View Full Version : Need help jumping rope...yeah i just said that

Wyson
11-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Well i have good footwork and stamina but whenever i go to jump rope after a while i usually hit my foot and then stop, and start again. The problem is when i try and do like those one-footed skips the rope hits my foot....stupid question but how can i prevent this? Is it just that i need to get the rhythem down? Thanks

skyler
11-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Well i have good footwork and stamina but whenever i go to jump rope after a while i usually hit my foot and then stop, and start again. The problem is when i try and do like those one-footed skips the rope hits my foot....stupid question but how can i prevent this? Is it just that i need to get the rhythem down? Thanks

It's just like the speedball and double end bag, practice and when you start getting rythm it gets easier.

keepthemhandsup
11-10-2008, 06:29 PM

if you just started, then don't try to do one footed skip....just jump rope. try to jump on your toes insted of your foot....and like the guy above me said once you get into rythem...it will be easy

AztecWanker
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
i remember waching the floyd video and wanting to skip rope like him in my first time. didnt happen lol. just practice and it should come naturally. all u got to do is keep a rhythm.