View Full Version : should I bother taking this.....

SOY-COMO-SOY
11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
I am gonna start running in the mornings again and im gonna take some whey protein a hour before i run but should I take some casein protein at night before I run?????

If yall dont know what casein protein is and the benefits click the link to watch a short video. The stuff he shows in the video is the exact stuff im thinking of buying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcnJBm7436k&NR=1

peewee1460
11-16-2008, 03:14 PM
you shouldn't take any of it

Fidayeen
11-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I am gonna start running in the mornings again and im gonna take some whey protein a hour before i run but should I take some casein protein at night before I run?????

If yall dont know what casein protein is and the benefits click the link to watch a short video. The stuff he shows in the video is the exact stuff im thinking of buying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcnJBm7436k&NR=1

whats ur goal? gaining or loseing weight?

SOY-COMO-SOY
11-16-2008, 05:21 PM
whats ur goal? gaining or loseing weight?

Well i need to loose around 20lbs of fat and gain 10-12lbs of muscle.

ironmike2008
11-16-2008, 05:31 PM
why should he not take protein?

protein is not only for bodybuilders, it enhances muscle recovery and maintenance of muscle.

peewee1460
11-16-2008, 05:32 PM
daily protein requirements can easily be reached through proper diet.

Fidayeen
11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Well i need to loose around 20lbs of fat and gain 10-12lbs of muscle.

u can't do it at the same time, u need to make a choice. first gain muslce then lose fat or first lose fat then gain muscle

ironmike2008
11-16-2008, 05:41 PM

unless you are a great cook or very rich its difficult to eat 6 good meals a day with sufficient protein. often you get sick of the same **** over and over, and meat is not cheap btw.

Fidayeen
11-16-2008, 05:43 PM
unless you are a great cook or very rich its difficult to eat 6 good meals a day with sufficient protein. often you get sick of the same **** over and over, and meat is not cheap btw.

indeed and u don't always have time to cook

ironmike2008
11-16-2008, 05:50 PM
inte min wehn?

SOY-COMO-SOY
11-16-2008, 06:38 PM
u can't do it at the same time, u need to make a choice. first gain muslce then lose fat or first lose fat then gain muscle

I understand this. I think im gonna loose the weight first.

So should I not take the casein protein until after i lost the weight and before i began to strength train.

Fidayeen
11-17-2008, 11:35 AM
I understand this. I think im gonna loose the weight first.

So should I not take the casein protein until after i lost the weight and before i began to strength train.

you can take cassein protein always i think, when ur losin fat or when ur gaining muscle. Isn't that type of protein you take before u go to sleep so that ur body has enough protein supply for the night?

Uchi Deshi
11-17-2008, 02:57 PM
The best way to consume protein is to alternate meals of casein protein and whey protein. There is an excellent article about it here:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=121

But remember, you can't build muscle at the same time you're burning off fat. In order to burn off fat, you have to use more calories than you're consuming. It's a mathematical formula. Still, when I'm losing weight, I cut out fat and all simple carbs, and eat only a few complex carbs. I mostly eat protein - fish or a whey protein supplement - and vegetables.

Remember, you should also eat smaller meals, but more often at least 6-8 times a day.

SOY-COMO-SOY
11-17-2008, 06:29 PM
The best way to consume protein is to alternate meals of casein protein and whey protein. There is an excellent article about it here:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=121

But remember, you can't build muscle at the same time you're burning off fat. In order to burn off fat, you have to use more calories than you're consuming. It's a mathematical formula. Still, when I'm losing weight, I cut out fat and all simple carbs, and eat only a few complex carbs. I mostly eat protein - fish or a whey protein supplement - and vegetables.

Remember, you should also eat smaller meals, but more often at least 6-8 times a day.

Good looking out:boxing:

JulioCesaChavez
11-17-2008, 10:09 PM

Spot on! You do not need to be a good cook either. By masala fish from the deli and slap it in the George Foreman grill. Fake protein is not that bad though for people into it casually and can help recovery and protein requirements. The seafood counter is always the better option. Stick it all in the grill and enjoy! Chicken masala breasts and tikka legs are also nice stuff from the deli that I never get sick of. Some mixed frozen veg in the grill to go with it, and lots of black pepper ready on the table will mean you never get bored of it as it never gets bland.

sukhenkoy
11-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Spot on! You do not need to be a good cook either. By masala fish from the deli and slap it in the George Foreman grill. Fake protein is not that bad though for people into it casually and can help recovery and protein requirements. The seafood counter is always the better option. Stick it all in the grill and enjoy! Chicken masala breasts and tikka legs are also nice stuff from the deli that I never get sick of. Some mixed frozen veg in the grill to go with it, and lots of black pepper ready on the table will mean you never get bored of it as it never gets bland.

Exactly. I still don't think that there is a good excuse for using supplements, when you can always just get your daily nutrition from eating healthy food. If you don't have time to cook, buy some nuts instead of that whey protein ****.

And ironmike, there are so many different foods out there that if you wanted to, you wouldn't get tired of eating the same ****. If you eat whey protein instead of meat everyday, you're still eating the same **** everyday, just it tastes 10x worse.

JulioCesaChavez
11-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Exactly! That can't cook excuse doesn't rhyme to me. You reap what you sow and how hard can this be:

Add lemon juice, olive oil, paprika (and/or masala) and garlic gloves to a blender mill or food processor. Use quantities according to taste. 0.5L of water should then be added and blend for 10 secs. You have a medium consistency marinade for any seafood or poultry which you can George Foreman grill the next day!

Another useful one:

Diced lamb on some skewers
Geroge Forman grill it with frozen mix veg
Add pepper
Enjoy

Red meat 1-2 times a week is healthy and gives you quality protein and iron. Don;t eat pig because you get neither, its full of fat and lacks nutrients and it is a filthy animal which will make you look and box loike gay Shawn.