View Full Version : ab muscle work-outs

smash ko
11-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey everybody another thread;)

In january when i was in boxing season i had my body in top condition. fitness and everything were on a high i weighed 68kg and not a ounce on fight on me now im 75kg and yes thiers fat.

Through summer i was not in season and ate what a wanted did **** all fitness and went out with my mates and did crazy **** all summer.now in winter im back in season in high class serious boxing matches i need to get my abs back up high my rest of my body i can handle no doubt but twice a week at boxing they deal with my abs and give me the killer exersizes and ones i need to work on.

But for you guys i wanted some good exersizes to get a 6 ppack and strong big abs and how to build up to them because thiers no way i can do as many reps now as i could in january thanks guys. and ironmike if you could NOT come to this thread it would help alot thanks.

Chr0nic
11-16-2008, 10:27 AM
hey Everybody Another Thread;)

In January When I Was In Boxing Season I Had My Body In Top Condition. Fitness And Everything Were On A High I Weighed 68kg And Not A Ounce On Fight On Me Now Im 75kg And Yes Thiers Fat.

Through Summer I Was Not In Season And Ate What A Wanted Did **** All Fitness And Went Out With My Mates And Did Crazy **** All Summer.now In Winter Im Back In Season In High Class Serious Boxing Matches I Need To Get My Abs Back Up High My Rest Of My Body I Can Handle No Doubt But Twice A Week At Boxing They Deal With My Abs And Give Me The Killer Exersizes And Ones I Need To Work On.

But For You Guys I Wanted Some Good Exersizes To Get A 6 Ppack And Strong Big Abs And How To Build Up To Them Because Thiers No Way I Can Do As Many Reps Now As I Could In January Thanks Guys. and Ironmike If You Could Not Come To This Thread It Would Help Alot Thanks.

Oooo Burn!!!

Salty
11-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Lose the fat and you will see your abs, 6-packs are made in the kitchen. If you do a search of the forums you'll find a ****load of ab exercises.

Chr0nic
11-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Google is your best friend

Squirrel
11-16-2008, 11:17 AM
The key to a 6 pack is low body fat; this comes through exercise and good eating.

Developing the muscles themselves will help matters and give you a more aesthetically pleasing look; crunches, V's, Russian Twists, Bicycle crunches etc are all great, the key though is good form and technique - abs can be an absolute nightmare to develop if youre doing it wrongly.

Ia23n
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Abs aren't just made in the kitchen as alot of people say. You go look at the abs of a boxer (Look at Ricky Hattons, Mayweathers, Roy Jones ect.) and compare them to some normal skinny bloke with low bf.

Don't use the 'they're made in the kitchen' line to put you off working them, even if they don't show out they need to be worked. Any fighter who doesn't work abs shouldn't be allowed to fight, they're one of the most important boxing muscles.

Even if they don't show up they need to be strengthed.

smash ko
11-16-2008, 12:17 PM
as people say made in the "kitchen" i go for exersizeing the muscles rather then getting low body fat and i just went for my first 3mile run in a while getting back into it

JulioCesaChavez
11-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Do lots of running and lots of ab exercies. Ie. a normal boxing routine would get you there.

ironmike2008
11-16-2008, 05:34 PM
and ironmike if you could NOT come to this thread it would help alot thanks.

hhahahahaha the truth hurts doesnt it?

JulioCesaChavez
11-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Seriously man, even his quoted messages are hurting my eyes. i think everyone who uses this section regularly should put this ****er on ignore so he can't ruin any threads but his own!

smash ko
11-17-2008, 01:19 PM
if it not to do with the topic dont post!

Landon S
11-18-2008, 12:13 AM
For some reason I like this smash ko kid and want to help him. Weird...

Heres a few exercises you should look up, I believe a few can be found in dragondoor.com.
Standing rollouts with an ab wheel, Dragon flags (drawbridge, flags), Russian Twists, Incline Russian Twists, V-Ups, High Tension Crunches, Incline (or inverted) Crunches

^^^^those are a few of the harder ones I can think of right now heres some other easier ones you might know: tuck crunch, double crunch, leg raises, bicycles, standing dumbbell twists, chinnies, knee to elbows, twisting crunches, sit-ups, figure 4 crunches, lying toe touches, side crunches, hip thrust, wall walking, planks, side jack knife, kneeling rollouts

Personally I like to do circuits, some last a full round heres an example:
-30 seconds each: high tension crunches, tuck crunches, leg raises, chinnies, side jack knife, side jack knife (other side)
x 5 rounds (1 min rest between rounds)

-or-

Another example:
5 Dragonflags
12 V-Ups
16 Weighted Incline Russian Twists
x 5 rounds (1-2 min rest between rounds)
finish with a plank or chinnies until failure or burn

^^^that one's is likely too hard for you to do right now but its just an example

I like circuits because you cram alot of work into a shorter period of time, and you can (in a way) work past failure which builds better endurance in the muscles by switching up the exercises and muscles used.

smash ko
11-18-2008, 12:24 PM
ur a legend landon thanks for helping so much it gets dark at like 4 now so i crnt go to my 3mile running circuit i need to sort out my running