View Full Version : Killer AB Workout

Ia23n
11-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Anyone got one i could do without much weight?

I only have upto 10kg in weight. I'd prefer doing something like 15reps and 4 sets...instead of 100s of crunches.

JUHL
11-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Leg Lifts?

d_lyrik803
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
do some planks, those will kill your abs.

The_Bull
11-23-2008, 10:43 PM
do some planks, those will kill your abs.

I go 60 seconds and its killer. I sweat like a mofo.

sukhenkoy
11-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Planks kill my triceps more than anything. Barely feel anything in my abs as a matter of fact.

As for killer ab workouts, there are plenty that will really make you feel the burn. Leg raises, proper crunches, v-ups. Ideally, I think you should be doing about 1000 repetitions of different ab exercises. Go for about 1-2 sets of 100 repetitions of ab exercises, start eating healthy, and you'll have a six pack in no time - if that's what you're aiming for. If not, you'll still have a strong core.

Landon S
11-24-2008, 04:06 PM
I like these. 30 seconds per exercise with 1 minute to 30 seconds rest between rounds for 4 rounds, your doing 100's of something but its not all crunches and if you mess around with the format you can make some real killer routines. Once I was able to do the first one with intensity I switched to the second one.

First One: crunches, situps, tuck crunches, Air bicycle or chinnies, side jack knife, side jack knife (other side)

Second One: High tension crunches (basically a 5 second hold at the hardest part), Knee Hugs, Double Crunches, Chinnies, Lying Leg Swings, Hyper extensions or supermen

P29
11-24-2008, 08:45 PM
planks are a killer

Salty
11-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Doing a hundred crunches isn't going to do much for you, try to find ab exercises which will keep you at maximum 30 reps. Once you get to 50 they are pretty much pointless exercise. Afterall to improve, you need to progress your exercises, increase the load, otherwise they aren't getting stronger, they are just improving endurance. Which your abs hardly need anyways as they stabilise your body all day long.

V-ups are good, when you can do 30 of those do them with a 10kg plate, when plank gets too easy do it with your arms extended out like an ab wheel rollout. Possibilities are endless, do a quick search on the net and you will find some good exercises.

d_lyrik803
11-25-2008, 12:23 AM
every once in a while like 3 times a month our trainers make us do ascending and descending plank/pushups.

start in the plank position for 10 secs, then perform 1 pushup, resume plank for 10 secs, then perform 2 pushups, and so on until you reach 10 pushups, then from there you descend from 10 sec plank/10 push ups, 10sec plank/9 pushups, and so on.

the seconds are counted in the one-one thousand, two-one thousand fashion

its very simple but it killed me pretty badly along with pretty much everyone in our session.

another one is a squat sit up i suppose. here is what we do. get a partner, have them step on your shoes (if you don't mind) or hold you by your ankles, and you have to go from doing a sit up to doing a full squat, and perform a 1-2 combination. do about 10-15 of them and you'll be good. if you get used to it just simply increase reps i guess.

jack nife sit ups are good too. this is the only example i could find, although its not that great, it gives you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rj3OG8n1Dk

you just have to explode and make your hands and feet meet in the middle. gotta be explosive but in total control.

another one, you can grab a partner and have them hold your ankles in the sit up position while one leg is bent and the other is straight. do 25 on each side. then on the next set, your partner will do a little work while he alternates your leg/foot placement, like pedaling a bike. do 25 again. then go back and do 25 full sit ups.

JulioCesaChavez
11-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Hang from edge of ring and you will need no weight.

d_lyrik803
11-25-2008, 01:33 AM
yea i've done those before, those are pretty tough.

Domey
11-25-2008, 01:47 AM
My ab work out consist of three minutes of situps, then three minutes of cruches, then some leg lifts while suspended from a pull-up bar. I also sometimes get a bench and lay so my ass is right at the end of the bench and my upper body hangs off. Have someone sit on your legs and do 30 on each side(Back, both sides, and stomache).

I also do another exercise I don't know the name. Sit on your ass, lean back so your forearms are flat on the floor, and pull your legs in.

Before the end of my workout I finish with a 6inch routine.

Lay flat, lift your legs 6 inches of course. Start doing 30(You can start with 10, 15, 20.. w/e) small circles clockwise. Then xx number small circles counter clockwise. Then xx number big circles clockwise, xx number big circles counter clockwise. After these, if you did 15 of each, then you do double the amount of up and downs(Scissor kicks I guess?), and finally double ammount of cross overs. Do this all without letting your feet touch the floor of course.

When it starts getting easy, add more repititions.