View Full Version : Becoming a sparing partner?

fight_professor
11-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Professionally. I hear it pays. :D

I am ****, but have a little technique. I am however quite a big guy and can stand up to a fair few shots. I reckon I could be an effective talking punch bag for a up and coming pro.

I need a job, fast, and was wondering how to get into this line.

KingArthur
11-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Professionally. I hear it pays. :D

I am ****, but have a little technique. I am however quite a big guy and can stand up to a fair few shots. I reckon I could be an effective talking punch bag for a up and coming pro.

I need a job, fast, and was wondering how to get into this line.

**** I'll get into that line of work.

fight_professor
11-11-2008, 08:48 PM
precisely. i think i'd enjoy the job.

MikeBrew328
11-11-2008, 08:49 PM
No. Don't do it to yourself. Read this, even though its really a glorified version of what being a sparring partner means. (this guy has actually "made it")

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenworstjobs-2-sparringpartner.htm

KostyaTszyu44
11-11-2008, 08:52 PM
well any sort of pro wouldnt take you on as a sparring partner unless you had at least a few am (preferably pro) fights under your belt

sukhenkoy
11-11-2008, 10:51 PM
well any sort of pro wouldnt take you on as a sparring partner unless you had at least a few am (preferably pro) fights under your belt

Yeah good point. If a pro wanted to hit an object that doesn't really hit him back, he'd hit a heavy bag.

ferocity
11-11-2008, 11:03 PM
No. Don't do it to yourself. Read this, even though its really a glorified version of what being a sparring partner means. (this guy has actually "made it")

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenworstjobs-2-sparringpartner.htm

great article

rj_ct
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
aim high, dude.

Southpaw16BF
11-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Being a Sparring parther is no easy job, you would have to be in proper shape and you could take a few beatings along the way.And don't just think you will get in all the big camps either you do have to be pretty decent, have a long hard think about it first before making a decision.

Wyson
11-12-2008, 06:44 AM
yeah thats not the job for me if i cant hit back haha

Oriachim
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
yeah you need to know how to box at least, otherwise they're better off boxing a punch bag.

Domey
11-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Alot of professionals that need sparring parters are looking for someone who can box. Most "sparring partners" have some sort of boxing history. A decent amature career, or somewhat of a pro career. These guys stay in shape year round, so they are ready and on call for whenever needed.

I've been around world champions that have sparring partners come to training camp, and it is no easy task. Sparring 8+ hard rounds against a boxing prospect, world champion, or anything of the sort is out of most peoples league.

fight_professor
11-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll consider my options wisely.