal. a small straight serving with booze ore mix with sugar soda is less kcals than beer yes.

i dont se the big problem with an accasional drink

DJ QUIK
11-21-2008, 08:16 AM
i didnt know the term beer belly came from the fact people ate fattening foods when drunk. i thought that the yeast in the beer made your put on weight and pudgy.

PunchDrunk
11-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Don't get drunk, get PunchDrunk!

DJ QUIK
11-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Don't get drunk, get PunchDrunk!

i dont drink period. its pointless for me at this point in my life. to escape i listen to music or run. the high is 100x better and more enriching.

steptwome
11-21-2008, 09:38 AM
i didnt know the term beer belly came from the fact people ate fattening foods when drunk. i thought that the yeast in the beer made your put on weight and pudgy.

You are definitely on point here

PunchDrunk
11-21-2008, 10:27 AM
i dont drink period. its pointless for me at this point in my life. to escape i listen to music or run. the high is 100x better and more enriching.

Me either. Haven't had anything with alcohol in it since 1991...

JulioCesaChavez
11-21-2008, 10:35 AM

Exactly.... Exercise helps create the same endorphins people try to get artificially by having too much drugs. It's good to get pissed, **** some random bird and beat someone up once in a while though....

Simpkon
11-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all the responses guys..

Kayo
11-21-2008, 10:42 PM

congrats, i just turned 19 which is Legal Age here in Canada, so i've deffinaly been binging a bit. In the past few months i've cut it down significantly.

DJ QUIK
11-21-2008, 10:46 PM

91? how old are u mate?

JulioCesaChavez
11-22-2008, 02:29 AM
91? how old are u mate?

He is probably 91! Lol. I have only had one flute of bubbly since last time I was plastered which was on hols back in June. Hopefully one day I will also stop getting plastered just like punchdrunk did. He is a better man than me!

PunchDrunk
11-22-2008, 03:23 AM
91? how old are u mate?

I'm 36. I started drinking at parties around the age of 13, which is actually pretty normal around here... (crazy) I got tired and bored with it around 18-19 and just stopped. Got it out of my system early, you could say.

sukhenkoy
11-22-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm a better man than all of you because I've never had it to begin with, and don't plan on it. :) :) :)

JulioCesaChavez
11-22-2008, 02:14 PM
If either of you stopped for religious reasons then that is quite impressive IMO

sukhenkoy
11-22-2008, 05:26 PM
My whole family is Russian, so I grew up around alcohol all the time. From an early age, I hated how my parents and brother acted when they were drunk, so I started distancing myself from it right away. Now, as I'm older, I just stay away from it because I don't want a ****ty drink to control the way I act, and I don't need alcohol to be happy. Like DJQUIK said, I can feel good by exercising, listening to music, etc.

DJ QUIK
11-22-2008, 08:30 PM
If neither of you stopped for religious reasons then that is quite impressive IMO

either of you which were u referring to mate. i was just curios. nothing more

DJ QUIK
11-22-2008, 08:31 PM
My whole family is Russian, so I grew up around alcohol all the time. From an early age, I hated how my parents and brother acted when they were drunk, so I started distancing myself from it right away. Now, as I'm older, I just stay away from it because I don't want a ****ty drink to control the way I act, and I don't need alcohol to be happy. Like DJQUIK said, I can feel good by exercising, listening to music, etc.

and the benefits are more enriching and last longer . it just feels better qand both clear your mind and rebuild you not only cleansing your being.

JulioCesaChavez
11-23-2008, 02:13 AM
either of you which were u referring to mate. i was just curios. nothing more

Yeah I meant either, not neither! I was referring to yourself and sukenoy. I think it would be much easier if you grew up like myself with no alcohol in family and where it is seen as wrong. I think it will be easy for me to quit when I get older and especially if I have a family of my own, as I think it is wrong and wouldn't want my kids to be exposed to that ****. If it was normal and I was brought up with it I reckon a party animal and reckless genius like me would be ****ed up!

On another note, if anyone is wondering how to blend it when being sober and on pull it is easier than you think. I get to bone bare birds who are tipsy and they don't mind my soberness as I tell 'em straight I'm a badboy future world champ and play football too! That makes it OK. If you're cool with it then they are. No need to come out with moral or personal objections which might make you look boring and/or weird.

I tell birds I drink on hols and after big fights and matches which is true, but they never last that long to see that day as it's best to hit it and move on. Also, anyone who thinks footballers are spoilt overpaid brats you are wrong. Even in academy we could not party for the nights running up to big games. It's a tough sport. They have mor emoney making opportunities for the B Class guys but that oes not mean they do not deserve it. It's just that contenders deserve more too!

KostyaTszyu44
11-23-2008, 04:43 AM
i dunno, i dont see much of a point to getting pissed, lots of people around me, even ones on my state team plan to get drunk after titles , after exams etc but you know i just dont really have any interest, sure i dont mind a beer or a mixed drink maybe at new years or whatever but nah i just dont think ill ever be a regular drinker

PunchDrunk
11-23-2008, 05:10 AM
I quit drinking because I realized it is the lowest common denominator in thinking, and I'd rather not stoop to that ****. It's weak.